Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2017, 02:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It seems to me that Suzukis, while being undisputedly ugly and cheap, take too much punishment on this site. It's extremely hard to offer more for less, in terms of value they are top notch.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
It seems to me that Suzukis, while being undisputedly ugly and cheap, take too much punishment on this site. It's extremely hard to offer more for less, in terms of value they are top notch.
I kind of agree, although I'd exclude the Swift from "ugly and cheap". The Swift is IMO a great package, the weight is phenomenal, and it's good to drive. I also like the Ignis, especially for it's quirky styling (remeber, I always like small cars that look fun) and it's simple, hoenst, down to earth character.

To me, the "problem cars" are the Baleno (why would I choose it over the Swift?) and the dull Sx4, that is nearly the same size and segment as the Vitara, that could look fun if the general deign language in detail was executed better; In my eyes, a major problem of the Vitara is that it is expensive for what it offers as soon as you start with any options, and that most markets in Europe get mostly a NA 1.6 petrol engine, unlike the older and cheaper SX4 which gets the more modern booster Jet turbo (which is in the Swift as well). I never really understood why they didn't make the Vitara a proper Tiguan/kuga etc. sized CUV....
Old 07-27-2017, 03:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
It does look crook and the drive is apparently pretty ordinary. Yet it seems to sell alright here in AUS; it's cheap and a SUV, which is enough for too many it seems...
Most of the reviews I've read comment how enjoyable it is to drive....
Old 07-27-2017, 09:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman View Post
Most of the reviews I've read comment how enjoyable it is to drive....
My work has two of these (that I know) in their fleet of vehicles, and a mate has driven one of them, who thought it drove pretty ordinarily. Admittedly, he loathes SUVs of any description. Maybe I should test drive it in future before passing judgement LOL.

In any event, the reviews of it I've read say it's fine by SUV standards, although I've also read a few comparison tests of it that suggest there are better alternatives in this segment.