There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2016, 02:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Exactly.

I wonder what the interior of the E-Pace will look like. I wasn't super impressed w/ the interior of the XE/F-Pace, so I can't imagine what a cheaper car would look like.... ::shudder::
opposed to all the variation between every Mercedes and BMW interior? same sausage different length, interior and exterior, is the direction of most car companies and it makes sense.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
opposed to all the variation between every Mercedes and BMW interior? same sausage different length, interior and exterior, is the direction of most car companies and it makes sense.
Oddly defensive...and that doesn't really address his comment at all. He pondered what the E-Pace interior would look like and said he wasn't a fan of the XE / F-Pace interior. So, your response basically confirms that he won't be a fan of the E-Pace's either.

And I'd disagree with the characterization of the MB interiors. Do they have similarities? Yes, but they're also distinguishable from each other.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
And I'd disagree with the characterization of the MB interiors. Do they have similarities? Yes, but they're also distinguishable from each other.
IMO it's fait to say that the similarities are more than the points to distinguish. Yes, the iPad like freestanding nav Screen on sedans and hatchbacks varies in size, and can include the instruments (E, S-Class), but in general, pretty similar. Just as Audi, with probably BMW having the most similar interiors.
However, with Jaguar Ii agree, the XE in base spec doesn't leave much space for any "prmeium car interior" to slot below. On the other hand, the Range Rover Evoque, one main E-Pace competitor depsite being a stable mate, has a fairly fine interior, that manages to feel special even in base trim. given that the Jag supposedly will be priced above the Evoque, that means either it will nevertheless have a cheaper feel, or it will feel more expensive than the bigger, D-segment cars form the same brand.

Given how the Mule does not seem to alter the Evoque's proportions, I wonder if the small Jag SUV will also be derived form an FWD/AWD platform instead of a shrunken, RWD/AWD platform used in the larger Cats.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
I pj and mick note, I was really commenting more about perceived quality. I actually don't mind car interiors w/i a brand looking similar (but not exactly the same), as long as it's all very quality. IMHO, the Audi and MB interiors look related but have enough of a difference to distinguish them. BMW, though, has a big prob w/ the 5-series and 7-series (the 7-series, IMHO, does not do enough to distance itself from the 5-series in terms of design).

The XE interior looks a bit low-rent, IMHO (even compared to the 3-series or Lexus), and it's very, VERY cramped. Unacceptably so, IMHO. Some may appreciate the more simple interior design, but the quality of the materials don't do enough to make up for this. The F-Pace was better, but only b/c it was more spacious (the interior was quite airy, actually).

The CLA/GLA interior is not great, but, w/ the improvement in the C-Class interior, I assume that the A-Class models will be getting a decent upgrade in the next redesign....

I was reading an article that the F-Pace will be bookended by the E-Pace (duh) and a J-Pace.

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 01-20-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:33 AM

First prototype pictures:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...d-summer-debut
Old 01-11-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
Pretty good camouflage! Looks like it'll have a pretty sporty look, but the dash-to-axle ratio is awfully short.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:42 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Pretty good camouflage! Looks like it'll have a pretty sporty look, but the dash-to-axle ratio is awfully short.
Well, the "dash-to-axle" ratio definitely tells the story of the second FWD Jaguar after the X-Type, obviously optional AWD: I guess this is based of the Disco Sport, which it self is a heavily revised Evoque platform.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:00 AM

XE / E-Pace
XF / F-Pace

It is confusing, because "e" stands for electric, but "i" is the buzz letter (iPhone, BMW i, etc...). Anyway, E pace will be FWD, like every other "SUV" in this class (except RWD Alfa Stelvio, BMW X3 and Mercedes GLC, Audi and Subaru are AWD). It might sell well initially, but that is it, it won't even sell more than the NX which is, despite comparatively low sales, best or 2nd best looking in class.

Quote:
I pj and mick note, I was really commenting more about perceived quality. I actually don't mind car interiors w/i a brand looking similar (but not exactly the same), as long as it's all very quality. IMHO, the Audi and MB interiors look related but have enough of a difference to distinguish them. BMW, though, has a big prob w/ the 5-series and 7-series (the 7-series, IMHO, does not do enough to distance itself from the 5-series in terms of design).

The XE interior looks a bit low-rent, IMHO (even compared to the 3-series or Lexus), and it's very, VERY cramped. Unacceptably so, IMHO. Some may appreciate the more simple interior design, but the quality of the materials don't do enough to make up for this. The F-Pace was better, but only b/c it was more spacious (the interior was quite airy, actually).

The CLA/GLA interior is not great, but, w/ the improvement in the C-Class interior, I assume that the A-Class models will be getting a decent upgrade in the next redesign....

I was reading an article that the F-Pace will be bookended by the E-Pace (duh) and a J-Pace.

The only design difference between A/C Class and E/S Class (not talking about quality) is that in the higher class cars, the "two" displays are joined together, rather than stacked on ugly Chinese iPad.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
XE / E-Pace
XF / F-Pace
Actually XE = F-Pace and the XF's equivalent would be a "J-Pace" if it makes it to market.

E-Pace would slot below both in size.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:15 AM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/02/u-s...ts-brands.html

updated pictures;

Especially in these shots with the trunk open it is actually visible that this will be rather a fastback design, and the "fake buttresses" on the hatch to emulate an Evoque like greenhouse are camo only. I have the feeling this will be quite a looker....