Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Raconteur

This is Tesla's last hurrah. With Toyota's EV coming in 4 years with solid-state batteries, range and "fill up" time will be radically improved.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
This is Tesla's last hurrah. With Toyota's EV coming in 4 years with solid-state batteries, range and "fill up" time will be radically improved.
Toyota is irrelevant to tesla buyers. BMW i5 and Mercedes/Jaguar crossovers are the threat. However tesla has loyalty at this point and an image that people buy into, similar to why BMW people keep buying BMW's. Not to mention the buying process which is far superior haggling with to dealerships IMO.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
it's perfect for generation iPhone, although the lack of a stop start button sounds annoying
whether that's true or not, it can't be ergonomically superior (avoid cold weather, since gloves won't allow you do really do anything) and IMO it increases accident risk.

i still don't get how this ventilation method is superior to specific vents that can be aimed in specific directions. for example, getting in the car on a summer day or in the winter...i've always aimed the vents right at me to help cool down. here, that's not even an option.

Last edited by pjl35; 07-29-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:05 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
Toyota is irrelevant to tesla buyers...
Toyota may be irrelevant, but Lexus isn't. A well-done Lexus EV as excellent potential as does the mountain of competition coming from Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. All four companies have engineering chops that Tesla can only dream of.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
i still don't get how this ventilation method is superior to specific vents that can be aimed in specific directions. for example, getting in the car on a summer day or in the winter...i've always aimed the vents right at me to help cool down. here, that's not even an option.
Tesla doesn't exactly have a rep for sweating the functional details of, um, much of anything, so I would assume that they're NOT actually superior....
Old 07-30-2017, 07:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Tesla doesn't exactly have a rep for sweating the functional details of, um, much of anything, so I would assume that they're NOT actually superior....
Oh i'm sure they aren't, which is why this would never be on my list.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
whether that's true or not, it can't be ergonomically superior (avoid cold weather, since gloves won't allow you do really do anything) and IMO it increases accident risk.

Tesla fans will defend and accept any idea Elon say is superior.

Tesla could put a butt plug instead of seats and Tesla fans will defend it as superior because keep passengers planted to the floor during cornering.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It does look like an ergonomic disaster zone. The exterior looks meh rather than great also.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:19 PM
Raconteur

Once Toyota and Mercedes step into the ring--and they will--Tesla won't know what hit them.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:47 PM

Glad Tesla forces the others to build BEVs. ICEVs are a relic compared to today's tech. They are what film is to digital photos, what tape is to mp3.