Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

I think my problem is when comparing this to the concept. And again i like to point out the fact that is is only named a Prius in western markets (or mostly). IMO they could have just offered this model in ASEAN markets and give us something that looks a lot closer to the concept and THEN call it a Prius. Otherwise it's just another Toyota compact car with hybrid tech. I mean allToyota cars will come as hybrids soon, that's the company's goal. And we already got models such as the Auris available as a hybrid since months. So what makes this so special? The fact that it only comes as a hybrid?

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-16-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBsam View Post
That doesn't make it not dull though. If anything that just shows domestic market brand loyalty.

Also, Renault would never make something so non-design driven. This a transportation appliance.

Or rather it may also be due to consumers prioritising qualities and features of a vehicle other than its looks?

If "domestic brand loyalty" was "just" the reason for the strong sales of Toyota, Honda et al, those companies wouldn't have a strong presence in markets outside of Japan.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Other than the rear, I like the design. It's not cutting edge, but it's a clean, crisp look both inside and out.

Like some others have pointed out, the price will probably make or break this vehicle given the other competitive offerings in the market.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
I think my problem is when comparing this to the concept. And again i like to point out the fact that is is only named a Prius in western markets (or mostly). IMO they could have just offered this model in ASEAN markets and give us something that looks a lot closer to the concept and THEN call it a Prius. Otherwise it's just another Toyota compact car with hybrid tech. I mean allToyota cars will come as hybrids soon, that's the company's goal. And we already got models such as the Auris available as a hybrid since months. So what makes this so special? The fact that it only comes as a hybrid?
I thought Europe was getting the Yaris HSD instead of this.

Although then again, you guys get both the Prius and the Auris HSD, which is just ridiculously redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
The BMW just looks like a BMW should, they have a very characteristic design, and the new interior fixed all what was basically wrong with the old car. This goes for evolutionarry designs like Audis, Golf, but also Nissan Z series, Mazda MX-5, Yaris Mk. II, current Suzuki Swift.... The main differnece is, that if nothing is wrong with the old car (for most people), it doesn't need revolution stylewise.
The 3-series' redesign isn't even evolutionary at all. From a glance of the exterior, it's literally the same car with a new nose and revised taillamps. I'm not saying it needs a revolution style-wise, but your entire statement backs my point. It's just enthusiasts pulling a justification for brands that enthusiasts have more preference towards.

It's not like the Civic was ever a styling icon, either, so that statement doesn't really stand.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:37 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
I thought Europe was getting the Yaris HSD instead of this.

Although then again, you guys get both the Prius and the Auris HSD, which is just ridiculously redundant.

Not really redundant, the Auris better serves those who dislike the Prius's distinct looks and want something more compact, a hatch back, which also feels more sporty inside.
I didn't know we where getting the Yaris instead of this...i doubt it though, probably getting both which yes, in this case the Yaris HSD is silly

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member

Overall the car is nice, except the tail lamps that are too big and ugly.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Hard not to like it after seeing this video.

Especially since it does the loop-de-loop and all.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBsam View Post
That doesn't make it not dull though. If anything that just shows domestic market brand loyalty.

Also, Renault would never make something so non-design driven. This a transportation appliance.
It's just nonsense to say that the cars are being massively popular just due to "brand loyalty".
I'm sure the Japanese consumers are smarter than you think.

And you think Aqua is a transportation appliance not because it looks this way, but because it's a Toyota.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

TMS
http://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/...01_494868.html

Old 12-02-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haji View Post
It's just nonsense to say that the cars are being massively popular just due to "brand loyalty".
I'm sure the Japanese consumers are smarter than you think.

And you think Aqua is a transportation appliance not because it looks this way, but because it's a Toyota.
Why would that at all be nonsense? Brand loyalty is HUGE. It's what marketing is basically all about.

Also, I think the Aqua is a transportation appliance because that is exactly what it is designed and engineered to be. Not sure what your arguement is there...

Last edited by MBsam; 12-02-2011 at 12:57 AM.