There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2016, 03:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
I agree about the 911.

I understand that but they could definitely stray a little further. I guess we'll see when the clothes come off what's really going on with this redesign aesthetic wise.
I may be biased as an owner, but it's safe to say that the Wrangler is every bit of an icon as the 911; they just serve very different markets.

The fact that Jeep sells every single Wrangler produced without issue, and that they operate Toledo at max capacity is enough for them to play it safe with the design of the new model. From what I understand, it is a very evolutionary design. There have been many reports of changes that had to be made to increase rigidity necessary to meet certain safety standards that may alienate the die-hard fans as is. Personally, the current Wrangler has been my favorite. I love my 2014 and if Jeep gets it right again, I'll order a 2018 as soon as the order banks open.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:35 AM
The Lurker

The Wrangler is the essence of pure functionalism in a modern production car. The look could stay the same and people would still buy them. Improve the fuel economy and safety bits and it'll do the same. No need to revolutionize the look when the Renegade and Cherokee are already branching out into the weird-looking pseudo-jeep realm.

The 911 has changed more than the Wrangler, but you would get riots outside both companies if the designers did anything daring. Both are somewhat "perfection" in their classes.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:09 PM
CSS Oldtimer

First prototypes of the pick up version:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...ckup-spy-shot/

Old 07-20-2016, 05:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

much bigger bed than I was expecting. guess it will have real pickup functionality instead of more of an adventure type pickup. removable roof mechanism from current gen seems to go relatively unchanged to the next gen model.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Raconteur

The Ram bed is a total hoot on the prototype. I wonder if Ram will get a Dakota. The Jeep pickup, I would imagine, would be "premium" priced, but the platform could easily produce a more pedestrian Dakota to do battle in the Canyon/Colorado/Tacoma segment. I hope Jeep resurrects the Gladiator name for its pickup.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:00 AM
Veteran Member

New pics of the 4 door have surfaced, with a close up look of the new grille and LED headlights.

http://www.quadratecchannel.com/blog...-photos-emerge
Old 07-30-2016, 01:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyo View Post
New pics of the 4 door have surfaced, with a close up look of the new grille and LED headlights.

http://www.quadratecchannel.com/blog...-photos-emerge
Looks like they chopped down a Ram PU bed.

Good chance that FCA will do the Jeep and a compact Ram PU off the same chassis?
Old 07-30-2016, 02:44 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
Looks like they chopped down a Ram PU bed.

Good chance that FCA will do the Jeep and a compact Ram PU off the same chassis?
Who knows? Given how Wranglers tend to sell fully optioned, it might serve FCA to do a Dakota and have it be a price leader and a fleet truck. The Tacoma and Colorado are all over the place as work trucks.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:53 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Who knows? Given how Wranglers tend to sell fully optioned, it might serve FCA to do a Dakota and have it be a price leader and a fleet truck. The Tacoma and Colorado are all over the place as work trucks.
Properly done, it could also replace the Mitsubishi with a Fiat face truck sold in some markets (even though that is new now...)
Old 08-05-2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The Ram bed is a total hoot on the prototype. I wonder if Ram will get a Dakota. The Jeep pickup, I would imagine, would be "premium" priced, but the platform could easily produce a more pedestrian Dakota to do battle in the Canyon/Colorado/Tacoma segment. I hope Jeep resurrects the Gladiator name for its pickup.
Gladiator?? I think you mean Scrambler.. The Gladiator didn't share the Wrangler (CJ) face.

Last edited by burley; 08-05-2016 at 12:08 AM.