Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM

It works for the Saab but the new Tribeca looks like the Town and Country. Subaru should've atleast kept those headlights from before. But that's just me.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Photo Editor

Default Re: (jairo)

I liked the old grill, but I could see how people would dislike it. But I think the old headlights were soooooo much better.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Saab 9-6x??? (rwcmick)

No this never publically shown Saab Concept, from around 2 years ago, was based on the Tribeca, and was to fortell the future 9-6x. The one that you are talking about, the 9-4x is to be shown at NAIAS this winter I think. Imagine the concept that I am showing with 4 doors and you have the stillborn 9-6X, which would have looked very much like the refreshed Tribeca
Old 04-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Saab 9-6x??? (bostonspider)

boston,

i know that saab did plan to rebadge the subaru...but look at these pix! firstly, it only has two doors (like the antara concept) and the pix came on line right around the time that the antara concept bowed. look at the hood, it's size and shape aren't anywhere near the tribeca.

i do agree w/ you that had saab gone through with the rebadge it would have looked like this nose, but the concept in these photos is not tribeca in any way.

Notice the same Hoffmeister kink in the C pillar (I guess it's still a C even though it's really pillarless at the door frame) on both of the concepts.

Modified by rwcmick at 4:23 PM 4/3/2007

Old 04-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member

i have to say im on the side of boston right now. that c pillar is now being used on the facelifted trib-y, very likely because saab had already prepared to use it.

furthermore that mock ups rear end give it away. aside form teh rear lamps which are similar to the trib's the general glass area of the hatch is almost if not identical to the trib's

furhtermore from what can be seen of the front doors it appears there is room for the small windows posted between the main A-pillar and the sub a-pillar just as there is on the trib, soemthing that yes the antara concept posseses, but the production one does not, and by looking at the pictures of that saab it is only concept in nature, obviously a mock up of a production version not of a concept show car

Old 04-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member

on another note did sub finally dump the b9 portion of the name?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 PM

Looking at the pictures of both together, I see the same hood on the Tribeca and 9-6x concept, as well as the same headlights and tailights, the same 3/4 rear window, the same set up for bumper and under bumper grills. I think that the "concept" was just based on a shorted wheel base Tribeca just to be a 3 door concept. The stance is very different from the Antara, which is so much sportier looking than either the Tribeca or the 9-6x concept pictured. I am pretty sure that this was based on the Tribeca as it was shown a while before the Antara and was seen back when we all expected the 9-6x to be coming as a rebadged Tribeca... The 9-4X that we will be getting is based on the Theta (Plus) from the Antara

Old 04-03-2007, 04:38 PM

Well whatever it looks like, it looks a helluva lot better. I am so suprised that a minor refresh can make a car look so much better. I used to loathe this car before, now it's not half bad.

I just wish the rear didn't have that "Fat roll" in the middle, oh and i guess it continues on to the rear doors also.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: (Soul Man)

yes

from autoweek: Subaru also dumps the B9 part of the name, leaving its SUV to be known simply as the Tribeca.

Quote, originally posted by Soul Man »
on another note did sub finally dump the b9 portion of the name?

Modified by rwcmick at 4:56 PM 4/3/2007
Old 04-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Default re: saab suv

okay, uncle on the argument...i guess we all see something different. certainly the styling queues of the rear mockup are in lock step with the subie.

no matter, saab lost two suv's to stillbirth: an srx spinoff and a tribeca spinoff and we were saddled withg the 97x. let's hope the forthcoming antara/vue spinoff is a winner! i think we can all agree to that!

m