Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2015, 01:37 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
The handling of the current owners and dealers is perhaps the most critical part of their PR effort. However, I expect the owners will be forced to have the parts installed and the software overwritten, given that the cars are illegal.

I would like to see VW offer buybacks at original list price, no "current market value" BS, since CMV is garbage. I doubt they have the chestnuts to do so.
The cars are legal for the time being i.e. they are legal to drive and resell and trade in. CARB is taking no action against owners...for now.

Another solution could be to fine VW and exempt the cars from standards.

If I were FCA (or some brand without diesel passenger cars), I'd offer a trade in bonus on Darts and 200s for dumping a TDI Jettas and Passats.

Whoever winds up with the VWs will have to be compensated should be be removed from service.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

I'm wondering how Ferdinand Piech is reacting to all this, probably with an impish smile. He initially wanted to oust Winterkorn, but he failed to get support, and left the company and chair, as a result (I believe that he still owns a stake).

I feel comfortable with Porsche CEO, Matthias Müller, taking the helm, and I believe, for the time being, that he will still oversee Porsche division, which will be getting grouped with Bentley and Bugatti as a result of the reorganization. I also like what Bentley/Bugatti CEO, Wolfgang Dürheimer, is doing for the two marques, moving them forward, where, it appeared that previous CEO, Wolfgang Schreiber (who was there after Wolfgang Dürheimer was chief, and Dürheimer returned back to the past, afterward) seemed to hold things back and scale-back, killing projects, which Wolfgang Dürheimer later reinstated. It wouldn't surprise me if Wolfgang Dürheimer also got Porsche under his wing, and that may be a great thing, as Matthias Müller, moved it all forward, too. I have a feeling that Matthias Müller will do great things for all of Volkswagen AG, moving much forward.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Raconteur

They really need to put all of their engineering under "one roof". Audi designs Audis, but they rely on VW engines that VW may engineer independently--my theory--given how much premium car money VWAG has to lose, I seriously doubt Audi and Porsche would have been OK with a possible TDI scandal.

VW--like the old GM--is probably too big for its own good.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Don't think Muller has any chance or willingness to make major corporate structural changes.

Right now we're looking at fixing the problems involving not just 11 million VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi models with the cheating software, but also the financial implications from lawsuits in all continents of the world.

Odd. Porsche tried to take over VW and failed. Now the chief of Porsche is running VW as a result of circumstances, I don't think those Wendelin Wiedeking and his allies who ran Porsche during the takeover saga could ever have imagined.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:44 PM
CSS Veteran

Short overview over the recent job rotations:

CEO of Volkswagen Group: Martin Winterkorn (out) -> Matthias Müller (former CEO of Porsche)
CEO of Porsche: Matthias Müller (CEO of Volkswagen Group) -> Oliver Blume (former board member for production Porsche)
CEO of Skoda: Winfried Vahland (VW NA) -> Bernhard Maier (former Sales and Marketing Porsche)
CEO of SEAT: Jürgen Stackmann (Volkswagen Sales and Marketing) -> Luca de Meo (former Sales and Marketing Audi)
Newly created Head of Volkswagen North America: Winfried Vahland (former CEO of Skoda)
Board member sales and marketing Volkswagen: Christian Klingler (out) -> Jürgen Stackmann (former CEO of SEAT)
Board member for production Porsche ???
Board member Sales and Marketing Porsche ???
Board member Sales and Marketing Audi ???

Board members for technical development Ulrich Hackenberg (Audi), Heinz-Jakob Neußer (VW) and Wolfgang Hatz (Porsche) apparently suspended (probably at least until everything has been cleared up)
Old 09-29-2015, 09:46 PM
MERCURY: Mission2020 @FiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
The handling of the current owners and dealers is perhaps the most critical part of their PR effort. However, I expect the owners will be forced to have the parts installed and the software overwritten, given that the cars are illegal.

I would like to see VW offer buybacks at original list price, no "current market value" BS, since CMV is garbage. I doubt they have the chestnuts to do so.

..."a chop is a wish your heart makes"
Old 09-30-2015, 07:43 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
Short overview over the recent job rotations:

CEO of Volkswagen Group: Martin Winterkorn (out) -> Matthias Müller (former CEO of Porsche)
CEO of Porsche: Matthias Müller (CEO of Volkswagen Group) -> Oliver Blume (former board member for production Porsche)
CEO of Skoda: Winfried Vahland (VW NA) -> Bernhard Maier (former Sales and Marketing Porsche)
CEO of SEAT: Jürgen Stackmann (Volkswagen Sales and Marketing) -> Luca de Meo (former Sales and Marketing Audi)
Newly created Head of Volkswagen North America: Winfried Vahland (former CEO of Skoda)
Board member sales and marketing Volkswagen: Christian Klingler (out) -> Jürgen Stackmann (former CEO of SEAT)
Board member for production Porsche ???
Board member Sales and Marketing Porsche ???
Board member Sales and Marketing Audi ???

Board members for technical development Ulrich Hackenberg (Audi), Heinz-Jakob Neußer (VW) and Wolfgang Hatz (Porsche) apparently suspended (probably at least until everything has been cleared up)
Given how many people change jobs (plus the criminal charges against Winterkorn), I wonder how big this story will be in the end. However, it seems the Porsche side is getting out much stronger, kind of Ferdinand taking back control.

Given that the whole story probably goes back as far as 2007 (when Bosch warned them first time), I however doubt that swapping around people internally will really change the culture or change anything inside VW...
Old 09-30-2015, 12:13 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Given how many people change jobs (plus the criminal charges against Winterkorn), I wonder how big this story will be in the end. However, it seems the Porsche side is getting out much stronger, kind of Ferdinand taking back control.

Given that the whole story probably goes back as far as 2007 (when Bosch warned them first time), I however doubt that swapping around people internally will really change the culture or change anything inside VW...
A Porsche entity did just buy more VW shares from Suzuki http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...end-to-dispute
Old 09-30-2015, 12:26 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
A Porsche entity did just buy more VW shares from Suzuki http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...end-to-dispute
That whole share story - together with the choice of Mr. Müller - leave me with the impression that, well at least Piech would not have withheld information regarding the scandal. Clearly one side is winning in this story, and it's not those who opposed the Piech clan earlier this year....
Old 09-30-2015, 02:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It's all a very stupid and avoidable error of judgement.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2015...QjdBJk5uZT0xNQ..