CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Which generation are you referring to? 93-97? If that's so, that generation hardly had a horrible effect on sales...quite the opposite actually.
Which it why they replaced with a totally new model after 5 years that was bigger like the previous Accord and looked like it as well?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-24-2012, 01:30 AM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Which it why they replaced with a totally new model after 5 years that was bigger like the previous Accord and looked like it as well?
Each Accord generation is on a 5 year cycle... :nono:

93-97, 98-02, 03-07, 08-12

Considering the fact the Accord before it was only around for 4 years ('90-'93), your argument has no basis in reality. Seems more like it was doing BETTER than the previous generation if Honda switched to a 5 year life cycle with that generation.

And for the record, the '93-'97 Accord GREW in size interior-wise. Overall dimensions were down in exterior length, but it was wider and had more interior room. The smaller overhangs make it appear "smaller," but the fact that it looks smaller on the outside has NO relevance to actual interior volume in this case.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost

Last edited by pjl35; 01-24-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Each Accord generation is on a 5 year cycle...
NO More like 10 yr cycle. New design goes 5 yrs and is made "all new" and goes 5 yrs before being truly fully replaced....97 Accord case in point being still present in the 2007
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:31 AM
DoMiNo's Avatar
DoMiNo DoMiNo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Five-Oh-Five.
Posts: 11,509
Default

Huh?.......
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:56 AM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
97 Accord case in point being still present in the 2007
Which means you just negated your own argument...because the 93-97 Accord then would not have been "fully replaced" after 5 years as you originally claimed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
Huh?.......
Notice how he failed to address any of my particular points. Whatevs, swizzle. :lol:
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost

Last edited by pjl35; 01-24-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Which means you just negated your own argument...because the 93-97 Accord then would not have been "fully replaced" after 5 years as you originally claimed.




Notice how he failed to address any of my particular points. Whatevs, swizzle. :lol:
nice try the both of you...look up the word "vapid" so you will know my opinion of the both of you

I have more pertinent phone calls to take :)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM
62Lincoln 62Lincoln is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
NO More like 10 yr cycle. New design goes 5 yrs and is made "all new" and goes 5 yrs before being truly fully replaced....97 Accord case in point being still present in the 2007
Guys, what he's saying is that Honda (and Toyota) claim to introduce "all new" cars every five years when in fact they reuse most of the subsystems, and in some cases, the chassis, with very little engineering change. "All new" is supposed to mean just that - a new chassis. But Honda and Toyota do not follow that convention.

By contrast, look at VW and their 7th generation Golf chassis. That is an "all new" chassis: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02...f-mk7-mqb.html
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 PM
afterace's Avatar
afterace afterace is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Poznań, Poland
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
By contrast, look at VW and their 7th generation Golf chassis. That is an "all new" chassis: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02...f-mk7-mqb.html
Well, it's not like VW hasn't switched to 10-year chassis lifespan with their Golf...
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
Guys, what he's saying is that Honda (and Toyota) claim to introduce "all new" cars every five years when in fact they reuse most of the subsystems, and in some cases, the chassis, with very little engineering change. "All new" is supposed to mean just that - a new chassis. But Honda and Toyota do not follow that convention.

By contrast, look at VW and their 7th generation Golf chassis. That is an "all new" chassis: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02...f-mk7-mqb.html
That still doesn't help his original claim that the "small" 94-97 Accord was then completely replaced after 5 years when he goes onto say the "97 is still found in the 07"
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-06-2012, 06:14 PM
62Lincoln 62Lincoln is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterace View Post
Well, it's not like VW hasn't switched to 10-year chassis lifespan with their Golf...
Non sequitur, meet "not the point".
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy