Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

My dad is going into Mazda next wednesday to see if they'll move the cars residual from 21000 to 16500 so that he can finance it out for 350 a month over 48 months. Otherwise he's probably going to get an '09 Mazda6 if he likes it.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:00 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

the1 i need you opinion (plzzz): between a 1.2L Fiat 500 Sport (with optional glass roof) and a Fiesta 1.4L petrol in either Zetec-S or Titanium (3-door) what would you get?

MAKE
MINE
FORD

Last edited by the1; 08-27-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

I hope you meant the 500 1.4 Sport, otherwise I'd say go for the Fiesta all the way. A Fiesta is superior to a 500 anyday. Its chassis is a few classes above, the steering is crisp and very well weighed, the suspension settings seem to be excellent (based on the Autocar's 1st impressions), while space is infinitely better. The 500's steering feel is vague, the chassis is not very sporty and it's quite cramped inside (at least in the back). It scores on design and image... but we can't say the Fiesta is bad looking or uncharismatic either, can we? :)
Old 08-26-2008, 11:48 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

I agree on all accounts yet i cannot get over the 500's charms! It looks like a car which i would not want to trade in once i buy, lol. Fiesta is awesome i know, trust me, i guess i am just getting impatient. They will probably start selling the Fiesta here by November and not knowing which versions they will have on offer makes me go mad! On the other hand the 500 is in showrooms yet there is a waiting list for the car so either way its nerve wrecking! At least if i could see the Fiesta up-close now i and test-drive it it would make my decision easer.
I was thinking of the 1.2 Sport for the 500 actually, as with city cars i don't think anything larger (and more expensive is worth it)..if i opted for an 1.4 Sport it would cost as much as a Focus 1.6 Zetec so no way...now if the Abarth was here that is a different story ;) Oh and for the Fiesta, delaers in Cyprus usually stick to the 1.2 and 1.4 petrol and diesel engines, so i am fearing the same will be this time around which automatically excludes the Zetec-S and probably the Titianium as well, so we will probably have to make due with a Zetec 1.4 which a bit more kit and larger wheels than the one available in the UK and other European markets. And when i go ask my Ford dealer he pretends they still don't know which versions they will bring or the pricing which is nuts!

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

The 1.2 from Fiat is terrible... avoid it! !!!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:36 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1 View Post
The 1.2 from Fiat is terrible... avoid it! !!!!!
:cry::cry: i think i am going crazy! Honestly i cannot switch off my brain from thinking about which car to get all the time, it will be my first self-bought car and i want it to be and feel special. But since i cannot afford a sports car or even an MX-5 i need to make do with the small car class, but again i want it to look and feel special:idonknow:

Just wish Ford had the same awesome configuration on their site, as on the Fiat 500 one, that would make it slightly easier to decide instead of spendings hours on google or Flickr trying to find photos of different spec Fiesta's in different colors:weird::weird::ucrazy:

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Whatever you do just don't buy the 1.2 500. Stretch as much as you can and get the 1.4 or the diesel. I drove 2 Pandas with that engine and it was awful even around town. Same for the Fiesta, avoid the 1.25.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:19 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1 View Post
Whatever you do just don't buy the 1.2 500. Stretch as much as you can and get the 1.4 or the diesel. I drove 2 Pandas with that engine and it was awful even around town. Same for the Fiesta, avoid the 1.25.
Definitely not the 1.2 for the Fiesta. I go by What Car? reviews since they have have loads of them on their website with details and stars. They have an overall rating of the 500 range with 3/5 stars but for the 1.2 Sport and Lounge they give it 4/5 stars. Still no reviews of the Fiesta yet (why so long?). Anyways cheers for the advice mate, in the end i always go back to Ford (maybe Amy Winehouse can do a tune for me?) so i will most likely go for the Fiesta, lol, and the Zetec-S or Titanium IF they are available and opt for different wheels, i dislike the ones on the Zetec-S and the Titanium ones looks more classy instead of sporty

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 08-26-2008, 02:19 PM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
:cry::cry: i think i am going crazy! Honestly i cannot switch off my brain from thinking about which car to get all the time, it will be my first self-bought car and i want it to be and feel special. But since i cannot afford a sports car or even an MX-5 i need to make do with the small car class, but again i want it to look and feel special
You could always do what I did. Take a boring car and pimp it.

My Saxo 1.4 had the VTR arches and back bumper, a Honda Civc 'feels kit' front bumper made to fit, 17" wheels, big brakes, big sounsystem and bright yellow 'mango' paintwork.

I felt very special!

------

Failing that, i'd take the 500. The Fiesta will age, whereas the 500 is a classic design that will hold its value way more than the Fiesta.

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 08-26-2008, 02:36 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Lol, thanks for the advice mate but been there done that already! Well sort of, was driving a white Mitsubishi Colt with full on Evo kit and it was really fun and cool...now its sitting idle waiting to be chucked in the recycle bin, hehe. I really really feel like getting something brand new, even if it will set me back and i will need to cut back on many things (hopefully smoking will be one of them).

MAKE
MINE
FORD