Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011, 12:53 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

Well, I guess you can add me to the list.

I've known I was gay for a while but I only admitted it to myself last year. So far I've only told one of my friends and my mom (both took it well).

I'm still not entirely comfortable with the idea, though I don't know why - I've never considered myself to be particularly homophobic, at any rate - but it's who I am, and I've realized I can't deny it any longer.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Crazy Composer!

TdeV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post

I've known I was gay for a while but I only admitted it to myself last year. So far I've only told one of my friends and my mom (both took it well).

I'm still not entirely comfortable with the idea, though I don't know why - I've never considered myself to be particularly homophobic, at any rate - but it's who I am, and I've realized I can't deny it any longer.
Welcome to the closet.

It`s great that your mom and friend are accepting, and it`s good to just be yourself. It really helps you get through it!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:53 AM
NISMO by another name..

DATSUN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post

Congrats on taking that first step. I myself still am not comfortable with being bi. I'm dating a guy right now and often question myself and the relationship. My advise would be to take it slow and try to find like minds to sort of get more comfortable with the idea and understand those new feelings and emotions you may be experiencing.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:24 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
Welcome to the closet.

It`s great that your mom and friend are accepting, and it`s good to just be yourself. It really helps you get through it!
Thanks! I was reading your stuff on the previous page, I hope your parents are a little more accepting in the future. I'm not exactly speaking from experience, but it sounds to me like they just need more time.

As for me, well, my mom is an avid Will & Grace fan, so I didn't really expect any trouble, but it still took some time to work up the courage to tell her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATSUN
Congrats on taking that first step. I myself still am not comfortable with being bi. I'm dating a guy right now and often question myself and the relationship. My advise would be to take it slow and try to find like minds to sort of get more comfortable with the idea and understand those new feelings and emotions you may be experiencing.
Yeah, the idea of dating is just...wow, I still can't really wrap my mind around it. Maybe in a year or so but for the moment, I'm definitely taking it slow.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

Baji192 is on a distinguished road

Not sure why i even did it, but i went back through each page, and re-counted. I guess i was super bored with nothing else to do.

I think i might have miscounted but so far the count stands at 45.

Stats:
Out members - 45
Active Members - 198
Percentage - 23%
Almost 1/4 of the active member population

:-)
That is all.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 AM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

PRODIGY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

Good luck to all of you who have recently come out. 1 thing i've found with dating people whom people think I shouldn't (No, I am not gay but I date big girls lol) is that you shouldn't worry what other people will think or how they react as that will affect how true you are with yourself. I don't know how it feels to walk down a street holding hands with a man and knowing that everybody is staring at you, but I'm guessing it's not that different to me walking hand in hand with a girl that is twice the size of me. People stare, laugh, shout abuse at the girl and/or me and it just gets you down and can ruin your day. You just gotta be strong and remember that people who mock are the people who are insecure and not true to themselves.

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGY View Post
Good luck to all of you who have recently come out. 1 thing i've found with dating people whom people think I shouldn't (No, I am not gay but I date big girls lol) is that you shouldn't worry what other people will think or how they react as that will affect how true you are with yourself. I don't know how it feels to walk down a street holding hands with a man and knowing that everybody is staring at you, but I'm guessing it's not that different to me walking hand in hand with a girl that is twice the size of me. People stare, laugh, shout abuse at the girl and/or me and it just gets you down and can ruin your day. You just gotta be strong and remember that people who mock are the people who are insecure and not true to themselves.
Couldn't agree more! The ones who are comfortable with themselves are the ones who will smile at you and congratulate you. When you see a mocker, they are really just laughing at their own love life. A shame really.

I know personally for me, I really feel in my heart that I can only really be happy with another man. My attempts at being straight failed in high school, as it just never felt right or true. Now I'm just waiting for the day when a guy will come along and wrap his sturdy arms around me.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
CSS 2006 Ford Fusion nut

Mr. Fusion is on a distinguished road

Congratulations for coming out SV.
@TdeV: You welcomed SV to the closet....? Wasn't he in the closet when he didn't tell anyone?
Lol same here. I'm still waiting for a man to come and sweep me off my feet lol.
Oh, I don't mean to make anyone jealous but my personal trainer asked me to touch his ripped abs....and I did :woot2:
Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fusion View Post
Congratulations for coming out SV.
@TdeV: You welcomed SV to the closet....? Wasn't he in the closet when he didn't tell anyone?
Lol same here. I'm still waiting for a man to come and sweep me off my feet lol.
Oh, I don't mean to make anyone jealous but my personal trainer asked me to touch his ripped abs....and I did :woot2:
Wow, I envy you!

And I meant "The Closet" as in the thread, not the metaphor! :lol:
Old 04-11-2011, 10:48 AM
CSS 2006 Ford Fusion nut

Mr. Fusion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
Wow, I envy you!

And I meant "The Closet" as in the thread, not the metaphor! :lol:
Hehe, I thought you would . Ahhhh....;)
Ahh right, ok lol :lol: