Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2018, 06:19 AM
CSS Veteran

Am I the only one seeing a sleek Subaru Legacy w/ Mustang rear lights?
Old 02-22-2018, 07:58 AM
CSS Veteran

The front unfortunately spoils the otherwise decent design, just like with the Renault Talisman.
Rear is a bit bland, but at least not ugly.
I love the interior, as generally lately from Peugeot (3008/5008)
Old 02-22-2018, 08:31 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Interior is stunning as expected. Best in class by far.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 02-22-2018, 08:53 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
P.S.
Any word on 508 SW?
My thoughts too. We haven't seen a single spyshot of an estate, and probably the very coupe like proportions don't lend themselves to anything but a shooting break (certainly not a traditional, very spacious French "Break"). Would be a weird move though, given the vast majority of D segment cars sold in Europe sell as a wagon...
Old 02-22-2018, 09:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I mostly agree with everything said here. I like the fang DRLs of the front but the headlights are bugging me a bit. Side is a wonder in its minimalism without being boring. The rear is nice but falls a bit too short compared with the rest of the car. The interior is a home run but i have not tested any recent Peugeot so i can't tell anything apart from how it looks.

I like it in red and blue. In white, not that much because the fangs are more disguised and it reveals its front overhang. Frameless doors are obvious now, and i wonder if its finally a hatch or not.

Overall a very nice effort and a clever move from Peugeot.

Last edited by Reppu; 02-22-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:31 PM

This is a 5-door liftback, Peugeot's version of A5 Sportback - I lost count how many times they mention A5 in their press release.

Need to see it in real life, but so far I'm disappointed by exterior detailing, was expecting a cleaner look.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

eh... they (and sadly, 3/4 of automotive press) mentioned A5 a lot with DS5 too... so, I wouldn't give any attention to it .

and yes, thankfully it has 5 doors... seen nicely on this vide at 3:50...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUzvTzMCL4

sadly (for me at least), it is french without subtitles, but still, if nothing else we can its interior, roomines and get a kind of feeling how it would be sitting inside.... and if you ask me, it rocks! thouh rear bench does seem a bit tight and central LCD has huge black border... I don't understand why... they have larger in DS7 so "not having" then shouldn't be the reason...

Last edited by drugmirko; 02-22-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:55 PM

It's been a while since a new car reveal had me this excited. I just think this is such a breath of fresh air and I am so rooting for it to do well commercially.

Positive things to note:
- The new 508 is 80mm shorter and 60mm lower than the outgoing 508, bucking the trend for bigger and bigger cars
- The bonnet shutline is hidden when looking at the vehicle from the side, which is pretty neat
- The overhangs have been dramatically reduced
- The frameless doors have allowed Peugeot to make the car lower
- When Citroen wanted to make the C5 more premium, it ditched the hatch. Now Peugeot wants the 508 to be premium but it chose to do so by adding a hatch
- The car has a multi-link rear axle with adaptive damping (on petrol variants)
- The styling is genuinely arresting. The front detailing is a bit fussy but the lines are generally clean and taut.
- The rear has lambo-esque vibes
- Interior jumps to the top of class for looks and possibly quality, which is fitting given that PSA owns Faurecia which supplies interior parts for a lot of the German premium trio products.

Not so positive:
- Base spec cars will not have the "Fang" DRL's but simply a chrome strip in its place
- The all digital interior will most likely not be super user friendly
- Let's hope the pricing is not too ambitious. Their brand strategy is to give smaller discounts and have better margins and work on increasing the residual values of their products.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

a, ok.... the one in video in my previous post is equipped with "the bald" trim level .... this one's LCD has "full width" ;):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoAVGz1wMEU
Old 02-22-2018, 02:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFa View Post
Not so positive:
- Base spec cars will not have the "Fang" DRL's but simply a chrome strip in its place
- The all digital interior will most likely not be super user friendly
- Let's hope the pricing is not too ambitious. Their brand strategy is to give smaller discounts and have better margins and work on increasing the residual values of their products.

ad 1. - yes, it will look like this.... it's a bit large, so link only:

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/86/25/03/captur12.jpg

ad 2. - ??? currently, there is 5008 with almost identical digital interior in my familiy... and I have no problem with it! menues are easily reachable trough "pian keys" and there's not many submenues to "lose yourself" in them... though touch screen could be just a tad faster. but "lag" not horrible or anything...

ad 3. - hopefully they won't "exaggerate" with its price...