Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: 2008 Lexus LX 570 (spwolf)

Quote, originally posted by spwolf »

You want them to develop completly new vehicle for 10,000 sales per year? Thats funny...

Oh for God's sake. Will every opinion anyone ever have about Toyota always be "Funny" to you?

As far as i'm concerned, I dont have an issue with Lexus using the LC100 platform, but the LC100 in base spec competes against Nissan Patrols, whilst the Lexus competes against Range Rovers and MB GL's. Is it "Funny" That Bolita mentions that using the same body is a bit disappointing?

"Funny guy".

Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: 2008 Lexus LX 570 (Superfresa)

Quote, originally posted by Superfresa »

Oh for God's sake. Will every opinion anyone ever have about Toyota always be "Funny" to you?

As far as i'm concerned, I dont have an issue with Lexus using the LC100 platform, but the LC100 in base spec competes against Nissan Patrols, whilst the Lexus competes against Range Rovers and MB GL's. Is it "Funny" That Bolita mentions that using the same body is a bit disappointing?

"Funny guy".

That was precisely my point...

Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 AM

You can really see the family genes between this and the Rav4, especially from the side.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Default Re: (karo.ambrose)

It looks appallingly dated in every aspect. Even the face--which looks clean and cutting edge on the LS--looks as generic as anything I've ever seen. The amorphous side treatment is just confusing and, combined with the way the lights bump out at the rear, makes this car totally ungainly from this angle. I understand the need to keep this a "real" SUV (i.e. maintain the rather upright proportions), but lord, the DLO looks practically unchanged! Toyota designers have really been phoning it in, lately. Either that or they're so smitten with their success that they feel they don't need to try anymore. Which is upsetting, since they still gain sales.

I think I can sum it up best with a simple comparison: this vs. the Range Rover? GL? Hell, even the Escalade? The LX is plain vanilla next to all of them.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default Re: (DoMiNo)

it has that same bulbously slabby look of the highlander, but squared off. eventually all toyota SUVs will look the same.

No - against the wall
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 AM

I agree. Grafting what looks like the LS's nose onto the LX is dumb.
While the Range Rover exudes rugged luxury, this does nothing.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 AM

Like it or loathe it, one thing that can be said about the current generation LX is that it's four-lamp nose offers some distinction. it appears they have completely neutered the vehicle...while it wouldn;t have solved everything, they could have at least kept the front end somewhat unique (not unlike the GS, which managed to retain it despite its relatively recent redo). Disappointing.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

Just horrible. This is the worst looking full size luxury SUV on the market. I thought the latest Navigator refresh couldn't be topped. But this...oh it hurts my eyes.

Thankfully since it is a Lexus - it will probably have a very nice interior. But I would be embarrassed to be seen in this.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

is it going to park by itself too? I would love to see that..judging by its size
Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Personally, I like it, but it appears that I am in the minority. I never thought the previous generation was anything special, but I am willing to be that this unique look will have a good bit to offer on the inside.