Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 05:28 AM
CSS Veteran

BREAKING NEWS~!!! GENEVA AUTOSHW SET TO BE THE GREATEST SUPER/HYPERCAR SHOW EVER!!!

BUGATTI, is said to be preparing the greatest showing of there models ever and are likely set to reveal some new happens for there future models, and could very well be looking to show a new special Veyron Grand Sport, that is said to pay hommage to the Bugatti Typo 59 racer! My source say this model will be powered by the quad turbo W-16, and will showcase plenty of classic styling cues to directly connect this model to the other! My source has reveals to me that bugatti are expected to show a concept sometime this year and of course the rumors suggest it will be the Project Aerolithe which will arrive at Frankfurt's Autoshow! My source has revealed to em that the company has been working exstensively on the 16C Galibier/ Royale saloon, and have plans for this saloon to arrive as a 2015 model as the company has been working overtime on the drivetrain, and the suspinsion and 4 wheel drive system! The chassis will be retuned by bentley engineers to improve ride balance at speed! My source says that this was always the plan since former Chairman Bentley/ Bugatti Wolfgang Durheimer oversaw the re-design! My soruce syas that the final look will be very extreme in terms of technology and overall shape, as new Chairman Wolfgang Schreiber has been working on improving aerodynamics in the cars overall shape! In a statement by a engineer from Bugatti, what good is 1000 BHP without a shape that will allow you to get the maximum out of that horsepower! My source also revealed to me that Bugatti's new design direction is aimed at the next generation buagtti's to be world class, and world leading as the cars are set to produce well over 1000 BHP shortly after the arrival of the 16C Galibier!!! I asked my source about the chassis engineering for the Project Aerolithe and he stated to me that this model will feature plenty of shared technology from various VAG companies including Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley and Audi add to this the carbon composites technologies from the VAG Motorsports Division and we an expect this hypercar to be the lightest and most luxuries hypercar in its class!

MCLAREN, has made it offical that the P1 will produce no less then a combined 916PS( 903BHP) from a tuned up version of the companies twin-turbo 3.8 liter V-8 which will be mated to a light weight fly-wheel( KERS type system) that will also be able to run ina complete EV mode! My source syas that McLaren engineers opted not to build the enlarged engine stating that that motor would add weight for a car with a target set for 2600 lbs. My source also stated to me that McLaren would likely continue to use this engine through out its current production models, with rumors of a a even higher performence verison of the P1 set for reveal sometime later this year! My soruce says this model will see hosepower rise to about 950 BHP combined as the engine will be bumped up to about 800 BHP! My source syas that McLare have plans for a production run of 500 P1's but my source says that this special edition fo the P1 will be alot like that of the Bugatti Veyron SuperSport with a small run of about 50 which will also celebrate the comanies 50 th Anniversary!!! My source has also revealed to me that the company's P13 will be a more extreme concept and will take aim at the Porsche 911 Turbo and Turbo S, and will be powered by a detuned verison of the twin-turbo 3.8 liter V-8, that should be good for about 570-590 BHP!!!

FERRARI, are set to shwo the FX150/ F70 as its ultimate flagship hypercar! This time around this will use a direct injected 6.3 liter V-12 that will produce 800 BHP and will be mated to the Hy-KERS system that wiill add roughly between 122-150 BHP to the overall output that means a combined 922-950 BHP! My source syas the company has purely showcased plans for a true to F1 carbon compositie matrix of different types of carbon fiber throughout the monocoque chassis and doors and body panels! My source says the target weight is set for roughly 2650 lbs. which is sure to showcase that this car has potential to be a Veyron-beater! Beyond this work is underway on the 458 Italia Scuderia( Monte Carlo) which is set to be the ultimate supercar in its class with a expected horsepower rating of 630 BHP for this thinner gauge aluminum bodied supercar! My source syas the company will use small amounts of carbon fiber through this cars hood and rear decklids, my source also says the company could replace the aluminum roof with carbon fiber, but its still pretty early into final details! My soruce say the engine will benefit from improved and remapped management systems, add to thsi the lower weight, and a more focused performence suspinsion, this car will prove to be a challenge for many car sin its class! Also in final stages is the Ferrari Califronia successor which will use a version of the direct injected 4.5 liter V-8 that will be good for no less then 550 BHP in top trim package! My source also states that this car will again be a cabriolet/coupe and feature a 2+ configuration to offer a 2 seat Gt or a 2+2 GT upon options! My source sya sthe engine switch is the reason for all the extra cooling, was becaus eof the larger engines! My soruce syas that Ferrari will retain the naturally aspirated format for at least another 10 years, and in fact the first Ferrari to get turbos will be the FX150/F70 successor and even then the company is not looking to replace the direct injected V-12 for this car, the company will instead opt for a smaller displacement yet higher revving V-12 to keep performence pretty stable, yet losing weight at the same time! My source says also in the cars is a Scuderia type model for the F12 Berlinetta, which could see horsepower rise close to 800 PS( roughly 789 BHP) this model will benefit from plenty of carbon fiber and thinner gauged aluminum alloy and more extreme aerodynamics!!

LAMBORGHINI, is set to reveal the Fastest Lamborghini Ever, and my source says this car is a Raging Bull like NO other, a bespoke concept said to be like a Sesto Elemento powered by a retuned version of the Avetador's 6.5 liter V-12! Rumors suggest that this model is Project Deimos and this model will be the most terrifing Bull ever! My source says this car will use all the elements of the Sesto Elemento but with a improve power to weight ratio! My source calls this model to be a Reventon successor and will be produced in a limited production run! Also in the cards is the Gallardo successor this model will be a V-10 engined supercar that will improve as much as 600 BHP form the very start! My source told me that the 2 door GT is possible as the Estoque, and this model would use the Aventador's V-12 that will put the production model in direct sight of the Ferrari F12! My source says that Lamborghini Chairman Stephen Winkelmann is hinting at a Lamborghini range that will consist of 4 main stay production models while the company will still produce limited production models!

More news to come soon enough, as I'm now heading to Geneva for the Autoshow, and I will be present at Press Days!!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34 PM
CSS Veteran

Apparently, there are Honda engineers at McLaren optimizing the 1.6T v6 for F1. If McLaren goes with a Mercedes engine, then they would have to take it in 2015. McLaren does not want a 1 year engine deal, hence the switch to Honda. An announcement should be made shortly. McLaren has not yet signed a deal with Mercedes in regards to the 2014 engine. I believe McLaren is waiting for Honda, and then make a decision.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
CSS Veteran

Giles Simon is rumored to be working on the Honda 1.6T v6 for F1. He was working with PURE on a similar engine, but that company went out of business, so he might have gotten a job at Honda as a top level engineer.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:44 PM
CSS Veteran

According to BBC, Honda is likely to return to F1 in 2015. This means that McLaren has signed a 1 year engine deal with Mercedes.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:19 AM
CSS Veteran

I'm here at Geneva and this has got to be a true supercar show if I'd ever seen one! The Rolls-Royce twin-turbo 6.6 liter V-12 creates 624 BHP, and looks awesome, I have seen the Lamborghini Veneno, which is there top secret 50th Anniversary hypercar thats sports a naturally aspirated Avenetador 6.5 liter V-12, that makes 755 BHP and will also be used in the 2014 Aventador SV and will produce 740 BHP in that car! Seen the McLaren P1 and its more amazing to see in the flesh, with all the slight tweaks to this hypercar and its combined 903 BHP from the twin-turbo 3.8 liter V-8 and its KERS /ERS system that will give this car more go! But the real news is what I'm abotu to show you all here in the first offical pic of the Ferrari F150/ F70 with rumors suggesting the name to be LaFerrari! But here it is fr you all who have read my thread!!! I hope you all enjoy it truly!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f70.jpg (39.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by MCLAREN P_10; 03-05-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Nice, and it has the contemporary design-language from Ferrari, and I figured that it would get the scissor-type doors! I can notice it well from some of it's teasers! Looking forward to seeing that Lamborghini front-engined 2+2 that's supposed to appears, along with other!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM
CSS Veteran

Sorry Bonneville63, theres no 2+2 Lamborghini being shown, instead the concept many thought was this car is a ItalDesign concept called the Parcour which is in essence a offroaders Gallardo concept with butterfly doors! The Lamborghini Veneno is that new GT based around the V-12 that many were hearing about! The car is slightly longer then the Aventador, and uses the Aventador's carbon fiber tub, mated to a pair of forged carbon composites spaceframes front and rear! The high pricetags comes for the exclusvility of this hypercar which is limited to 3 cars..... PERIOD!!!!!

The numbers for the Ferrari F150 are amazing, the engine will produce 800 PS( 788BHP) and mated to a Hy-KERS unit that will produce 163 BHP! Overall horsepower is 949 BHP( 963 PS)! Its not aimed at topspeed thus far, but my source says the car will top out north of 220 MPH ! This cars styling is truly amazing, the shrouded car alone is imposing to say the least, just standing near the shroud makes you feel like your the luckiest person on the planet!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:07 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Taking a look at that Spyker B6 (production-close) concept, it appears, judging by proportions, that it's built on that Phoenix platform which was initially meant for Saab products. I suppose that this will be the "entry-level" Spyker, and others more upmarket will follow such as a potential E8 4-door coupe and the D8 "Peking-to-Paris" crossover SUV.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 AM
CSS Veteran

Dealers were told that only 500 NSX's/year were going to be made, so about 2 per dealership, per year. Maybe the new plant in Ohio will be able to build 3,000 cars a year, but Honda could use that capacity for other models (NSX-R, NSX spyder, Baby NSX, Civic Type-R or the rumored USDM Honda sport coupe). It could also be made with more CF that what is being shown, or some other Carbon tech that is labor intensive and could be expensive to make.

Honda America is thinking of making a FWD/AWD Sport coupe for the American market and maybe other regions. Power would come from the rumored 2.0T engine that makes around 250-280 HP and a 7DCT, or the next gen Civic Type-R could come to the US.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
Taking a look at that Spyker B6 (production-close) concept, it appears, judging by proportions, that it's built on that Phoenix platform which was initially meant for Saab products. I suppose that this will be the "entry-level" Spyker, and others more upmarket will follow such as a potential E8 4-door coupe and the D8 "Peking-to-Paris" crossover SUV.
No, this has nothing to do with the Phoeinix platform, there were no plans for a mid engined car on the Phoeinix platform.
This is most probaly a child worked out with Lotus Engineering (thats the consultant part of Lotus).
In, if I recall correct, 2009 Lotus Engineering were selected as preferred supplier, in some areas, to Spyker.
A new rumour is that MJK, Michael J Kimberley (previous CEO of Lotus Cars ) is back in the auto industry. He retired due to medical reasons in 2009.
He is now in Geneva with but it is not clear with whom he works yet.

The wheelbase does not match up against the Evora as some rumours say.
The Evora has 2575 mm, the B6 2500 mm.