Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 10:24 AM

Kam is on a distinguished road
Default 2007 Toyota Corolla (Its True)

In this weeks Autoexpress it has artists impression (I think) of the next Corolla. (I typed word from word and these are extracts from the mag).

If you spot a Toyota IST in disguse around the Nurburgring Circuit, they're re-fining the suspension settings and it will be on a new platform underpinning the car. Autoexpress say the design of the Corolla makes the 300N/MC the most versatile vehicle plaoform in the world.

The rear is inspired by the IST. Sitting on Toyota's recently developed 300N/MC chassis, the Corolla will also provide the basis for nine fresh models including:

RAV4
Avensis
Previa etc.

Engines:

2.2 litre Turbo. Buyers will get a choice of 148 bhp or 175 bhp and these will appear in the revised Avensis line-up as well. Power will be fed to the road via five or six speed manual gearboxes with a CVT semi-automatic also on offer.

A facelifed Verso Corolla is under development but this won't apper untill 2009. A concept hinting at the hatchback is expected to appear at Octer's Toyko Motor Show although theres no word of prices.
Source: Autoexpress

Modified by Santeno at 1:39 PM 6/3/2005

Old 06-03-2005, 12:17 PM

KebabGud is on a distinguished road

the 2,2liter turbo is a diesel..
but why give the Corolla/ avensis a automatic tranny but not the Lexus IS?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

likely a detuned version of the engine that an existing toyota tranny can handle
Old 06-04-2005, 04:39 PM

spwolf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (KebabGud)

Quote, originally posted by KebabGud »
the 2,2liter turbo is a diesel..
but why give the Corolla/ avensis a automatic tranny but not the Lexus IS?

heh, because they are pulling stuff from their behinds. Auto for diesel in still distant for Toyota and both diesels will have 6 speeds, as confirmed for Avensis (going to sale next month).

Also Corolla verso is getting an 2.2l 136hp diesel in 3 months as well.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:11 AM

Kam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (spwolf)

Nice. I wonder what the 2009 Corolla Verso is gonna get. A 1.8 litre????
From the impressions of Autoexpress it looks as if the car is gonna be smaller
Old 06-06-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: (Kam)

There are some renderings of WRC 4x4 Corolla, which I think should look similar to 2007 Corolla. I will try to find pic of that... Exciting looking!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

Is there spy pics of a white mule current corolla jacked up a bit with wider fenders?

If so, then i've seen the pics, nothing new.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:59 PM

from IS300.net. try imagining front bumper a lot smaller and you could be close to 2007 Corolla.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:06 PM

ndjan is on a distinguished road

The one criticism I have of Toyotas is the off-center placement of the emblem in front, especially if it's in the grille. The indentations or cutouts on the hoods or bumpers look odd to me.
It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted the badge to go completely in the grille or completely out of it, so they settled for something in between
Old 06-07-2005, 05:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

scorpio14 is on a distinguished road

WAH that looks GREAT.... besides that horrible front bumper and grille.... the rest i love it.... i srsly hope that the real thing looks something like this. I hope the interior will be awesome too... coz wit the Focus, Astra and 3...they got great features and styling... hope the Corolla can do better.

Body-Style.... are they gonna continue wit Sedan, Hatch (3 and 5 door) and Wagon?? Maybe a convertible should come out too... sinse MR2 is goin..

About engines.... well uve confirm diesel engine... BUT thatll most likely be fa europe only.... what gonna replace the 1.8L 100kW (VVT-i) and 140kW (VVTL-i) engines?? im hoping a 2.0L engine producing more then 110kW (like the Pre-facelift Rav4 and Avensis Verso had) or an all-new one. What else will be interesting is whether theyll use VVTL-i or VVTL-i with TURBO.... fa the Top-of-the-Range model; T-sport (Europe) or Sportivo (Australia) or XRS (America)

IM srsly hoping we c some AWD models to take on the WRX and even the STi.

Off the topic... the post Kam posted about the Autoexpress article. IT mention Previa and Avensis.... im guessing Previa is Tarago in Australia and Avensis would be the Verso model too.... DOES that mean that ALL-NEW models for both are coming out soon... coz they were released in 2000-01??

Closed Thread