Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2008, 11:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Hey lewisl, they are pretty mad. Know a few people with a few of them. However be weary that they are not as well built as they are made out to be (I thought they were like nails) but after driving a few I noticed that rattles do develop easy. But meh, they're awesome little cars. Was close to getting an Imprezza RX Myself (With the low range - I do plenty dirt road driving and some rough stuff at times).

In other news, I got my heart set on my next car - Mitsubishi Legnum Wagon. I cant think of anything that looks that cool.... plus AWD (rear biased) + two HOT turbos + Wagon... Awesome!

Although I might be swayed by an ageing AU Fairmont Ghia, XR6 or an Eunos...
Old 03-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Raconteur

Mitsubishi Legume...Mitsubishi Grinder...why doesn't NA get cool named Mitsus like you guys?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

lol - Legnum, not legume :p

And we dont get it either, its a grey Import... But its too cool to not do it.

Its like Mitsubishi Evolution X looks, but on a wagon, with Mitsus AWD and the two turbos. Look it up. Its an insane car!

Can pick up a 1999 for 16-20K apparently. I know you guys in the states can buy a brand new Ferrari with that sort of money, but here, thats what we pay for our cheapo econo Korean boxes, so its not too bad ;)
Old 03-18-2008, 04:35 AM

Smile

I don't remember if I posted it here but recently I bought my second car. And I'm not even on my P's yet lol! I bought a 2002 BA XT Ford Falcon for just a tad under $10,000. It's RAD!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfresa View Post

Can pick up a 1999 for 16-20K apparently. I know you guys in the states can buy a brand new Ferrari with that sort of money, but here, thats what we pay for our cheapo econo Korean boxes, so its not too bad ;)
That's one hell of a rebate! Must go get my Scaglietti now!
Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Banned

It's still a ways off, but by the end of the summer (Early September) I'll be looking to purchase an older 1992 Nissan Fairlady Z (Z32) (J-Spec) real JDM car. It'll run me back about 15,000 dollars here in Canada, and I'm looking for one with a VG30DETT!

I'm pumped for it, I hear they're a great drift car. Plus I'm sick of driving a Ford Focus or Buick Century.

Steve.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Anyone have $35,000 I can borrow?

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/...sn5227647.aspx
Old 05-23-2008, 01:39 AM
CSS Oldtimer

ok its car buying time again for my family. the lease for our cx-7 is up the first weekend in september and we can get out new car anytime between now and then. We've been getting various offers in the mail from many different car dealers to end our lease early to go into one of theirs.

Anyways my dad was gonna buy the cx-7 out after the lease because he likes it a lot and has had no problems whatsoever with it until this week... its in the shop because something with the turbo broke so they need it for a few days to fix it...

Anyways my dad wants to lease another car and this is the critera:

Max lease price: high $300's per month
Down Payment: As less as possible (unless the dealer throws money in with incentives he can only afford to put about $1,000 down of his own money)
Type of Car: he wants something decent on fuel, that basically only means no v8's, but something fuel efficientish would be good
Has to be FWD or 4WD of AWD
Any body style is fine (sedan, SUV, etc)
Needs Sirius Satellite radio lol
He wants something 'sporty', was also thinking about getting a pickup truck, his friend just got a new tacoma which he thinks is nice
he wants to stray away from anything too premium (i.e. mercedes b/c of insurance prices, entry level premium cars like cadillac would be fine, or if he found a good deal on the infiniti g35x he would consider that)

thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Old 05-23-2008, 03:21 AM
CSS Oldtimer

i've posted here before about my search for a car to replace my '97 QX4 (nice-looking car but atrocious gas mileage and i want something smaller and more nimble), as of now i've narrowed it down to 2 choices:

-2004 mazda3s hatch (though i'd go for any auto trans 3 if i couldn't get the hatch, which is a possibility), $11.5k
-2003 mazda6i sedan, $10-11k

overall i prefer the 3; i'm about even on the styling of the two, but i'd like a hatch (and it's impossible to find the 6 hatch), and the 3 handles better and gets better fuel economy. i found an awesome red 3s hatch for $11.5k (and since i decided a while back that a mazda3 hatch in red would just about be my ideal car, i'm lusting for it), and, if it's still available a month from now (probably won't be but i can hope) i'm gonna go for it. it's $1,500 out of my personal limit, but since i'm getting a job this summer and probably during the next school year i think i can pay it off in time. i saw a couple of nice 6s too, and they're generally slightly cheaper too, but i've heard better things about the 3 and i have reservations about the 6's reliability.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

steve so your dad wants a semi-cheap, non RWD, sporty, efficient, car with Sirius...

well your first step should just be eliminating all cars that dont offer sirius and go from there.

so basically, here are your choices: http://www.sirius.com/getsirius/stor...odealerlocator

is a 128i too much money. i know its RWD but thats like the only thing about it that doesnt meet its criteria. i just built one reallt quick and if you put 5k down for 24 months it comes in at a little over 400, but i clicked random options for it and you might choose differently in a way that it wouldnt come out to 36k like mine did.

No - against the wall

Last edited by against the wall; 05-23-2008 at 04:06 AM.