Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2018, 04:51 PM

Default 2020 Road Rover

The rumour about a new model from Land Rover called the Road Rover is out for quite a while:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...el-launch-2019

Now, Land Rover has registered the nameplate officially:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...oad-rover-name

According to my sources we can expect new luxury car built on the same platform as new next generation Jaguar XJ. The Road Rover will be a Shooting Brake with a slightly raised suspension similar to an Audi Allroad. I have spoken to people that have actually seen the finished design and who claim that it must be a real stunner.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:13 PM

If it's only half as good looking as the Velar, it will be a real winner. Their design language would translate beautifully into a luxury sedan or limousine, but of course, JLR wouldn't do that due to 'Muh Jaaag'...
Old 07-25-2018, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Silly name and poor renders at best.

Don't feel LR needs a sedan or shooting brake type off vehicle, I feel they should stick to SUVs and add more EV suvs.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:19 PM
Raconteur

A raised station wagon will have a very small customer base, probably even smaller than the non-existent base of the XJ.

Now if this were a big Land Rover aimed at the GMC Denali, Ford Expedition, and Jeep Wagoneer they would have a tremendous response if they were to price accordingly.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I fail to see the market position of that; The only comparable vehicle - the Mercedes R-Class (anyone remembering that? Exactly) was a huge flop, and even if nowadays market is more cross over crazy, a really large SUV (like swizzle describes it) would make more sense for the US or middle east (even if too big for Europe likely);

If anything, this would mostly step on the toes of a future Jaguar XF-pace or whatever they will call their large, more orad than off road going Cross over, and frankly, I really don't see the need to water down the LR brand by non off roaders (yes, you can buy a FWD Evoque or Disco Sport, but they are still SUVs feeling wise) when you also have Jaguar for road cars.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:24 PM
Raconteur

Not only do Land Rover and Range Rover step on each others toes, Jaguar's crossovers step on Land Rover and Range Rover too. They just keep doing the "old wine in a new bottle" type of engineering and then flood the market with more crossovers.