There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2020, 07:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
While I would never call the X7 a beauty, I actually don't mind the way that it looks. Initially, I found it overly tall and a bit awkwardly proportioned, but the very pronounced grille at least makes sense on an SUV, and there is a certain purposefulness to the squared-off shape.

Perhaps it's an unfortunate sign of how outlandish car design has become, but the X7 just sort of fades into the background (esp in darker colors). Not sure if I'm mis-remembering, but I think most of the ones in my area don't have much chrome around the windows (although the ones in the pics above have plenty).
I tend to agree; It blends in in trafic, but , that also means it lacks something special (and, generally, the average car hasn't exactly become more beautiful in the recent years); Just yesterday, when sitting for lunch with a colleague outside, a X7 was parked in front of us, and next to it a current Tiguan, both in a mid to dark grey metallic, with average sized silver alloys of the "some spokes, not sporty" look and what shall I say, they kind of share a lot of visual DNA; the creases, teh chrome on the lower bumper, generally something slightly generic "German SUV" about that design; ANd they blend in incredibly into traffic, and, my colleague was kind of disappointed how the X7 without any flashy M package or colors is so invisible; ANd, IMHO, not looking expensive specifically;

I think the sheer amount of similar German C&SUVs in the recent past has just made these cars make look incredibly similar, with only the occasional truly ugly design standing out; ANd, tbh. recent BMW updates tend to fall in the later category, unfortunately
Old 09-23-2020, 07:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
bmw design not heading to a good place.
It's not been heading to a good place for quite some time. Most of their offer is totally messed up.