Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2017, 06:05 PM
CSS Oldtimer

We aren't sure that Ford is discontinuing the Fiesta; if it keeps going however it'll likely be a stepped-up version of whatever Latin America gets. I'm predicting a total body refresh of the current car, made in Mexico or Brazil.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I am speaking ONLY about the NA market. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE here cares about ANY market other than the one he's in and knows directly. For anyone to pretend otherwise would be disingenuous.
American pride.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
We aren't sure that Ford is discontinuing the Fiesta; if it keeps going however it'll likely be a stepped-up version of whatever Latin America gets. I'm predicting a total body refresh of the current car, made in Mexico or Brazil.
It's possible. I think it's more likely they'll just drop it, and at any rate I just don't see the point of railing against a "lightly refreshed" Fiesta that hasn't happened yet.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:22 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
It's possible. I think it's more likely they'll just drop it, and at any rate I just don't see the point of railing against a "lightly refreshed" Fiesta that hasn't happened yet.
I'm confused. What hasn't happened yet? The new Fiesta is nearly on sale in Europe, it is the refresh/redesign swizzle is talking about even though its got an all-new exterior and interior.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 12-11-2017, 02:45 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Speak for yourself.

And when you keep mentioning a “minor restyling” for the Fiesta, what are you talking about? If you’re not talking about the European Fiesta, because nothing outside America exists as far as you’re concerned, are you referring to the 2014 facelift? That’s the last time the Fiesta received any changes in the US. All indications are that Ford is going to discontinue the Fiesta in the US, which I’ve already mentioned.
I did speak for my self and always have. And you speak ONLY for yourself. Everyone here speaks for himself. To accuse someone of speaking for himself is to state the obvious. Everyone here speaks from opinion and that's as it should be.

As CosworthKid confirmed, Ford just introduced a "new" Fiesta which carries over the entire old car with a re-skinning. The tail is no longer hideous. The face is barely changed. The new Fiesta is a mild restyle of the 2014 which itself was just a mild restyling.

The biggest "indicator that the Fiesta is dead in the USA is Ford SAYING SO.

Last edited by swizzle; 12-11-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:11 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
I did speak for my self and always have. And you speak ONLY for yourself. Everyone here speaks for himself. To accuse someone of speaking for himself is to state the obvious. Everyone here speaks from opinion and that's as it should be.

As CosworthKid confirmed, Ford just introduced a "new" Fiesta which carries over the entire old car with a re-skinning. The tail is no longer hideous. The face is barely changed. The new Fiesta is a mild restyle of the 2014 which itself was just a mild restyling.

The biggest "indicator that the Fiesta is dead in the USA is Ford SAYING SO.
So you are talking about the European Fiesta then? But I thought -

Quote:
NO ONE and I mean NO ONE here cares about ANY market other than the one he's in and knows directly. For anyone to pretend otherwise would be disingenuous.
Oh nevermind

Last edited by SV; 12-11-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:50 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
I'm confused. What hasn't happened yet? The new Fiesta is nearly on sale in Europe, it is the refresh/redesign swizzle is talking about even though its got an all-new exterior and interior.
Well no because when I asked the same question he clarified that OBVIOUSLY everyone is ONLY talking about their OWN market and not OTHER ones because WHO cares about ANYPLACE other than where they LIVE? Only LIARS. Sad!
Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Well, the Latin American FIesta just reveived this facelift, mostly a new front end mirroring the new European model, and Sync 3 inside (though mostly with the old dash around it;

https://www.ford.com.br/carros/new-fiesta-hatch/

I guess that would be the cheap way for Ford in the US, if they decide to keep the fiesta on offer. just like they did with the Mk. 1 focus, outliving 2 international generations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
The new Fiesta in Europe (btwl on sale for quite some month, and outselling everything in its segment) is occasionally referred to as a refresh, as it uses an slightly updated version of the old platform, eve though body, interior and most engines are new. Pretty usual to keep a platform around for 2 generations nowadays (the Skoda Fabia, e.g., is in it#s 3rd generation on the same platform), especially with small cars that have a small margin to recoup development costs...
Old 12-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
So you are talking about the European Fiesta then?...
Lordy! Either you're unable to follow the path of the conversation or pretending to be confused for "sport". I suspect you're just trying to stir the pot out of a sense of mean-spiritedness. I don't know which is worse. The Fiesta was replaced with a re-skinned version of the car dating way back to 2008 when it was a mildly updated version of the previous car. The Fiesta is ancient underneath. The "all new" (all old) Fiesta is not coming to the USA.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
I suspect you're just trying to stir the pot out of a sense of mean-spiritedness.
LOL, projection much?

You said Ford was "conceding" the B-segment by giving the Fiesta a "minor nip/tuck", I asked for clarification (because the European Fiesta is not a concession or a minor change), you said that you were ONLY talking about the NA market OBVIOUSLY, so it sounded like you were under the impression Ford was giving the US Fiesta some minor changes instead of the redesign it's getting in Europe, or you thought we were getting the redesigned Fiesta, neither of which is the case.

I suspect you'll write another obfuscating and needlessly combative reply but you shouldn't bother, I'm done.

Last edited by SV; 12-11-2017 at 04:06 PM.