Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Default Ford Posts its Highest Q3 Profit....Ever.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/26/news...ings/index.htm

So happy to see Ford rewarded for its efforts. Market share is up, transaction prices are WAY up (Autoblog reported that people are buying Fiestas loaded with options and actually paying more on average than they are for the Focus!), and there's more product in the pipeline. For the year, Ford continues to lead Toyota and GM in sales. Alan Mulally strikes me as a terrible dancer but I'd be willing to bet he's doing a jig right now.

Oh, to have purchased Ford stock at $2.00/share...

Old 10-26-2010, 02:51 PM

Not bad for a company that was on the brink of going down the drain... Kudos!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

while i'd like to believe GM could do the same (Chrysler is just not even relevant in this conversation), i don't think they have the product pipeline to even come close to Ford. Chevy still can't make a good looking sedan that will provide the bulk sales needed for an entry level brand, they don't have the efficient and powerful engines that Ford has, and their interiors don't compare IMO. Cadillac can't figure out if it wants to compete with BMW and Mercedes or not, and Buick's are targeting a younger demographic which IMO they won't be able to penetrate, no matter how good looking their new sedans might be.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
while i'd like to believe GM could do the same (Chrysler is just not even relevant in this conversation), i don't think they have the product pipeline to even come close to Ford. Chevy still can't make a good looking sedan that will provide the bulk sales needed for an entry level brand, they don't have the efficient and powerful engines that Ford has, and their interiors don't compare IMO. Cadillac can't figure out if it wants to compete with BMW and Mercedes or not, and Buick's are targeting a younger demographic which IMO they won't be able to penetrate, no matter how good looking their new sedans might be.
I have one word for you, sir: China. Now and forever the largest auto market on Earth. With an insatiable appetite for GM products, and particularly Buicks (why do you think GM canceled Pontiac before Buick?). Ford barely registers in China. So while Ford is sitting pretty here in NA, GM is eating its lunch in Asia.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
I have one word for you, sir: China. Now and forever the largest auto market on Earth. With an insatiable appetite for GM products, and particularly Buicks (why do you think GM canceled Pontiac before Buick?). Ford barely registers in China. So while Ford is sitting pretty here in NA, GM is eating its lunch in Asia.
very true, and something i stupidly overlooked in relation to GM, although being so highly dependent on foreign sales is extremely risky, especially where you have a good deal of political risk involved as is the case US/China relations.