Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2017, 12:16 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2018 Opel/Vauxhall Grandland X

https://www.netcarshow.com/vauxhall/2018-grandland_x/

Like the Crossland, it's PSA underneath; in this case, related to the Peugeot 3008 and recently unveiled Citroen C5 Aircross. Nice enough, but completely blown away inside by both the French cousins.

Last edited by SV; 04-19-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
...completely blown away inside by both the French cousins.
To each his own certainly, but I love the utter simplicity of the interior. This is a good looking vehicle.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:49 PM

At least, with its "less modern" interior, the Opel/Vauxhall SUV should be the less expensive of all the PSA medium SUV range ;)

And should be the best seller of the PSA range in UK and Germany :)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 AM

Didn't get a call for the BEV Ampera-e test drive, but keep receiving promotional stuff for their crap ICEVs. Opel is the worst of all brands.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:10 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Can't get over how bad the name sounds, sorry. I am guessing its to appeal to the Chinese market? Then again Opels are sold as Buicks there so....

I like the look of the car, inside and out, but damn that name...

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 04-21-2017, 07:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Can't get over how bad the name sounds, sorry. I am guessing its to appeal to the Chinese market? Then again Opels are sold as Buicks there so....

I like the look of the car, inside and out, but damn that name...
This certainly won't be a Buick anymore, and probably one of the few current Oepls PSA will be able to sell abroad, as it is already fully PSA derived and not a GM vehicle underneath.

The naming scheme (Crossland X, Grandland X) obviously want's to echo some of the German premium alphabetical order/family unity ("...land X") without fully giving up names. The result is a bit weird, though I think the Grand Sport badge name attached to every Insignia is also a bit weird, as is the big "Turbo" on every petrol car without a NA engine (which, nowadays, is basically every car in the European market, so it doesn't exactly come with the bragging rights as it was in the 70ies or 80ies...). Then there were the Opel Mokka, Adam and Karl, all highlighted for their stupid names, but they still sell. Probably stupid names is their thing ;)
Old 04-22-2017, 10:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm14 View Post
At least, with its "less modern" interior, the Opel/Vauxhall SUV should be the less expensive of all the PSA medium SUV range ;)

And should be the best seller of the PSA range in UK and Germany :)
well, it will be best seller Germany, by default of its badge(s)... though I doubt it will be much cheaper just because its interior is "less modern".... it might be cheaper because 99% of its interior is already used in two other Opel/Vauxhall (and even Buick) models....:

...I know I'm sarcastic prick but this kind of "imagination poverty" saddens me in when used in a single model (though I can tolerate it as a "matter of taste")... but, when it is copy/pasted trough entire range and size of models, it just irritates me! how the f*ck do you determine which model you're in.... by how claustrophobic its interior feels?!?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2018 Opel Grandland X

fourth EMP2 clone in its serial form:

slightly less "stiff" design than on usual "plebeian" German vehicle (meaning the rear end, behind the rear doors), with usually catatonic interior... French trio's interiors feel like a "happy hour in the posh whorehouse" compared to that, but I guess that's ok... it is kind of sane to "cover both ends of a stick"...

source and other pictures http://www.largus.fr/francfort/opel-...n-title-anchor
Old 04-19-2017, 07:43 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
French trio's interiors feel like a "happy hour in the posh whorehouse" compared to that, but I guess that's ok... it is kind of sane to "cover both ends of a stick"...

source and other pictures http://www.largus.fr/francfort/opel-...n-title-anchor
I love the "happy hour in the posh whorehouse" expression ;)

The interior is indeed a bit boring by now, we have seen it in every other Opel so far, it starts to become the Audi sedan exterior of interiors ;) That said, at least it does look very different to it's platform mate 3008 and C5 Cross both inside and outside, unlike most VW/Seat/Skoda platform mates...
Old 04-19-2017, 08:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

btw... I just noticed that there already is existing thread for it, that I somehow missed before posting .... could one of mods join this one with it pls...