Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2017, 07:59 AM
CSS Veteran

Default 2017 Cadillac Presidential Limousine

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...mp-white-house

Not sure if this has been posted before, but Cadillac is putting their final touches on their new Beast 2.0 limo. This new limo has styling cues from the Escalade, CT6 and XTS. I guess President Trump will continue on with the Obama beast until this ready. Contract does not end until the end of next month, so that is why you have not seen it at the Inauguration.

I think Cadillac did a pretty good job with the styling considering they are using 8" thick tank armor and 5" thick glass. It does look a bit better than the current Cadillac One. I guess there have been improvements in armor design which can allow for a more production like car.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:10 AM
CSS Veteran

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-spied-testing

Looks like Cadillac One is doing some testing and it does look a bit inline with Cadillac styling than the current car. I guess the Armoring technology has improved to the point that Cadillac designers can make it a bit better (not that the current car is a looker). Has headlamps similar to the Escalade and taillamps look like CT6 units. Mirrors are from the XT5 crossover where as the current car uses GMT900 truck mirrors. Probably based on the Kodiak Chassis or perhaps a version of the GM HD chassis as the K200 HD chassis can supposedly go to Class 5.

Expect to see this limo in the next upcoming months or even next year.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:32 AM

Make limousines great again!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:00 AM
CSS Veteran

Must be the camera angle, but the rear tires seem to be bigger than the front. Tires for this new limo are Goodyear Regional RHS II truck tires.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:39 AM
CSS Veteran

I see CT6, XT5, XTS, Escalade and likely CTS in this new limo. Kind of a bit of a hodge podge styling wise, but styling is not really what the Secret Service wants. If it looks like a Cadillac, then that all that matters. Though I find the current limo to be very classy looking.

Though one could imagine what a Lincoln limo could look like. Probably a Navigator/Continental mutt on a Super Duty or even F-650/750 chassis with a Power Stroke Diesel, as I don't think the 6.8L v10 is up for the task (maybe with some mods).
Old 06-02-2017, 08:46 AM
CSS Veteran

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...sidential-limo

Still being fine tuned and worked on, but it might be next year or something like that. 8 lug wheels and Regional RHS II tires indicate that this is being built on a medium duty truck chassis. Not much else is known but this is going to be a car that will provide the very best and most top of the line security to the most important passenger in the world.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Cadillac should've used this as free marketing for the new corporate face and put the Escalade front end on it. A mutated Escalade does nothing for their brand.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Legit question - does each POTUS get their own new limo? Just wondering why they couldn't have used the last one...from what I understand - the thing was basically indestructible.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Legit question - does each POTUS get their own new limo? Just wondering why they couldn't have used the last one...from what I understand - the thing was basically indestructible.
They just get old. The current fleet dates back to 2009. Timing-wise Clinton had the same one throughout his terms and George W. Bush got a new one, then Obama got a new one, which I think is just coincidence (in other words, the current trend just seems to be that they last approximately 8 years). The person who succeeds a one-term presidency wouldn't get a new one if the last President did, etc.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

NOT true :

Clinton's smelled like Monica.
Dubya's smelled like piss and burned pork.
Obama's smelled like communism.

So they built replacements, true story.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.