Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2017, 05:29 AM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
It's a huge leap forward from the current dated car, but I'd have liked to have seen something beyond the Aston grille. I'm wondering if a sedan is in the works, because I want no part of a hatchback. If there is a sedan version, I will buy one when my Fusion lease is up.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mage=100613290

I dunno if It'll look ungainly like the Fiesta sedan though.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member

I don't like it, but to quote someone, "all cars in this segment are crap" LOL. Seriously though, it's too derivative. it's as if they'd taken the old one, redid the aston grille (not better), put on volvo headlights, swapped the rear doors for Fiat Tipo / BMW 1 5-door ones, and the rear lights for Fiat Tipo hatchback or Volvo. I'll pass. The sedan looks ungainly with the same doors as the hatch.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:53 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
It's a huge leap forward from the current dated car, .
Interesting, I think the current car has aged rather well, I wasn't expecting it (I admit I didn't like it initially)as it was a rather busy design, but once again getting proportions right (at least in hatchback and estate version, not so sure about the sedan) did the trick. It has a good stance, but cries for a more space efficient interior (especially upfront, where the dash eats into usable space without any need for it (as it is not an RWD car)

TZhis new model looks really good, a lot of details improved, although I agree with most who would like to see Ford move past the Aston grille (what will be next? Volvo - the Thor's hammer headlight seems there? Jaguar? Land Rover? Something not form the ex PAG portfolio?),personally I think the adaption of the Edge grille on the Escape/Kuga works really well, something similar could work on the sedans and hatchbacks as well.

But even with the Aston grille, I like it a lot overall. It#s a good job in keeping the general feel of the Focus intact, and yet bring new details (the c-pillar and sharp side crease, both slightly reminding me of the first gen BMW 1 series, and bot being my favorite parts of that design and sadly mostly abandoned there). Looking recognizable yet new. VAG - especially Audi - could learn in these terms a thing or two
Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Looks derivative but clean. No doubt looks significantly better resolved and less polarising than the current Focus hatch (which I quite admired in pre-facelifted form; Ford botched the facelift IMO).
Old 11-14-2017, 02:04 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mage=100613290

I dunno if It'll look ungainly like the Fiesta sedan though.
Thanks for the link. The Fiesta sedan was horrible, but the current Focus sedan is quite nice looking. This new one looks quite well proportioned.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
I'm wondering if a sedan is in the works, because I want no part of a hatchback. If there is a sedan version, I will buy one when my Fusion lease is up.
Yessir, sedan has been spied:

https://www.motor1.com/news/173382/f...an-spy-photos/
Old 11-15-2017, 12:38 AM
CSS Oldtimer

This looks really good. And apparently those earlier Autobild renderings got it mostly right:

It's too bad the US launch has been pushed back a year. I was hoping to replace my '13 ST with a next gen model but who knows when that will make it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Looks derivative but clean. No doubt looks significantly better resolved and less polarising than the current Focus hatch (which I quite admired in pre-facelifted form; Ford botched the facelift IMO).
That's interesting, I actually have the opposite opinion. I'm fond of this generation Focus but I think the pre-facelift front end was a bit messy, while the facelift was much better resolved. But to each his own I suppose.

Last edited by SV; 11-15-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:16 AM
Raconteur

Now if they have ditched the horrible DCT for a real automatic, that will be a wonderful improvement. If it's still the Powershift, I won't be a likely customer to buy one.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

more like PowerShit
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:50 AM

My really honest opinion is Ford felt supposed to update 2 cars (Fiesta and Focus) which were still fresh in their latest styiling and able to carry on for at least 2/3 more years, till the arrival of completely NEW models (see the latest Micra) and not an update of the current ones.
What changed on these Fords? Both of them switched from a really dynamic styile to a heavier one, growing up once again (it's really hard to consider the new Fiesta as B segment, as well as the new Focus is going to fight directly with the Mondeo/Fusion, especially in the sedan version). Fiesta lost on personality (the restyled Verve concept got at the edge of its beauty), while Focus gained on the frontal but tragically lost on the rear (except for KA+ and Kuga, ALL the Fords will share the same shape for rear lights and we're not talking about Audi).
There was a big Achille's heel on the current Focus: the small trunk. Now watching the next one, seems they wasted another occasion to get it larger, so it'll be only a bigger car, maybe with more space in the cockpit.
You know what? ... I'm pretty happy with my 2015 Focus.

Bye.

Last edited by Revolt; 11-15-2017 at 02:54 AM.