Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2017, 02:49 AM
Raconteur

I suspect that the Mazda6 remain a footnote for sales in the USA...undeservedly so.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:35 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Not sure about the rear end, seems a bit Toyota from the side. But the front looks great, more aggressive and less 'limo' like. At this rate Mazda is becoming the Japanese equivalent to Audi and Alfa Romeo combined in terms of succesfully pushing the brand more upmarket in a convincing manner and by actually being damn good at it. With Mazda's sleek, sexy Italian-esque designs and sporty intentions with Germanic precision and Japanese quality, reliability and pricing they are truly inspiring.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-30-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Japanese quality, reliability and pricing they are truly inspiring.
If by Japanese pricing, you mean relatively cheap MSRP and even cheaper actual transaction price, I don't know about that. We sat down to run some numbers on a CX-5 1-2 yrs ago, and the dealership didn't give much (I can't remember the numbers, at this point).
Old 11-30-2017, 02:17 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
If by Japanese pricing, you mean relatively cheap MSRP and even cheaper actual transaction price, I don't know about that. We sat down to run some numbers on a CX-5 1-2 yrs ago, and the dealership didn't give much (I can't remember the numbers, at this point).
Indeed. I looked at a Mazda6 and the dealer wouldn't budge on price very much. I told the salesman that the Mazda6 was dead in the water for sales and he told me that its volume is the same or sometimes higher than then Camry. I stood up and walked away at that point.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Not sure about the rear end, seems a bit Toyota from the side.
Neither of those aspects have changed with this facelift...
Old 11-30-2017, 03:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Indeed. I looked at a Mazda6 and the dealer wouldn't budge on price very much. I told the salesman that the Mazda6 was dead in the water for sales and he told me that its volume is the same or sometimes higher than then Camry. I stood up and walked away at that point.
Wow...dumb statement by that Mazda dealer. There are SO MANY other tactics that SHOULD have been used to sway your POV...for example, in Canada they have an unlimited mileage warranty....so my argument would have been, 'despite not being a sales leader - we offer other solutions to provide greater value to consumers, for example, did you know that Mazda offers an unlimited warranty? To buy an extended warranty at XX manufacturer costs AT LEAST $3,500 for a lesser product..factor that with the exceptional fuel economy (saving you XX $ per year), you have savings. Further, while our sales are not that of Camry / Accord / Fusion - it also means you're not driving a homogenized product, you'll stand out'. Sigh.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It seems to be a different story here in Australia, where Mazda is the No. 2 best seller. From what I've experienced (I've visited the odd Mazda showroom and subsequently leased two of them over the years) is that Mazda dealers and sales staff here are more than willing to do a deal. Sales events are regularly advertised too.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
he told me that its volume is the same or sometimes higher than then Camry. I stood up and walked away at that point.
I would've just died laughing on the showroom floor right then and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75
It seems to be a different story here in Australia, where Mazda is the No. 2 best seller. From what I've experienced (I've visited the odd Mazda showroom and subsequently leased two of them over the years) is that Mazda dealers and sales staff here are more than willing to do a deal. Sales events are regularly advertised too.
Maybe Mazda needs to move some of those Australian managers here to the U.S. I like Mazda, but I cannot understand its sales model. Mainstream luxury models here generall go for much less than MSRP, so I'm not sure what Mazda is trying to do by not giving more substantial discounts....
Old 12-01-2017, 02:02 AM
Raconteur

The only way Mazda will survive long term in the USA will be to become to Toyota the "Buick" between Chevy (Toyota) and Cadillac (Lexus). Mazda cannot survive alone and Toyota makes a good fit. Mazda is probably better for Toyota than Toyota's odd dalliance with Subaru.