CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #221  
Old 12-10-2017, 06:05 PM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,689
Default

We aren't sure that Ford is discontinuing the Fiesta; if it keeps going however it'll likely be a stepped-up version of whatever Latin America gets. I'm predicting a total body refresh of the current car, made in Mexico or Brazil.
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I am speaking ONLY about the NA market. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE here cares about ANY market other than the one he's in and knows directly. For anyone to pretend otherwise would be disingenuous.
American pride.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 12-10-2017, 08:54 PM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
We aren't sure that Ford is discontinuing the Fiesta; if it keeps going however it'll likely be a stepped-up version of whatever Latin America gets. I'm predicting a total body refresh of the current car, made in Mexico or Brazil.
It's possible. I think it's more likely they'll just drop it, and at any rate I just don't see the point of railing against a "lightly refreshed" Fiesta that hasn't happened yet.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 12-10-2017, 11:22 PM
CosworthKid's Avatar
CosworthKid CosworthKid is offline
CSS Ford Psychopath
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
It's possible. I think it's more likely they'll just drop it, and at any rate I just don't see the point of railing against a "lightly refreshed" Fiesta that hasn't happened yet.
I'm confused. What hasn't happened yet? The new Fiesta is nearly on sale in Europe, it is the refresh/redesign swizzle is talking about even though its got an all-new exterior and interior.
__________________

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 12-11-2017, 02:45 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
Speak for yourself.

And when you keep mentioning a “minor restyling” for the Fiesta, what are you talking about? If you’re not talking about the European Fiesta, because nothing outside America exists as far as you’re concerned, are you referring to the 2014 facelift? That’s the last time the Fiesta received any changes in the US. All indications are that Ford is going to discontinue the Fiesta in the US, which I’ve already mentioned.
I did speak for my self and always have. And you speak ONLY for yourself. Everyone here speaks for himself. To accuse someone of speaking for himself is to state the obvious. Everyone here speaks from opinion and that's as it should be.

As CosworthKid confirmed, Ford just introduced a "new" Fiesta which carries over the entire old car with a re-skinning. The tail is no longer hideous. The face is barely changed. The new Fiesta is a mild restyle of the 2014 which itself was just a mild restyling.

The biggest "indicator that the Fiesta is dead in the USA is Ford SAYING SO.

Last edited by swizzle; 12-11-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 12-11-2017, 04:11 AM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I did speak for my self and always have. And you speak ONLY for yourself. Everyone here speaks for himself. To accuse someone of speaking for himself is to state the obvious. Everyone here speaks from opinion and that's as it should be.

As CosworthKid confirmed, Ford just introduced a "new" Fiesta which carries over the entire old car with a re-skinning. The tail is no longer hideous. The face is barely changed. The new Fiesta is a mild restyle of the 2014 which itself was just a mild restyling.

The biggest "indicator that the Fiesta is dead in the USA is Ford SAYING SO.
So you are talking about the European Fiesta then? But I thought -

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
NO ONE and I mean NO ONE here cares about ANY market other than the one he's in and knows directly. For anyone to pretend otherwise would be disingenuous.
Oh nevermind

Last edited by SV; 12-11-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 12-11-2017, 04:50 AM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
I'm confused. What hasn't happened yet? The new Fiesta is nearly on sale in Europe, it is the refresh/redesign swizzle is talking about even though its got an all-new exterior and interior.
Well no because when I asked the same question he clarified that OBVIOUSLY everyone is ONLY talking about their OWN market and not OTHER ones because WHO cares about ANYPLACE other than where they LIVE? Only LIARS. Sad!
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
We aren't sure that Ford is discontinuing the Fiesta; if it keeps going however it'll likely be a stepped-up version of whatever Latin America gets. I'm predicting a total body refresh of the current car, made in Mexico or Brazil.
Well, the Latin American FIesta just reveived this facelift, mostly a new front end mirroring the new European model, and Sync 3 inside (though mostly with the old dash around it;



https://www.ford.com.br/carros/new-fiesta-hatch/

I guess that would be the cheap way for Ford in the US, if they decide to keep the fiesta on offer. just like they did with the Mk. 1 focus, outliving 2 international generations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
I'm confused. What hasn't happened yet? The new Fiesta is nearly on sale in Europe, it is the refresh/redesign swizzle is talking about even though its got an all-new exterior and interior.
The new Fiesta in Europe (btwl on sale for quite some month, and outselling everything in its segment) is occasionally referred to as a refresh, as it uses an slightly updated version of the old platform, eve though body, interior and most engines are new. Pretty usual to keep a platform around for 2 generations nowadays (the Skoda Fabia, e.g., is in it#s 3rd generation on the same platform), especially with small cars that have a small margin to recoup development costs...
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 12-11-2017, 02:23 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
So you are talking about the European Fiesta then?...
Lordy! Either you're unable to follow the path of the conversation or pretending to be confused for "sport". I suspect you're just trying to stir the pot out of a sense of mean-spiritedness. I don't know which is worse. The Fiesta was replaced with a re-skinned version of the car dating way back to 2008 when it was a mildly updated version of the previous car. The Fiesta is ancient underneath. The "all new" (all old) Fiesta is not coming to the USA.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 12-11-2017, 04:01 PM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I suspect you're just trying to stir the pot out of a sense of mean-spiritedness.
LOL, projection much?

You said Ford was "conceding" the B-segment by giving the Fiesta a "minor nip/tuck", I asked for clarification (because the European Fiesta is not a concession or a minor change), you said that you were ONLY talking about the NA market OBVIOUSLY, so it sounded like you were under the impression Ford was giving the US Fiesta some minor changes instead of the redesign it's getting in Europe, or you thought we were getting the redesigned Fiesta, neither of which is the case.

I suspect you'll write another obfuscating and needlessly combative reply but you shouldn't bother, I'm done.

Last edited by SV; 12-11-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy