Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef211 View Post
Now we know when the P12 is going to debut, when is the FX70 going to debut, Next year?
Paris motorshow would be my guess
Old 02-03-2012, 09:36 PM
CSS Veteran

http://youtu.be/P6lZE37gBzs

New NSX video from Honda which also features the Avengers video but the car has Honda badges. Honda version has a slightly different grille.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Veteran Member

So, in fact, the Avengers car is some kind of preview of a future NSX Cabrio, as I thought. The car will surely perform nicely, but the looks department is terrible.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Veteran Member

BTW. First W205 C-Class spy pics have appeared. I know this is no supercar. But the new C-Coupe AMG can be such a beast. I think we can expect the 5.5 V8 NA in the new SLK AMG to be under the hood of the new C-Class. It should be good for 460 PS and 500 PS with the Performance Package. Thus the Black Series version could perfectly good for 540 PS.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:09 AM
CSS Veteran

The Ferrari FX70 would likely be shown at a private showing instead of a large public showing, Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo has always been a fan of showing there Special Anniversary models privately! My sources in Italy suggest the company woudl likely show it to potential customers the week of the Italian Gand Prix for Formula 1 which is slated for the week of Septemeber 7-9, and this looks like a likely choice for the company to present such a hypercar with strong ties to the Formula 1 racecar pedigree! My sources say that it would likely be shown after that at a Autoshow aroudn that time to help push the global sales of this hypercar!

As for the reveal fo the McLaren my sources suggest the company is also looking to reveal the offical hypercar at a private event also, so as nto to give much of a notice to the supercar makers in Modena such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Pagani! My sources suggest that the P12 could be shown late this year, though another source suggest we woudl see it mid-year which would likely be timed to meet the reveal schedule matching Ferrari's late year reveal at Monza during the Italian grand Prix and trumping it with a reveal at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone which is slated for July 6-8! This showing would likely happen at the McLaren Woking Headquarters, this would also tmake it so that Ferrari woudl not have time to increase performence of the FX70, and even if it does McLaren's P12 is ready for the challenge!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:23 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSONY View Post
So, in fact, the Avengers car is some kind of preview of a future NSX Cabrio, as I thought. The car will surely perform nicely, but the looks department is terrible.
The concept is slightly outdated to what they have now. Right now, the car has a few styling tweaks and changes.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:11 AM
CSS Veteran

New NSX could form the basis for a future SuperGT race car.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
According to my sources under the hood will be a reworked direct injected V-10 this engine is slated to produce about 670+ BHP and be driven through a transaxle instead of the traditional engine mounted transmission with a connector to the rear wheels! My sources are digging to findout the displacement of the engine before the reveal and are getting closer and closer to the program to try to get some number off of a development mule!
I higly doubt Viper v10 it will have direct injection. I would like to see direct injection, but i doubt we will see direct injection in Hemi or viper V10 engine any time soon.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

A couple of reports are cropping up stating that Mercedes-Benz will not offer Diesel-powered AMG entries, as BMW recently showed the tri-turbo Diesel in-line 6's, which are quite potent, but may not be offered in the USDM. AMG states that it's moved forward exceptionally with with the gasoline engines that there would be no need for the addition for the super-Diesels. Here's one of the reports, posted below:

http://www.egmcartech.com/2012/02/07...bmw-m-diesels/
Old 02-10-2012, 07:08 PM

News about Koenigsegg...hints about camless engine
LINK