Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Which generation are you referring to? 93-97? If that's so, that generation hardly had a horrible effect on sales...quite the opposite actually.
Which it why they replaced with a totally new model after 5 years that was bigger like the previous Accord and looked like it as well?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Which it why they replaced with a totally new model after 5 years that was bigger like the previous Accord and looked like it as well?
Each Accord generation is on a 5 year cycle... :nono:

93-97, 98-02, 03-07, 08-12

Considering the fact the Accord before it was only around for 4 years ('90-'93), your argument has no basis in reality. Seems more like it was doing BETTER than the previous generation if Honda switched to a 5 year life cycle with that generation.

And for the record, the '93-'97 Accord GREW in size interior-wise. Overall dimensions were down in exterior length, but it was wider and had more interior room. The smaller overhangs make it appear "smaller," but the fact that it looks smaller on the outside has NO relevance to actual interior volume in this case.

Last edited by pjl35; 01-24-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Each Accord generation is on a 5 year cycle...
NO More like 10 yr cycle. New design goes 5 yrs and is made "all new" and goes 5 yrs before being truly fully replaced....97 Accord case in point being still present in the 2007
Old 01-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Huh?.......

Old 01-24-2012, 04:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
97 Accord case in point being still present in the 2007
Which means you just negated your own argument...because the 93-97 Accord then would not have been "fully replaced" after 5 years as you originally claimed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
Huh?.......
Notice how he failed to address any of my particular points. Whatevs, swizzle. :lol:

Last edited by pjl35; 01-24-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Which means you just negated your own argument...because the 93-97 Accord then would not have been "fully replaced" after 5 years as you originally claimed.

Notice how he failed to address any of my particular points. Whatevs, swizzle. :lol:
nice try the both of you...look up the word "vapid" so you will know my opinion of the both of you

I have more pertinent phone calls to take :)
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
NO More like 10 yr cycle. New design goes 5 yrs and is made "all new" and goes 5 yrs before being truly fully replaced....97 Accord case in point being still present in the 2007
Guys, what he's saying is that Honda (and Toyota) claim to introduce "all new" cars every five years when in fact they reuse most of the subsystems, and in some cases, the chassis, with very little engineering change. "All new" is supposed to mean just that - a new chassis. But Honda and Toyota do not follow that convention.

By contrast, look at VW and their 7th generation Golf chassis. That is an "all new" chassis: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02...f-mk7-mqb.html
Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
By contrast, look at VW and their 7th generation Golf chassis. That is an "all new" chassis: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02...f-mk7-mqb.html
Well, it's not like VW hasn't switched to 10-year chassis lifespan with their Golf...
Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
Guys, what he's saying is that Honda (and Toyota) claim to introduce "all new" cars every five years when in fact they reuse most of the subsystems, and in some cases, the chassis, with very little engineering change. "All new" is supposed to mean just that - a new chassis. But Honda and Toyota do not follow that convention.

That still doesn't help his original claim that the "small" 94-97 Accord was then completely replaced after 5 years when he goes onto say the "97 is still found in the 07"
Old 02-06-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterace View Post
Well, it's not like VW hasn't switched to 10-year chassis lifespan with their Golf...
Non sequitur, meet "not the point".