Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2017, 08:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
The number-crunchers here in Australia are not even sure if they will offer the new Fiesta or Focus. Shortsighted as always. And i was hoping they would add the wagon here as they do in New Zealand.
It is rather sad. Withdrawing Fiesta and Focus from sale (if it did happen) will only exacerbate Ford's sales slide. Just look what withdrawing passenger car sales have done for the likes of Nissan (although their Australian subsidiary is a basket case).

I do understand why the Focus wagon wouldn't be considered for release here though. Aussies aren't buying traditional wagons anymore. And the small wagon market was never really strong here, as manufacturer after manufacturer (who released and then swiftly withdrew new models from sale) can readily attest. Even Toyota can't even been bothered with this segment, which is saying something.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:19 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
It is rather sad. Withdrawing Fiesta and Focus from sale (if it did happen) will only exacerbate Ford's sales slide. Just look what withdrawing passenger car sales have done for the likes of Nissan (although their Australian subsidiary is a basket case).

I do understand why the Focus wagon wouldn't be considered for release here though. Aussies aren't buying traditional wagons anymore. And the small wagon market was never really strong here, as manufacturer after manufacturer (who released and then swiftly withdrew new models from sale) can readily attest. Even Toyota can't even been bothered with this segment, which is saying something.
They are just too scared to take 'chances'. Even though i see plenty of Skoda Octavia wagons around, Ford is still reluctant. I mean sure, they may not be massive volume sellers but so what?

Ford's biggest issue with the Fiesta and Focus in Australia was the poor reliability and quality stemming from the awful quality control of the Thailand factory. With the next Focus moving production to China, i am hoping they will get things right and decide to offer them here again. At the very least i am hoping they will import the ST and RS variants. And yes, wagon versions too.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 10-20-2017, 07:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
The number-crunchers here in Australia are not even sure if they will offer the new Fiesta or Focus. Shortsighted as always. And i was hoping they would add the wagon here as they do in New Zealand.
What is Ford planing to sell in Down Under? The Mondeo only with some aging Cross Overs (Kuga/Escape and EcoSport)? Have they recently hired Mitsubishi managers that went through a strategic training with Sergio Marchione?
Old 10-21-2017, 03:18 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
What is Ford planing to sell in Down Under? The Mondeo only with some aging Cross Overs (Kuga/Escape and EcoSport)? Have they recently hired Mitsubishi managers that went through a strategic training with Sergio Marchione?
No idea man, they might opt for cheap new Ka+ to replace the Fiesta and compete with other budget city cars like the Mitsubishi Mirage and suspecting they may also look into the Fiesta Active. As for the Focus, i am hoping that since this new generation is larger they will see a point for bringing it here to compete with the Civic and the Octavia or they may only decide to bring the Active, ST and RS versions which to be honest i'd be happy with.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 10-21-2017, 03:29 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
No idea man, they...
Granted, I know nothing about Oz, but the Focus would seem to be a fairly universal product for any market. Does the Golf sell well there?
Old 10-21-2017, 09:21 AM

Don't see what is nice about it. Will be the same rubbish as every other car in its class.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Don't see what is nice about it. Will be the same rubbish as every other car in its class.
like Dacia, Fiat and BMW?
Popcorn time 😉
Old 10-21-2017, 02:06 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Popcorn time 😉
Those are all trash, especially BMW.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Popcorn time 😉
the only wagon he'll consider is a Lamborghini
Old 10-21-2017, 09:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Granted, I know nothing about Oz, but the Focus would seem to be a fairly universal product for any market. Does the Golf sell well there?
Golf sales are consistently in the top 20 each month i.e. selling over 1000 units a month. Focus sales have been more variable over the years - one month they may be great, the next dismal.

Nevertheless, I find it hard to believe Ford Australia would axe Focus given that the small car segment here remains in strong health. The mini car segment is struggling badly, so Fiesta I would imagine is most under a cloud.

As Cosworth said, reliability has been a major problem, particularly relating to transmission failures. Ford's response has been less than helpful...

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/07/a...ift-gearboxes/

Last edited by ocn75; 10-21-2017 at 09:15 PM.