There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2019, 10:38 PM
CSS Oldtimer

IcedG35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun76 View Post
I think it looks perfect. It's proportions are sleek and aggressive. I can't wait for the ZR-1 version which I think might be a V8 Hybrid combo.
agreed, especially in the less boy-racer colors. this profile shot makes its look like right at home with $100k+ cars:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...n=true#image=1
Old 07-27-2019, 08:52 AM

ajprice is on a distinguished road

https://youtu.be/yBHp3fC5lp8

Showroom model walkaround and sit inside by a 6'5" guy who doesn't fit in the C7.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Comrade is on a distinguished road

Perfect example of when less would be more. Too many lines and creases that donít add depth to the design. Itís just gimmicky. Great job on the value proposition though.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:06 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Perfect example of when less would be more. Too many lines and creases that donít add depth to the design. Itís just gimmicky. Great job on the value proposition though.
Agreed on both points; A mid engined, V8 powered sports car with close to 500hp starting below 60k USD is insane value, and makes you think that stuff like a Audi R8 is either crazily overpriced, or Chevy must be loosing money; And of course ridicules the value of cars like a Supra or Audi TT..

But the design, IDK, it odes look a bit dated in places, and simply overdone in others; Given the value and that already front engine Corvettes actually were great to drive with handling on par with "premium" sports cars costing twice or more, I guess I would easily swallow the not so great design, but still, it's a bit of a missed opportunity.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Cozz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Cozz

Anyone critical of the C8 design has to see it in person. I've always disliked the Corvette and it's engineering of the past but this one has me sold. So much that I put a $1000 deposit for an early allocation in July. I'll be at Van Bortel dealer in upstate NY this week. They have a display for the public on August 16th, 12pm to 8pm. Everyone is welcome to come. Also look online for updates of what and when Chevy dealers will have the C8 for display as they're touring the country.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozz View Post
Anyone critical of the C8 design has to see it in person...
If you have to see it in person to make a determination as to whether it is attractive or not, then the stylists have failed.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Cozz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Cozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
If you have to see it in person to make a determination as to whether it is attractive or not, then the stylists have failed.
No one said you have to see it to find out if it's attractive. I said critical. There is a difference. With your logic, the Ferrari 360 failed because pictures were never able to show how wide the car really is.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

I've always had a love hate relationship w/ the Vette.

I liked the C7, and the C8 is growing on me (albeit - it'd be a lot nicer to these eyes had there been a bit more restraint) - however I just don't like all the buttons on the inside. This said - I'm sure GM researched the hell out of this with what their fans wanted to see - and gave it to them.

I'm super impressed w/ the price point of this thing. I'm shocked GM didn't pull a Caddy and overprice it.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozz View Post
No one said you have to see it to find out if it's attractive. I said critical. There is a difference. With your logic, the Ferrari 360 failed because pictures were never able to show how wide the car really is.
Literally never have I had the experience of finding a car ugly in pictures and then realizing it is an iconic beauty when seeing it in person. If a vehicle is not attractively styled, I am not interested in having it in my driveway.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Literally never have I had the experience of finding a car ugly in pictures and then realizing it is an iconic beauty when seeing it in person.
Well, I've had several cars that just work better in person than in pics(the current Volvo S90, e.g.), and the other way around (some recent larger Skodas, looking clean and good in pics, just don't do it form in in person, looking weirdly oversize form angles); But they won't competently turn my impression, too much or too little usually stays that way; Also sometimes it take me some time to appreciate subtle designs (though this Corvette certainly is not subtle), where over the time you notice neat little details, or just some angles that are really making a design a win;

This Corvette, to me is one of those designs that I neither love nor hate from pics (the detailing seems a bit dated though) so in person it could still have a great presence, but also just look completely ridiculous. I'll have to wait;