Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
eh... they (and sadly, 3/4 of automotive press) mentioned A5 a lot with DS5 too... so, I wouldn't give any attention to it .
Peugeot in their own press release clearly admits they aim this car as a (probably cheaper) A5 alternative - and one has to be blind not to see that they basically copied A5 Sportback concept. Even the dimensions are almost exactly the same.

They're not the first one to do it, as BMW got 4-series GrandCoupe before, and I'm not opposed to it as I like such type of cars, but don't understand why you deny it and simply cannot accept the fact.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madskillz View Post
Peugeot in their own press release clearly admits they aim this car as a (probably cheaper) A5 alternative - and one has to be blind not to see that they basically copied A5 Sportback concept. Even the dimensions are almost exactly the same.

They're not the first one to do it, as BMW got 4-series GrandCoupe before, and I'm not opposed to it as I like such type of cars, but don't understand why you deny it and simply cannot accept the fact.

oh, I wouldn't go so far to say they copied A5 SB concept... I'd sooner say they made it in this slightly aggressive and dynamic "coupe-like" shape, because D segment sedan sales are in "death spiral" recently. it was bound to have some kind of "added appeal&attraction"! cause, otherwise it simply won't sell... ;).

so, by my guess there are two reasons, if they really are talking about A5 SB in their press releases... first is "subliminal advertising" of its alleged "quality". and the other, more "profane" (of which I'm slightly "afraid of"), that with frequent mentioning of A5 SB they are trying to "justify" rather steep price they intend to sell it for... ;)!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Like others have said, the LED fangs spoil an otherwise classy and great looking car. Interior is a standout.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
ad 2. - ??? currently, there is 5008 with almost identical digital interior in my familiy... and I have no problem with it! menues are easily reachable trough "pian keys" and there's not many submenues to "lose yourself" in them... though touch screen could be just a tad faster. but "lag" not horrible or anything...
I'm glad to hear that the responsiveness of the screen has improved, when I test-drove a 308 a couple of years ago, it was rather frustrating!

I wish manufacturers didn't integrate climate control/air-conditioning into the infotainment system. Physical buttons/knobs are so much simpler to operate when on the move, you don't even have to take your eyes off the road.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Like others have said, the LED fangs spoil an otherwise classy and great looking car. Interior is a standout.
I think the vertical elements are the only really unique feature on this otherwise attractive if rather generic looking car. Don't get me wrong, I like the design, it's very tidy, but not really groundbreaking.

I'd like more pics of the interior to make a judgement, but it looks to be a stunner.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFa View Post
I'm glad to hear that the responsiveness of the screen has improved, when I test-drove a 308 a couple of years ago, it was rather frustrating!

I wish manufacturers didn't integrate climate control/air-conditioning into the infotainment system. Physical buttons/knobs are so much simpler to operate when on the move, you don't even have to take your eyes off the road.
yes... touchscreens in all PSA nodels are now in capacitve technology and are much faster than they were a couple of years ago.
and, though -except for r.w. camera nad navigation- I don't really like having any kind of "colourfull tv's" in cars, especialy those that have gazilion submenues and are not touch screen contoled (I nearly killed myself once, fiddling with Audi's MMI while driving), I really don't understand this "hysteria" over having automatic climate control on infotainment touch screen... cuz, why would you constantly fiddle with climate control and temperature.... this is something you set once in every "odd year" and leave it to work by its own... otherwise there's no point of having "automatic" cimate control... let alone "multizone"...
Old 02-26-2018, 06:57 AM
CSS Veteran

The press release mentions how they take inspiration from the Audi A5 Sportback and the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe.

But the main and obvious target for this car (at least in the body form shown here) will be this:

Holy crap, this is going to be one hell of a showdown

Last edited by Blackraven; 02-26-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:18 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Holy crap, this is going to be one hell of a showdown
Meh not so sure if any of those will be a proper competitor. Mainly cause those who want a prestigious brand will still opt for the Audi or BMW. As for the Volkswagen, again the brand has more appeal to mainstream buyers than Peugeot and since the Arteon is shaped to look like a sportier coupe it won't necessary lose much market share. On the other hand the Passat and Superb may be it's more direct rivals along with the Renault Talisman and Opel Insignia.

Time will tell of course :) Peugeot has made me a fan lately and their interiors are pure sex. In fact, i wonder how some Ford mainstays such as the Focus will fair compared to newer versions of the 308 (not 508 obviously) and the VAG trio of VW/Skoda/SEAT in Europe once the fancy, high tech interiors are rolled out into all models. Ford's new interiors look really nice but lack that next-gen look.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 06-06-2018, 05:00 AM
Administrator

508 II SW, looks great.

More photos here
http://www.largus.fr/actualite-autom...iniphotos.html

Last edited by Ascariss; 06-06-2018 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I agree, that looks nice, the very long wheelbase avoids an overly long rear overhang that otherwise adds visual bulk to long - thus more practical - estates (Insignia, Passat)