Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
LOL!!!! That definitely made my day
Cuando digo la verdad, digo la verdad.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Cuando digo la verdad, digo la verdad.
No better than the other forum member predicting another financial crisis.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:37 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
No better than the other forum member predicting another financial crisis.
SHHHHHH. That other forum member is going to hear you and start talking about it again.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

WOW. This is just embarrassingly terrible.

"For instance, while there is a tradition stalk for turning the windshield wipers on and off, the only way to change their speed is by going into a submenu in the infotainment system. This is where the driver will have to search for other vehicle functions, such as the defroster, air conditioning, seat heaters, and stereo.

For now, listening to music inside the Tesla Model 3 is tricky. As TheDrive notes, there's no FM/AM radio, CD player, and the car doesn’t support music streaming, be it from a smartphone connected to the infotainment, or a flash drive inserted into one of the four USB ports that come with the premium package. However, Tesla said that features like FM radio and Bluetooth streaming will be activated with an over-the-air update in the near future.

Tesla's cars purchased in North America don't offer access to Spotify either, so the only option remaining is to use free and paid subscriptions to Slacker Radio. Selecting the second variant could cost you upwards of $10 each month, and this service has roughly a quarter of the library size of Spotify.

Moreover, it uses cellular data connection, which comes free for the first four years, so coverage might not be that good in various places. Additionally, it's unknown what happens when the free subscription ends, if owners will have to pay for it, or if Tesla will somehow expand the offering."

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/you...to-adjust.html
Old 09-28-2017, 07:38 AM
CSS Oldtimer

It does indeed seem that Tesla wanted to reinvent car controls with the Model 3. Why on earth hide basic functions in sub menus, and a such high tech car that can't listen to music from your smart phone or connect to Spotify is plainly stupid, the absence of a FM radio is just the icing on the cake really.

Generally, the "hide everything in sub menus of touchscreens" trend seems to be based on the preferences of reviewers, who seem to hate everything that looks like a proper button or switch (let alone one that indicates if it is in on or off position), but customers seem to have a different opinion:

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/jd-...-says-bmw.html

The oh so loved by reviewers iDrive and MMI systems were a major point for German premium salons to drop to the end of the list, as they seem to be frustrating to use for many customers. But hey, no tons of switchgear, that every YouTube reviewer loves to rant on about.

I think many customers actually like to control major functions by a finger tip, and whilst most welcome assist systems that regulate stuff for you, most also like a relatively easy way to override such systems on demand; A wiper speed that requires a lot of sub menus is just one example of how to frustrate an average user
Old 09-28-2017, 10:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Lots of controls like the cockpit of a space shuttle, fighter jet or racecar! I've never had such a car .
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:37 PM

This whole "style over substance" philosophy is an annoying fad when it comes to electronic devices, so when it's applied to a car, it's just idiotic. I'm just wondering if making fewer interior bits is a cost-saving feature or just a dumb philosophy.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
It does indeed seem that Tesla wanted to reinvent car controls with the Model 3. Why on earth hide basic functions in sub menus, and a such high tech car that can't listen to music from your smart phone or connect to Spotify is plainly stupid, the absence of a FM radio is just the icing on the cake really.

Generally, the "hide everything in sub menus of touchscreens" trend seems to be based on the preferences of reviewers, who seem to hate everything that looks like a proper button or switch (let alone one that indicates if it is in on or off position), but customers seem to have a different opinion:

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/jd-...-says-bmw.html

The oh so loved by reviewers iDrive and MMI systems were a major point for German premium salons to drop to the end of the list, as they seem to be frustrating to use for many customers. But hey, no tons of switchgear, that every YouTube reviewer loves to rant on about.

I think many customers actually like to control major functions by a finger tip, and whilst most welcome assist systems that regulate stuff for you, most also like a relatively easy way to override such systems on demand; A wiper speed that requires a lot of sub menus is just one example of how to frustrate an average user
Most of this stuff (streaming of music / FM / etc) is coming via a SW update; remember - these cars are still w/ employees - so not the consumer.

Stuff like the windshield wipers - I got nothing. Just plain weird. Who knows - maybe it's some auto sensing thing so it's a non-issue. Or, maybe when they're turned on by the touchscreen the speed can be controlled by the wheel nobs.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

in fairness, i don't think I've touched the windshield wiper speed adjustment once since i got my car, as the auto wipers do a fine job. as computers take over functions, keeping their manual controls in plain sight is bad ergonomics. however, i think Mercedes has done one of the better jobs in eliminating buttons but keeping most of what's necessary. anything beyond that is clearly cost or style over function as others have noted. I assume the radio issue will be resolved before cars are released to actual consumers