Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2017, 11:22 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Bentley EXP 12 Speed 6e Concept

https://www.netcarshow.com/bentley/2...ed_6e_concept/

Concept car rather obviously teasing the next Continetal; The concept car however is an electric vehicle, hinting that Bentley might want to fight Tesla as teh Top electric car;

Too bad the spyshots suggest that the real Continetal is not as good looking as these concepts, as it has to be a 4 setaer and obviously, it has to be the most spacious offering in it's segment and thus compromises styling somehow, although I do think this has a slightly too long wheelbase, a shorter back might make it look better.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:53 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The face looks rather strange and unappealing. The tail looks meh. Not a great design, and it really should be.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
The face looks rather strange and unappealing. The tail looks meh. Not a great design, and it really should be.
My thoughts exactly. Is this really the best their stylists could do? Have they not been aware of just how on game Mercedes is stylistically?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:25 PM
CSS Veteran

I think Bentley in general should overcome the round headlights, it just doesn't look right on modern designs.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Everyone realizes this is essentially a convertible version of the EXP-10 Speed 6 concept from the 2015 Geneva show, yes?

All the articles and comments about it act like it's a new design inside and out that we haven't seen before.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/bug...-6-sports.html
Old 03-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Everyone realizes this is essentially a convertible version of the EXP-10 Speed 6 concept from the 2015 Geneva show, yes?

All the articles and comments about it act like it's a new design inside and out that we haven't seen before.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/bug...-6-sports.html
Yup and it still looks weird up front. Almost as if the front doesn't belong with the side design.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:44 AM
Veteran Member

Default Yah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Yup and it still looks weird up front. Almost as if the front doesn't belong with the side design.
Agreed, I gotta say though I am in love with the side profile of the car.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Ofcourse, also the name indicates that. But it alredy has a slightly longer wheelbase, robbing some of the coupes classic GT proportions, and as far as we can tell from the spyshots, the real deal - the Continental - will mostly retain the detailing instead of the proportions (well, at least it will be clearly RWD this time) to properly seat 4 (which likely no Bentley customer does in his GT). Too bad the Coupe wasn#t taken straight to production with slightly more attractive headlights, it would be a handsome Bentley.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Ofcourse, also the name indicates that. But it alredy has a slightly longer wheelbase, robbing some of the coupes classic GT proportions, and as far as we can tell from the spyshots, the real deal - the Continental - will mostly retain the detailing instead of the proportions (well, at least it will be clearly RWD this time) to properly seat 4 (which likely no Bentley customer does in his GT). Too bad the Coupe wasn#t taken straight to production with slightly more attractive headlights, it would be a handsome Bentley.
I wasn't necessarily talking about people on here, but the auto blogs in general. Still, good to confirm. There was no mention of the previous comments in any of the posts before mine, hence my clarification. ;)
Old 03-08-2017, 04:10 PM

This concept (Convertible), unlike the previous one (Coupe) that had a Gasoline V8, is electric. It lacks exhaust pipes. But I doubt an EV version will see production.