currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2018, 01:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Cool Lamborghini SC18 Alston

https://drivetribe.com/p/lamborghini...S2aZCY_Zwcd2OQ
Old 11-17-2018, 02:46 AM
Raconteur

I'm beginning to wonder if Lamborghini's origami look is played out. How about a return to the simplicity of the Miura and the Islero?
Old 11-18-2018, 05:59 AM

Yes, I agree. Would be great to see them return to more organic, clean, stunning shapes and less of this tortuous over-aggressive madness.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:27 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if Lamborghini's origami look is played out. How about a return to the simplicity of the Miura and the Islero?
It is absolutely played out, but VAG shows no signs of doing anything interesting w/ every other car is makes, so I doubt any Lambo will be an exception....
Old 11-18-2018, 09:47 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
It is absolutely played out, but VAG shows no signs of doing anything interesting w/ every other car is makes, so I doubt any Lambo will be an exception....
And given how ugly the Lamborghini Uterus is, it could get worse.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:38 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Quote:
And given how ugly the Lamborghini Uterus is, it could get worse.
I fully agree; This is rather horrible, and the last special editions and the Urus are an indication of it getting even worse;
Old 11-19-2018, 03:43 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I fully agree; This is rather horrible, and the last special editions and the Urus are an indication of it getting even worse;
It's like VWAG has ZERO imagination. Marc Lichte promised a bold new look for Audi and the result was an A8 that was indistinguishable from the previous boring A8.

New Golf? Identical to the old Golf.

Why is VWAG afraid of great styling?
Old 11-19-2018, 04:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
I think that sales work with the current design (for now at least), and they are afraid of changing a winning team; But, let#s be honest, a nicer, more modern design could hardly harm sales, and with even aligning the main brands, I hear many people say "why buy an Audi A4, the Skoda/Passat looks exactly the same..", and A4 sales (e.g.) are historically weak. The more and more and identical looking CUVs are mostly cannibalizing themselves as well....

Whenever I see a new Volkswagen group product nowdays, I just think how is it possible that this company bought Italdesign a few years ago, yet there is zero input showing. And whenever I see a Mk. 1 Golf, I think how much better that looked than any current car from teh lineup (and it was a huge success because it looked fresh, think about that...)
Old 11-19-2018, 10:54 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
This echoes a bit of what mick78 wrote, but I think it's b/c it doesn't seem like great styling necessarily results in high sales. As the business becomes more competitive (and is shifting heavily away from aethestic design issue, as all car makes focus more on emissions and autonomous driving), I think all brands are scared to change what sells. And it presumably takes a lot of time to create a brand new design, rather than tweaking things.

I saw a Lambo parked on the street last night. It was very striking. I imagine it gets the owner a lot of attention. That's probably all he/she cares about. We know what Lambos look like (and think they're kind of boring, design-wise) b/c we see lots of pictures. The average person probably does not.