Old 10-08-2019, 03:17 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Alfa Romeo Tonale

Production version leaked:

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/10/pr...-a-tamed-look/
Old 10-08-2019, 03:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Looks promising given the Audi Q3 next to it I guess it's a customer clinic event, so probably still not 100% final; I like that the interior, despite being minimalist, is still immediately recognizable as an Alfa...

Anyway, this should finally give Alfa Romeo some volume, even if mostly outside the US. Ultimately. it will be down to offering a wide enough range of engines and trims to cover the segment (the Giulia and Stelvio are IMO seriously hampered by the lack of low powered petrol and fleet trim options in Europe); Like a Q3, X1, X2, GLA and all otehrs, volumes will be achieved by small, sub 150hp (or even 130) engines and a low entry price (that catches customers) that is then driven up dramatically with options, but becomes again less dramatic in a monthly lease payment...
Old 10-08-2019, 05:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

The link has a photo which might show another Tonale in background. If that's the case, it's a very bland (and cheap looking) 3/4 view and greenhouse. Aside from the front, nothing about this says Alfa (except the hidden rear door handles, I guess)?

Interior, IMO, remains cheap-looking for the class, even if styled nicely.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
The link has a photo which might show another Tonale in background. If that's the case, it's a very bland (and cheap looking) 3/4 view and greenhouse. Aside from the front, nothing about this says Alfa (except the hidden rear door handles, I guess)?
This pic?

That's an XC40 on the left side. Looks like an Evoque and an X2 on the right.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

Supposedly the giulietta is dead and will be killed off soon as well so this needs to arrive much quicker to the market, 2021 feels forever.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Supposedly the giulietta is dead and will be killed off soon as well so this needs to arrive much quicker to the market, 2021 feels forever.
Devil's advocate...they could start selling this stateside as a 2021 in three months once we're at January 2020...so it might not be as long as we think. Granted, this is FCA, so it could be 2022 and a late on-sale date in 2021 for all we know.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:09 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Love the rear and interior. Some nice details. Particularly like the way the exhaust surrounds bend into the lower bumper. And the tail lights are neat, if a bit derivative of other makers now since light bars are trending.

Super elegant dashboard and I love the way the buttons just hang in a slim row below. Don't even mind the screen sitting there.

I wish the headlights retained the 3 divisions instead of the larger corner DRL. It looks like the bulbs themselves are still there, but mimicking the rear more directly with an LED strip would have been nice
Old 10-08-2019, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Devil's advocate...they could start selling this stateside as a 2021 in three months once we're at January 2020...so it might not be as long as we think. Granted, this is FCA, so it could be 2022 and a late on-sale date in 2021 for all we know.
true, but from what I read, not sure where, production start was supposed to be summer 2021, so I guess it would be a 2022 model. I could be wrong.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
This pic?

That's an XC40 on the left side. Looks like an Evoque and an X2 on the right.
Ahhh.... That makes more sense (since I find the XC40 pretty cheap looking).

Will be interesting to see if this sells any better in the US than do the Giulia or Stelvio . After initially seeing quite a few of them after their release, I barely see any now....
Old 10-09-2019, 12:20 AM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

ToeNail was the best name they could come up with? Or is it TowNail because it will constantly break down and need to be towed?

The Giulia has been a cataclysmic sales failure and the Stelvio hardly sells any better. Meanwhile, dealers are abandoning the franchise.

The Alfa TowNail will be another dismal faiulure.

Meanwhile no new Dodge Challenger or Charger. Their sales volume in higher than all of Alfa Romeo worldwide. No new Dodge Journey. No new Chrysler crossover. Meanwhile the Jeep Wagoneer is nowhere to be seen. Meanwhile the Cherokee is desperately in need of a full replacement.

But we still get the ToeNail.

Mike Manley is even more of a moron than Marchionne.