Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:00 PM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (bi-xenon)

Just a touch screen nav that does radio. I dont think it will be infotainment system that can store songs. It appears to be a Touch Screen DVD nav system. Maybe it will have hard drive but no details are released yet. It will have audio visual/prompts and maybe voice recognition. Hyundai is being very secretive on the info. Maybe megadeth can finish it up for me. The BH version will be the MMI clone.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:34 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (rv65)

http://bp1.blogger.com/_D52XcA...l.jpg

Quote »
Thanks to our reader, KimSH, the first spy shot uncovering the redesigned interior of the 2009 Hyundai Sonata was in our hands. The first peek at the new interior was a few months ago when we were just able to see the new vertical-slat A/C vents. Here, we have a full look at what Hyundai has for us for the facelifted Sonata. The current Sonata has been judged for a mediocre interior and Hyundai definitely listened. The new interior is more common with the Veracruz and the Santa Fe and it looks umpteen times better.

The dull steering wheel stays, but expect new electroluminescent gauges along with the new interior. A 5-speed AT will now be standard on the base models, replacing the current 4-speed gears. Engines will most likely remain as is. The exterior is set to be refreshed as well with a redesigned front fascia. A LG Navigation system will also be made optional on the range-topping Limited trim.

http://thecarblogger.blogspot.....html

Old 10-05-2007, 10:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

This was posted at H/E earlier this week:

Quote, originally posted by Hyundaiboy »
The 2009 Sonata will be available around March for Sale.

Some of the highlights include.
*Azera lookin front end
*Horsepower increase for both 4cyl and V6
*Improved fuel economy for both engines
*5 speed auto trans for 4cyl
*Blue background dashboard lights
*Improved handling and ride
*Specific sport handling for SE model
*Redone interior featuring, more storage,better finish,less plastic looking
*USB port and i-pod jack
*Exhaust tuned for performance sound

http://www.hyundaiexchange.com...rt=30 (requires registration)

The 09 Sonata should be sporting both second generation of I4 (Theta) and V6 (Lambda) engines.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 PM

I want that to all be true. I'm excited (like I am with all new Hyundai models/facelifts).

The iPod jack being the most important for me.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: (SuperGLS)

the sport tuned suspension and the exhaust tuned for performance sound should also be pretty cool...
Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Hyundai to Slow Production of Sonata

Hyundai recently announced that its Montgomery, Alabama plant will temporarily halt production of the current 2008 Sonata due to slower than expected sales.

The article goes on to say that a third vehicle is now being considered to fill the void created by the declining sales of the Sonata.

The silver lining is that sales of the Santa Fe are growing above expectations.

I think what this means is that the 'refreshed' 2009 Sonata better deliver or it could be a very long, long day for Hyundai.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to full Article: http://www.al.com/birminghamne...oll=2

Modified by x2 at 6:51 AM 10/16/2007

Old 10-16-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Hyundai to Slow Production of Sonata (x2)

I almost forgot about the Portico. Before reading the article I was thinking of a current model to be the "third vehicle".

The interior (or what we've seen of it so far) appears to be a huge improvement.

New email address! VT8919@gmail.com. Old one still works, but I use my Playstation 3 much more for internet.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Hyundai to Slow Production of Sonata (Excellerator)

Once again it goes to prove EASY PRICING does not hit the right chords with the majority of those discriminating car buyers. If the name Hyundai still suggests the less-than-flattering-image of yourself.

Issue 1: People who consider Hyundai are the most frugal people. They will keep their cars for longer than 10 years. Hyundai needs more frequent repeat Hyundai buyers. (shooting in their own foot here)

Issue 2: Currently, people who consider their social personal images mean a lot will not ever consider buying a Hyundai no matter how good it is.

Here is a senario to think about.
Two singles meet and the man suggests to her that he would buy her a nice new car if she marries him. What a nice move indeed. Would he possibly offer a Hyundai to be his precious GF's car. Oh no, not in a million years. In fact, I offered her an Honda Accord and I don't even like Hondas.

Therefore, it is not the price but it is the prestige that sells cars especially in the Sonata segment.
Once again the reality is not what Hyundai was hoping for.
The lower price is a plus but Hyundai must produce products that people can simply call them "The indulgent best." it will be a long arduous struggle if Hyundai won't lose their current business model based on the "Cheap sells" mentality.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:14 PM
CSS Veteran

If you think they are are focusing on "cheap sells", you are about 5 years behind. Catch up.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:02 PM

They're stuck half way between "cheap sells" and "indulgence best."

The Sonata: perfect car for the frugal douchebag.
Imagine it. You can feel like you're in a much larger, much more expensive, much more refined car, but still feel the joy of investing the money you saved into your Roth IRA. I can see the ads now. The Sonata is more of a faux luxury car than any of the other cars in that class. If they just tailored it a little better it could really just pass for a cheapo luxury car. Am I alone on this? Dumb friends of mine that don't know anything about cars always say it's a luxury car and ask me how I paid for it -- I'm like...uh...it was $15,000 haha