There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2018, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Default 2019 Audi E-tron

Live here, ending soon.

https://www.e-tron.audi/en/audi-e-tr...ere-live-10663

Q2 2019 deliveries, starting price $74K USD.

Quote:
The Audi e-tron is the first fully electrically powered series production model from the brand with the four rings. The company will present its sporty full-size SUV – which is suitable for everyday use – to the world for the first time in San Francisco.

Standing still or on the move, the Audi e-tron is electrifying. Its expressive sill area, the electric tailboard and the light gray Singleframe are indicators of the high-voltage technology that makes for a special driving experience. The electric SUV is powered by two powerful electric motors that are locally CO2-neutral and virtually silent. A new generation of the quattro drive, the electric all-wheel drive, ensures excellent traction and dynamics. It ensures the continuous and variable regulation of the ideal distribution of drive torques between the two axles – within a fraction of a second.

A key factor for the sporty character and outstanding transverse dynamics is the low and central position at which the battery system is installed. It gives the vehicle a range that is suitable for driving long distances. During far more than 90 percent of all decelerations, the Audi e-tron recovers energy solely via its electric motors. The electric SUV taps its maximum recuperation potential in combination with the integrated electrohydraulic brake control system. Audi is the world’s first carmaker to use such a system in an electrically powered series production vehicle. The cleverly designed aerodynamics also contribute significantly to its efficiency. One highlight of this concept are the optional virtual exterior mirrors – a worldwide first in a series production model. Not only do they reduce aerodynamic drag, they also take digitalization in the vehicle to a whole new level.

The Audi e-tron offers the spaciousness and comfort of one of the brand’s typical full-size models. Paired with high-quality materials and fine workmanship, it makes electric mobility a premium experience. This is also ensured by the comprehensive and reliable range of charging options with intelligent solutions for at home and on the go.

From navigation with the e-tron route planner, which displays the appropriate route with the required charging points, automated billing at the charging station and all the way to remote control via smartphone – the Audi e-tron is extremely well connected. It is equipped with the high-end media center MMI navigation plus including LTE Advanced and a Wi-Fi hotspot as standard. Numerous assist systems further relieve the driver. For example, the standard efficiency assist promotes an economic driving style by displaying predictive information and performing automatic recuperation. If the customer selects the adaptive cruise assist, the system can also brake and accelerate the electric SUV predictively.

The Audi e-tron rolls off the assembly line at the CO2-neutral plant in Brussels. Initial deliveries to European customers are planned for late 2018. The starting price of the electric SUV in Germany is 79,900 euros.

Last edited by Ascariss; 09-18-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Basically, as with the Mercedes EQC, I don't entirely get why a stand alone EV needs to look exactly like any other corporate SUV, including a big (fake) grille and air inlets, and the same proportions despite no need for a large engine compartment. Yes, Audi buyers will like it, but so they would a Q5 e-Tron;

Inside, the design looks certainly more VW (Tiguan) than Audi, even if certainly materials are better. But I can't help to think that those mirror displays, whilst neatly integrated, are in the worst position usability wise so far, likely blocked by your left arm entirely. And as I said in the Lexus thread, an answer to a question nobody asked.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:17 PM
CSS Veteran

I wonder this as well, if you compare it to the Q8 they look pretty much identical in profile:

The size comparison makes it even more appearant that it is only slightly shrunk in all dimensions:

Q8: 4,99 x 2,00 x 1,71m - 3,00m wheelbase
e-Tron: 4,90 x 1,94 x 1,62m - 2,92m wheelbase

Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

I kind of like both cars, I think I would prefer the Q8 as PHEV (if there would be any such option) if I would have to choose.

Last edited by disap.ed; 09-18-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:36 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
I wonder this as well, if you compare it to the Q8 they look pretty much identical in profile:

The size comparison makes it even more appearant that it is only slightly shrunk in all dimensions:

Q8: 4,99 x 2,00 x 1,71m - 3,00m wheelbase
e-Tron: 4,90 x 1,94 x 1,62m - 2,92m wheelbase

Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

I kind of like both cars, I think I would prefer the Q8 as PHEV (if there would be any such option) if I would have to choose.
I didn't realize how big this is, I really thought it is more Q5 sized; IN this case, this would have really made sense as a Q6 or new Q7 (few would miss the design of the currnet model), and this as the EV variant;
Old 09-18-2018, 01:07 PM
Raconteur

It's OK looking. The face is a bit garish, but overall and solid B+.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:02 PM
CSS Veteran

Is it just me, or is this thing a dead ringer for the VW Cross Sport?
Old 09-18-2018, 05:11 PM

They definitely did the side view screens better than Lexus

Last edited by ndjan; 09-18-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndjan View Post
Again, had Lexus made it a standard thing across all variants of the ES (like Audi is with the E-Tron), they probably would've done it similarly.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Basically, as with the Mercedes EQC, I don't entirely get why a stand alone EV needs to look exactly like any other corporate SUV, including a big (fake) grille and air inlets, and the same proportions despite no need for a large engine compartment. Yes, Audi buyers will like it, but so they would a Q5 e-Tron;

Inside, the design looks certainly more VW (Tiguan) than Audi, even if certainly materials are better. But I can't help to think that those mirror displays, whilst neatly integrated, are in the worst position usability wise so far, likely blocked by your left arm entirely. And as I said in the Lexus thread, an answer to a question nobody asked.
agreed and could have probably charged more had they just called it Q8e or something.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:54 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndjan View Post
They're better integrated, yes. I think the Lexus placement is better b/c you don't have to "drop" your eyes to see the screens.