There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2019, 12:52 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
ToeNail was the best name they could come up with? Or is it TowNail because it will constantly break down and need to be towed?

The Giulia has been a cataclysmic sales failure and the Stelvio hardly sells any better. Meanwhile, dealers are abandoning the franchise.

The Alfa TowNail will be another dismal faiulure.

Meanwhile no new Dodge Challenger or Charger. Their sales volume in higher than all of Alfa Romeo worldwide. No new Dodge Journey. No new Chrysler crossover. Meanwhile the Jeep Wagoneer is nowhere to be seen. Meanwhile the Cherokee is desperately in need of a full replacement.

But we still get the ToeNail.

Mike Manley is even more of a moron than Marchionne.
Glad you have a crystal ball.
This is the exact kind of product they should be making...
Old 10-09-2019, 07:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Supposedly the giulietta is dead and will be killed off soon a
Well, given it's a more or less 10 year old design, and most competition has been replaced twice since it'S release, that's hardly a surprise.

Whilst there are rumors of a shortened Giulia replacing the Giulietta as a RWD hatchback (pretty much what BMW did in the first 2 generations of 1 series), I would even understand if a low volume brand like Alfa Romeo decides that a compact CUV will bring more volume and target the same buyers as the quickly shrinking C-segment hatchback (where the volume sellers are mostly fleet favorites, of which Alfa never has been one of).
Old 10-09-2019, 08:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
Agree, but I wonder if they're beyond saving. I feel the situation is the same at Cadillac. They can make the most brilliant cars ever, but their rep is so bad that I don't think many people will give them a second look.

Given the quality issues of the Giulia (and maybe the Stelvio? I don't know if any car mag has a 1-yr test of that car), I think Alfa has shot itself in the foot w/ a whole new generation of Americans....
Old 10-09-2019, 09:26 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Agree, but I wonder if they're beyond saving.
Internationally, it has more of a name than Cadillac, but yeah, I think the size and product outlook is very worrying. Economically, Alfa Romeo as a stand alone brand doesn't make sense since the, well, 70ies, because since then they have been saved by the State, Fiat and now FCA. If once a manager decides that the petrol head love for the brand is o longer worth pumping money into them, they are certainly dead.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:59 AM

Levi is on a distinguished road

I like Alfa but this brand is indeed dead. I prefer it to be dead that for it to be a zombie brand like BMW, Well Alfa will not be able to be a zombie brand either, even if I wished it, but I don't.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
Glad you have a crystal ball.
You don't need a crystal ball when direct evidence exists. The relaunch of Alfa-Romeo has been a total failure worldwide. They are nowhere near their sales projections of where they said they would be by now.

Putting more money into Alfa-Romeo that has been rejected by the buying public at the expense of new product for brands that sell well is idiocy.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Well, given it's a more or less 10 year old design, and most competition has been replaced twice since it'S release, that's hardly a surprise.

Whilst there are rumors of a shortened Giulia replacing the Giulietta as a RWD hatchback (pretty much what BMW did in the first 2 generations of 1 series), I would even understand if a low volume brand like Alfa Romeo decides that a compact CUV will bring more volume and target the same buyers as the quickly shrinking C-segment hatchback (where the volume sellers are mostly fleet favorites, of which Alfa never has been one of).
I meant the model in general, no more hatch but ya the hatchback segment is not doing well, people would opt for a smaller crossover instead. But the new golf is coming, new A3, ford has their focus and no doubt the 308 will also have a new model, so the segment is not dead, just that Alfa didn't do a decent effort with the Giulietta.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:39 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
I meant the model in general, no more hatch but ya the hatchback segment is not doing well, people would opt for a smaller crossover instead. But the new golf is coming, new A3, ford has their focus and no doubt the 308 will also have a new model, so the segment is not dead, just that Alfa didn't do a decent effort with the Giulietta.
I'd say the Giulietta was a decent effort in 2010 (it was highly regarded), but has been left to die without any meaningful upgrades for years, in good old Fiat tradition (they did this with basically all of their compacts, every Lancia, the Punto...); The 33, 145/46 and 147 all had some meaningful mid life updates with a reworked design, new engines and tech upgrades, the Giulietta only marginally; No wonder it is mostly irrelevant in it's 10th year, given that all but the Audi A3 have had two new generations since then basically...

And whilst there are still many magazines insisting there will be a new Giulietta on a shortened Girgio platform, I don't think so, Alfa doesn't have the funds for both a compact premium hatchback and a compact CUV, and IMO wisely (in terms of sales potential) went with the Tonale CUV....