Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2018, 05:16 PM
CSS Veteran

I like the door handles and the tailights. Looks like a Mazda CX-3 combined w/ a Fiat 500L. Those designs were pretty ugly on their own, so the offspring will not be a looker, IMHO.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:38 PM

I like the shark fin, the diamond themed interior and interesting quirks such as AC vents on the door panels as opposed to the dash (presumably to accentuate the visual width of the interior?). The diamond on the bottom spoke of the steering wheel is a bit naff though.

The rear end is disappointingly nondescript in this version, maybe a higher end version with more intricate LED detailing in the rear lights a la DS7 would help..

The front however, is simply ugly. Why did they give it those weirdly shaped lights that make it look cross-eyed!? Can't say the version with full LED lights looks any better.

But if there is one segment where you can experiment with questionable design, I guess it's this one. People somehow still end up lapping them up.
I've owned a DS5 for 3 years, the car still feels special in a way that is hard to describe, especially the design and the interior. Yes, I have driven more reliable, more fun and more practical cars but I always find myself back in the DS5 with a big smile. This 'specialness' is what DS should try to cultivate while still aiming at commercial viability. In many ways, I feel Peugeot and Citroen are doing that a lot better these days while DS is still struggling to find its identity.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Is that the NFC logo on the side of the B pillar?
Old 07-11-2018, 07:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Is that the NFC logo on the side of the B pillar?
Good spot, ye, looks like that; Probably some high end version that you will lock/unlock with your phone? Or a bracelet like Jaguar?
Old 07-11-2018, 10:43 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I find this disgusting.

The back is just OK, but nothing special. The side crest is stupid, it will obstruct the view from rear seats for no discernible reason...it should have been located behind the rear window if you wanted to give the DS3 looks, exactly where the black C-pillar is. The front is too bulbous on a car that is too small, the grille, the headlights, it all seems like a distorted ameba. I think it looks slightly less bad with LEDs than with halogens though.

And then there is the interior. An Ode to bad design decisions. I've always thought that squares and diamonds never worked in DS cars, but this is over the top and then twice. The vents on the doors are particularly bad. So bad, that maybe they did it so on purpose.

I have to breath fresh air...
Old 09-11-2018, 01:27 AM

Official pictures will be unveiled on thursday(press conference scheduled at 4.00pm), but DS published some latest teasers on Facebook ;)

http://www.facebook.com/DSOfficial/
Old 09-11-2018, 03:31 AM
Raconteur

The video presentation on the FB page is pure horse poop. This is a dull car pretending to cutting edge.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:10 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
. This is a dull car pretending to cutting edge.
Like about every cross over nowadays, dull cars built by marketing and not engineers, trying to sell an interesting life style instead of a product, when realistically most of these end up at pensioners because of higher hip point and mums dropping kids of at school (or dads, or whatever 2018 has to offer in between traditional parents and sexes...)
Old 09-11-2018, 11:28 AM

Thierry Metroz published interesting teasers :)

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bnkvutdl1...=metrozthierry
Old 09-11-2018, 12:54 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Like about every cross over nowadays...)
I can think of crossovers that are not dull or ugly...