Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndjan View Post
There's elegant and discreet, and there's low-rent. I get that the best styled luxury sedans are tastefully styled. But they also clearly looked their value. The original series of Lexus vehicles were discreet but upscale looking. The original LS really changed the luxury sedan formula. This car, to me, is actually slightly gawdy with some of the design features and simply does not look upscale. It looks mid-market at best. When you compare it to, say, the Infiniti M or the Hyundai Genesis, both competitors, they look more expensive without looking like they are trying too hard to stand out. But I agree that BMW is the most balanced of the Germans.
Um... you just called the GS' looks low-rent and stated that the Genesis looks upscale. I find this Lexus very elegantly styled and the Genesis to have a derivative yet bland design (which I also don't find to be aging too well, especially given it was just introduced for the 2010 model year). Obviously, our opinions are so divergent that no matter how much we argue we'll never reach an agreement (except that we like the 5-series). But that's the beauty of diversity and variety. :)
Old 08-20-2011, 03:21 AM
CSS Oldtimer

it just doesn't look very special or distinctive
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

This looks like a poor chinese rip-off of a GS...not the ACTUAL GS. Let's just hope this isn't the fate of the IS when it's redesigned...
Old 08-20-2011, 07:07 AM
CSS Veteran

Unless you're getting a Genesis 5.0 R-spec version, there is no way a Genesis sedan can be a better car overall compared to the Lexus GS............and based on what we've seen on this new 4GS so far, I believe that the same is true.

The Genesis will definitely win on the aspects of cheaper pricing and value for money. Other than that, well I'm not so sure.

Features? Definitely Lexus? Technology? This new 4GS will wipe the floor of what the Genesis Sedan offers. Reliability? Well it's hard to say. Hyundai has shown some improvements as well so we'll see. Either way, I doubt Lexus would want to slack off on this especially since they are known for maintaing in vehicle quality and reliability. Resale value? Probably Lexus atm.

Simply put:
To call the Genesis Sedan (well maybe except the 5.0 R-spec sedan version) as a better car (overall) against this 4GS is a bit premature, isn't it?

Anyways

Here are some more pics but this time from the Lexus Japan demo and test drive preview event.

Pics for this come from response.jp

Please comment :)

Last edited by Blackraven; 08-20-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Raconteur

In long-term tests the Genesis has proven uber reliable. Its warranty incidence rate is low, meaning that you don't know the service writer by first name. The Genesis is exactly the type of vehicle the first Lexus LS400 was. And snobs back then sneered at it saying "Yeah it may be a value, but it's not really worthy of this group." The sad thing is that Lexus, for whatever reason, seems unable to get that they need to take the Camry out of their mindset. If Kia produces their Genesis-based coupesedan, and there's no reason why they wouldn't, the Lexus GS and others will have real issues from yet another source. As it is now, the Genesis, CTS, and 300C are great reasons NOT to buy a GS.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:19 PM
CSS Veteran

Genesis? Only in 5.0 R-spec version. I don't find any appeal once it reaches the lower versions

CTS? I think CTS-V Wagon looks bad-ass

300C? Err.........I'm currently having a hard time to understand why one should even bother with that vehicle (IMHO it looks kinda bulky and bland)
Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
In long-term tests the Genesis has proven uber reliable. Its warranty incidence rate is low, meaning that you don't know the service writer by first name. The Genesis is exactly the type of vehicle the first Lexus LS400 was. And snobs back then sneered at it saying "Yeah it may be a value, but it's not really worthy of this group." The sad thing is that Lexus, for whatever reason, seems unable to get that they need to take the Camry out of their mindset. If Kia produces their Genesis-based coupesedan, and there's no reason why they wouldn't, the Lexus GS and others will have real issues from yet another source. As it is now, the Genesis, CTS, and 300C are great reasons NOT to buy a GS.
I disagree, this new GS will own the Genesis, CTS, 300C in this segment. Plus the Genesis, 300C are fullsize so this isn't a comparable argument. CTS is the only viable argument here.

Last edited by chef211; 08-20-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

who the hell cross shops a GS/5er/E-class/XF/etc with a 300c lol

No - against the wall
Old 08-20-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by against the wall View Post
who the hell cross shops a GS/5er/E-class/XF/etc with a 300c lol
Thinking the same thing.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Administrator

It's really impressive how Lexus have managed to make this car simultaneously dreadful and soul-numbingly boring. I always thought those were two mutually exclusive aesthetic spaces.