Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Default 2010 Jaguar XJ

As mentioned in the spy shots thread NetCarShow have broken the embargo and released 2010 Jaguar XJ photographs.

pic hosted on http://www.autoweek.nl/images/800/2/...2907bdf6c2.jpg Dutch site.

Last edited by the1; 07-09-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

after all the hype around it, this is a huge let down. Front is fantastic, but I can't say the same for the rear and overall length. Rear is very un-jaguar and it look way too long losing all the proportion.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 PM

As has been said above, the front is gorgeous, however the rear is a bit odd looking and doesn't look as good as I had imagined from the birds eye shot. It's very good, but not spectacular.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

I can't believe after keeping such a tight leash on leaks Jag's launch was ruined by netcarshow. LOL!

The car looks amazing but (and it's a big but) I don't like the rear end and that kind of spoils it for me, especially after all the anticipation. I was expecting it to be perfect. At least the front end and especially the headlights are perfect and the profile is really cool and sleek. Even the rear is a disappointment for me, I love the rest!

LE: BTW, is it just me or that is the LWB? Maybe the short XJ will look even better.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 PM

The images appear to have been taken down..
Old 07-08-2009, 06:13 PM

too quick Moorhouse!

I Just spoke to my Jag dealer who has seen the car in the flesh and it's a chop. He say it is very very close, almost identical to the real thing but there are a few details that aren't right. The biggest thing being that the rear lights are wrong, they go up the boot too far and have been elongated.

But his reaction thereafter was "well done, where did you find these and what do you think of the front?"
Old 07-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Veteran Member

The only part of it I really don't like is the ridiculously contrived and silly looking blacked out D-pillar? What possible reason could they have for painting it black, especially when it buts up against the chrome surround for the rear quarterlight?

I'm not exactly mad about the styling of the rest of the rear end, as I think the boot deck is too short and droopy, while the rear overhang is too long, but I do actually really like the taillight design. They're far more interesting to look at than an XF/Aston Martin inspired retread would be. I know they won't be to everyone's taste, but I think they're nice.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Naughty NetCarShow, but who cares!

I was told I would love or hate the design but it's just not all that amazing!

The front end is nicely executed and is a dead ringer for the C-XF which is fantastic. The side is also nice but I don't know if I would say it were amazing. The black pillar looks a bit like an after thought and doesn't really sit well. I think it may well look better in the colour of the rest of the body.

The rear is quite disappointing. Both the XK and XF have far better executed rear ends in my opinion. The rear lights are okay but the problem lies with the bootlid and bumper. if only the numberplate were lifted onto the boot the car would look far better. What other car on sale at the moment has the numberplate so low? I don't know if I can think of one.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

The embargo finally broke, and at one day to go!! So far, very beautiful, and I believe that shot is the SWB.
I can't wait to see more, and some live shots, too, as well as the interior!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Administrator

well one thought

the hell happened with that rear pillar? it cannot be black, it has to be body coloured, and one more thought, the license plate needs to be on the bootlid!

lol ya images are gone now. rest assured the rear is a letdown

Last edited by Ascariss; 07-08-2009 at 06:21 PM.