Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2017, 10:28 PM
The Lurker

That looks fantastic. Blows the new Camry out of the water.

The shape and stance are excellent and contrary to others, I think the detailing is great. Far better than on the Civic. The body lines are crisp and simple. The DLO and trim is tasetful and sensible. I wish the tail lights didn't have that clear insert but I like the overall shape (smoke it for the MMC). I love how sleek the face is and I'm still in love with the more upright design this and the Civic are using. I still want to black out the chrome though...

I do wish Honda played with some detailing inside that grille though. It's a bit of a black hole now. Sort of Charger-esque.

Interior is another big leap forward.

Honda won't be losing any sleep with this now. The Camry is competitive, but not nearly as handsome. Maybe with the dropped coupe (RIP), Acura will pick up something special... Doubtful...
Old 07-15-2017, 12:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Concent being granted, that front end is one pussy that I wont grab.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Sorry, people actually like the face of this thing? Really really?

I think the face is titanic move to awful. The side is ok (see some CLS in it)... I actually like the tail and interior though. But I just could never buy this based upon the face alone.

Also... WHY do they need it to be larger?? The thing must be the size of a 300 by now...
Old 07-15-2017, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Also... WHY do they need it to be larger?? The thing must be the size of a 300 by now...
It's not larger (at least, not larger than the current U.S. Accord). It's maybe 0.6 inches shorter. Wheelbase has grown, though (yay), as has width (boo).
Old 07-15-2017, 03:33 AM
The Lurker

Quote:

I think the face is titanic move to awful. The side is ok (see some CLS in it)... I actually like the tail and interior though. But I just could never buy this based upon the face alone.

What is not to like about it? I mean, I guess I criticized it in my comment earlier, but I don't see anything poorly done about it. It's so much more cohesive and handsome than the outgoing model (not necessarily saying a lot as the 9th gen was handsome as is). Mercedes has been doing similar sculpting with their front end profiles and I think it's great. Long hood, upright grille. Looks sexy to me.

Also as someone else pointed out, it's not longer. It's shorter. The wheelbase is longer, but overall dimensions are shorter in addition to be lighter.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:40 AM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:

I really don't see anything out of the ordinary with the face? It's pretty well constrained yet classy (for a Honda) compared to the face of the Civic and CR-V in my opinion.

The tail is an awful awkward mess in comparison, at least in my eyes. And that's just it, everyone has they're own opinion.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:16 AM
CSS Oldtimer

what bugs me is honda's recent obsession with using as many different pieces as possible to render the unnecessarily complex tail lamp shape. it looks horribly disjointed, isnt fluid at all and looks like a GM esque parts bin raid

Its annoying as all hell on the new civic

What happened to the elegance of the 90s accords or even the simple bar shapes thereafter...

For this segment I would probably get a Camry XSE just so I can rearrange those letters into SEX and call it a night. But I would probably get another Tacoma TuRD.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:37 AM
Veteran Member

I don't like how blunt the front end is. It looks like a Civic that crashed into a wall.

Everything else I don't mind, its a bit fussy though.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:20 AM
CSS Veteran

Finally Honda gets the interior right for once, and then the car looks so ungainly on the outside. A shame, I like the brand
Old 07-15-2017, 02:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Despite some details it looks surprisingly good, but I dont get these "looks like a hatchback but isn't" cars.

The interior looks very decent, despite with quite a few Mazda hints in general.