Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2011, 06:45 AM

Exterior is nice, if you're looking for a midsize midprice competitor for a hyundai. This should have been the Camry. For a lexus that's competing with the likes of the e-class and a6, it looks too bland and too inexpensive. But at least the interior is stunning.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to knihc2008

Whipped this up really quick

JC
Old 08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef211 View Post
Am I, the only one that likes the new GS.
You are not alone on this one my friend ;)

Anyways
Here's an official teaser preview of the upcoming F-sport version which will be unveiled in a few more months

Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

It looks great with huge wheels and especially this model of alloys.

I must say it's not revolutionary but I do like it. The interior is really nice, while the exterior is a bit sedate and too much inflated IS... but it somehow works. It wouldn't be my first option in this class, the XF and 5 Series are still ahead while I find the A6 (exterior wise) and E (exterior and interior wise) slightly behind.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
You are not alone on this one my friend ;)

Anyways
Here's an official teaser preview of the upcoming F-sport version which will be unveiled in a few more months

I'm not a fan os S-Lines, M-packs, AMG-kits of the world, but for once this could be the only way to really consider a GS, in my opinion.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Veteran Member

OMG IT'S HIDEOUS!!

First the god awful CT and now this horrible beast.

Toyota, what were you thinking?!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Astra View Post
OMG IT'S HIDEOUS!!

First the god awful CT and now this horrible beast.

Toyota, what were you thinking?!
They are thinking: "How can we really help the Genesis brand get off to a great start?"
Old 08-19-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1 View Post
The interior is really nice, while the exterior is a bit sedate and too much inflated IS... but it somehow works. It wouldn't be my first option in this class, the XF and 5 Series are still ahead while I find the A6 (exterior wise) and E (exterior and interior wise) slightly behind.
I agree. The 5er is still my favorite car in this class. I like the looks of the XF but I would still choose the Lexus over it - for reasons other than looks (i.e., overall ownership experience). To me, the E-class looks bad, but looks are very subjective. As for the A6, I can't get over the fact it's really a FWD-based AWD Volkswagen (again, just a personal thing). That, added to Lexus' smooth, quiet and refined ride, bullet-proof reliability (the most reliable cars on the market) and excellent resale value would put it among my top choices. I was never a big fan of Lexus interiors, but they obviously addressed that issue with the new GS. The exterior is inoffensive, but it's elegant and discrete. I personally don't like cars that make me look like I'm trying too hard to stand out in the crowd. Also for all these reasons, though, my choice would be the 5-series. :) (but since I can't afford any of the aforementioned vehicles, I'd happily accept any of them so long as it's free)

Last edited by Superamerica; 08-19-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Lexus seems completely lost in figuring out the kind of car company it wants to be.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superamerica View Post
The exterior is inoffensive, but it's elegant and discrete. I personally don't like cars that make me look like I'm trying too hard to stand out in the crowd.
There's elegant and discreet, and there's low-rent. I get that the best styled luxury sedans are tastefully styled. But they also clearly looked their value. The original series of Lexus vehicles were discreet but upscale looking. The original LS really changed the luxury sedan formula. This car, to me, is actually slightly gawdy with some of the design features and simply does not look upscale. It looks mid-market at best. When you compare it to, say, the Infiniti M or the Hyundai Genesis, both competitors, they look more expensive without looking like they are trying too hard to stand out. But I agree that BMW is the most balanced of the Germans.