CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Ascariss's Avatar
Ascariss Ascariss is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gdansk, Poland
Posts: 5,628
Default 2018 Mercedes Benz GLE (W167)

Testing

http://www.motor1.com/news/63537/nex...spied-testing/

Curious if any GLC cues will appear or it will have it's own distinct design, ie keeping the floating rear window in the back.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2016, 09:21 PM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default

Hopefully it is not afflicted by another unappealing or questionable looking Mercedes rear end design.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2016, 08:15 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,620
Default

Interesting, it looks actually smaller than the current car (I doubt it is, so I guess proportions are better), and visually somehow closest to the original "Jurassic Park" M-Class, as it was called back then. I actually like what I see....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2016, 03:42 PM
TdeV TdeV is offline
Crazy Composer!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,036
Default

I'm confused didn't the brand new GLE just come out?
__________________
Singer-Songwriter | Trevor de Verteuil
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2016, 03:52 PM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
I'm confused didn't the brand new GLE just come out?
It was a facelift where not that much bar the name changed. The GLE coupe was new, but probably will be replaced later (Same as with BMW, where the X4 - basically a X3 hatchback - is just on the market and the X3 already about to get replaced - well, prototypes in similar stage as the GLE)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2016, 05:46 PM
TdeV TdeV is offline
Crazy Composer!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
It was a facelift where not that much bar the name changed. The GLE coupe was new, but probably will be replaced later (Same as with BMW, where the X4 - basically a X3 hatchback - is just on the market and the X3 already about to get replaced - well, prototypes in similar stage as the GLE)
My bad I mistook the GLE for the GLC. Not getting along with the alphabet soup haha
__________________
Singer-Songwriter | Trevor de Verteuil
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:00 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,292
Default 2019 Mercedes GLE

Some first pics here. No surprise, it doesn't look all that different from the current model and has an interior which (from the little that can be seen) seems rather similar thematically to other MB models (minus the circular vents).

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...py-photos-news
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:08 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,142
Default

It will continue to be the one to beat in the segment. Mercedes is just on a roll.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:20 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
It will continue to be the one to beat in the segment. Mercedes is just on a roll.
Is the current one the one to beat? (I'm too lazy to look up sales figures) My vague recollection is that numerous reviews said that the ride was overly rolly-polly and that the steering was overly light (moreso than was necessary for comfort). It will be interesting to see if MB can make the car a bit less disconcerting in the corners while keeping it comfortable....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:50 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Is the current one the one to beat? (I'm too lazy to look up sales figures) My vague recollection is that numerous reviews said that the ride was overly rolly-polly and that the steering was overly light (moreso than was necessary for comfort). It will be interesting to see if MB can make the car a bit less disconcerting in the corners while keeping it comfortable....
It handily outsells its competition. ALL of these vehicles are rolly-polly driving unless you spring for the "AMG/M/S/RS" levels. I happen to think it's easily the best looking despite its age. The FPace is nice, but when all is said and done, its generic.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy