Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 11:19 AM

Default 2015 Citroen Cactus(new C line model)

Cactus prototype spied in Southern Europe
Old 09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Looks pretty much like a "de concepted" version of the current Cactus concept. Not bad, but probably a bit plain for a Citroen? And the rather low ride height makes me wonder whether this will be a SUV, a Cross Over or a DS5 like in-between every segment car (and the DS5 doesn't seem to sell overly well...)
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Looks pretty much like a "de concepted" version of the current Cactus concept. Not bad, but probably a bit plain for a Citroen? And the rather low ride height makes me wonder whether this will be a SUV, a Cross Over or a DS5 like in-between every segment car (and the DS5 doesn't seem to sell overly well...)
true..."de concepted" sums it up nicely... and sadly, if I may add... because it will obviously lose concepts best features; thin&sleek profile (taller side windows and thicker body beneath them) and LED head lamps (lower mounted "conventionals" will completely alter its nose). but I do hope its interior (minus front bench) will stay as it is... because its charming&frivolous simplicity is one of the best things of the concept...
Old 12-21-2013, 11:01 AM
CSS Oldtimer

they opened official mini site for it, but the "days counter" is still well in the double digits, so it is too soon to open thread for it in New cars section...
but, there are some funny&not much revealing sub-section animations that can be cropped....:

the one that IS interesting is this one...as Iink, because of its size:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/179608motorcar.png

interesting, because we can see that they did it again!! rear door windows are FIXED , because their glass is obviously too large for the "door cut-out" to be lowered and besides that, there is a window buckle, clearly visible on the inside of rear right doors window...

on the mini site, this teaser is covered with balloons, but somebody managed to "clear" them.. and if they were just a "layer" over the picture, what we see up there is real and not "a fruit" of somebody's imagination... though I'll make my "final judgement" about it, when I'll see the rest of the car, I find it "wacky".... but I cant wait for Swizz to start mentioning words like "idiosyncratic"... ;)

english version minisite: http://c4cactus.citroen.com/uk
Old 09-23-2017, 11:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Cactus is up for its mid life overhaul... it was caught on video while shooting its promotion materials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuQlakw4mJQ

and here are two screen captures:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0CLJE1PhP.../s1600/100.jpg
https://servimg.com/view/17861020/244

source: worldscoop.forumpro.fr

as it seems, an extensive one, because it is getting new "family face" of C3, C3 Aircross and C5 Aircross... it obviously is loosing its roof bars too ... also, its airbump panels are decreasing in their size and number, while the side ones are moving to lower end of doors....
by some (yet unconfirmed ) info much could be changed under its hood too... it might get new engines (new 1.5l diesel and even 130hp 1.2l turbo gasoline), particle filters on all types of engines, new 6 speed manual and updated 6 speed automatic gearbox, as well as new progressive hydraulic dampers that had their "debut" on C5 Aircross ...

If you ask me... I'm kind of sorry about this "unified face" design change... I kind of liked it having its own face and
rather unique "I don't give a f**k" personality, while still being instantly recognized as Citroen! and I kind of don't understand their model strategy... they made this wacky, "bubble wrapped" B segment crossover but, they named it with C segment name as "C4" Cactus.... then they made themselves another B segment crossover (C3 Aircross) on the same mechanics and with practically identical dimensions as replacement for their B segment MPV (C3 Picasso), but thankfully, with different face (and without airbump "buuble wraps")! now, they are face lifting "C4" Cactus with C3 Aircross face and with much less airbumps... but, to -check this- "differentiate" it from C3 Aircross, they are removing its roof rails, so it would look "less crossover" and could "serve" as "mitigation model" for their aging C segment compact (C4) until its true replacement comes somewhere in 2020....
go figure

Last edited by drugmirko; 09-23-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:14 AM
Raconteur

This is progress. The Craptus looks less hideous than before and is now marginally acceptable.

Last edited by swizzle; 09-24-2017 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Cant wait to see it, I love some Citroen.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:36 PM

It's more than a simple lifting of the C4 Cactus :)
Old 09-24-2017, 07:01 PM
The Lurker

They're getting rid of the air bump moldings:

http://www.burlappcar.com/2017/09/20...en-cactus.html

Stupid stupid move. Just removing any bit of character and making it more streamlined for the masses. It puts more emphasis on the C pillar treatment which is odd and fitting of the outgoing model's quirkiness, but looks out of place now.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:37 PM
Raconteur

Great move. That was by far one of its ugliest features. Goodbye and good riddance, I say. It's starting to look quite nice actually.