Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2018, 02:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

A great and exciting report to start off with, and looking forward to the next!

One thing that I do question is regarding Mercedes-Benz/Mercedes-AMG.
OK, we know that AMG is handling development of the upcoming, next-generation SL-Class, and going alongside the GT with it, as the GT is a series-production model. We also know that originally, M-B was going to develop the SL-Class and SLK-Class together originally, but, that was revised to go with AMG and the GT, instead, which will result in the SLK going into the history-books when it's life-cycle is over. There was also word that there was to be a co-development effort with Nissan, with the next-generation Z-car and the SLK (similar to Toyota with BMW with the Supra and Z4), however, that's off the table.

Now, as the next SL is being developed by AMG now, the reports have it that it will be more of a proper 2+2, and to separate it further from the 2-seat GT; the current SL has a vestigial rear-seat setup similar to a Porsche 911. I can believe that for a 2+2 setup for the SL would allow it to be more relevant and more of a luxury-GT, separating it from the more focused GT. The SL would likely be longer overall than the GT, have a shorter hood and longer cabin, as I see it. Also, it's reported that the next SL will go back to a fabric-top, and some reports have a fixed-roof hardtop variant in the works, as well as the soft top, not unlike the GT.

As far as stepping on the toes of the S-Class Coupe and Cabriolet, I see mixed reports on this one. Some say that the S-Class Coupe and Cabriolet will disappear with the next-generation S-Class, as the larger SL-Class 2+2 will take the spot. Some went on to say that a large, full-sized 4-door CLS-like coupe will then take the place of the S-Class Coupe/Cabriolet. Others go on to say that the next S-Class will be a larger 2+2, but not large enough to overlap with the S-Class Coupe, and something of a bridge between the GT and S-Class Coupe.

Also, regarding the V12 powerplant - recent reports at the time that I post this say that the AMG65 models, with the V12, are being ended. No AMG models will use a V12 any longer. However, this is not to be mourned, for the hybrid AMG73 models are on the way, this being a twin-turbo 4.0L V8 mated to an electric motor, and produce in excess of 800HP, considerably more powerful than the V12. AMG did develop the V8 and V12 power-plants, but the V12 is to be used for Mercedes-Maybach models, as this range is expected to expand.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:32 AM
CSS Veteran

What you say is somewhat true, but AMG was handed over development if the next generation of V-12's a few years ago,..... A major reason why Mercedes-AMG forced Pagani to shorten production of the Huayra! Because the new engine is ready! A new twin-turbo V-12 that will keep the range of engines open for AMG! But let me get back into the news with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and SSC!!!

Ferrari has recently started development of its mainstream hybrid engine, that will be completely different from the LaFerrari setup! Set to enter production this new setup will increase performance as well as fuel economy! Rumored to be placed in a high riding. FUV( Ferrari Utility Vehicle) this set up will power several future models!! As if thats not enough Ferrari has recently started looking to the future of its hypercar! In the wake of the LaFerrari , Laferrari spider and FXX K/ Evo! Early planning has started and most suggest that a performance driven hybrid V-12 aimed at McLaren and the BP23! As if this isn't enough the development of these 2 new hybrids only strengthen the direction that the Prancing Horse will be heading in! More news to read on my desk,..... So I will be sharing more once I've read them all!!

Lambirghini has started pushing there supercars as development continues on the current final variants! As we will soon see the Aventador J SV. performance variant which likely serve as the models swansong! Down the pipeline we will see a Urus S and we'll be seeing the next generation of cars very soon!! And the looming news of a fourth model range sometime in the next decade will only further the advance! As we have seen the styling direction is set to go even more extreme!!

Porsche has started to work on more advance hybrid and full EV motors that will ultimately lead to the development of the 918 successor! The biggest news as of right now we know that there are Mission E EV starting finalizing development rundown! And of course with several brands expected to use the EV and hybrid chassisi we will see various brands including Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Audi!

SSC has been breathed new life into and its official that the Tuatara and as I've heard it is slated to enter into production late this year with 2 trim packages the base model will have 1350 + bhp( 1 source says 1350 while another says as much as 1500 bhp) and the second is as I've heard it the Tuatara S which is said to have a 1700 bhp version! No word on the production reveal date,.... But I heard it could be Pebble Beach!!!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Another informative, and exciting update, and thank you for taking the time!

One marque that I've also been wondering about is Spyker. I haven't seen or read anything about the brand for some time. I last recall that about a year ago, a deal was struck to use Koenigsegg engines in future products. If memory serves me right, I recall something about all-electric models in development, too. It's been at least a year since any addition information has surfaced.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:10 AM
CSS Veteran

Sorry for the long wait ,..... As I have it Spyker has been ing on the final C8 Preliators, that will Koenigsegg V8,..... Early work is underway for successor that will use this engine also! I'm waiting on a further update and I will give that as soon as I recieve it!

Breaking News;... Bugatti
As I'm sure you all have heard about the private showing of a new Limited Chiron variant! Of course a few friends have seen it,...... And I am told its something unique and pays homage to a controversial major event! One that shaped world events as well as Bugatti history! As I've heard it will have a bespoke body with unique styling! A preview is a short time off,.... As I heard it we will likely see it this Summer! I also heard that at the Paris Autoshow we could recieve some news! If you l will remember that Bugatti CEO Stephan Winkelmann was quoted as saying " The Chiron topspeed run, Yet?", as my source stated this project was thought up by then CEO Wolfgang Durheimer and is suppose to point the way of future Bugatti's!!! Meaning coachbuilt special edition models! The running gear will be unchanged, but we will e more weight savings more then the Chiron Sport!!!
More news to come soon
Old 05-20-2018, 12:58 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Some more exciting news of anticipation here is the development if many of the upcoming electric-vehicles from various marques, as Tesla was a game-changer. I've had the opportunity to drive a Model S a couple of years back, and it's eye-opening fast, while silent, too, and it wasn't even the top-end model! Some of these electric-vehicles are embarrassing some of the supercars and muscle-cars with their performance!

Tesla has an amazing new Roadster coming up and during a surprise debut with the Semi-trucks, and a cab without a trailer goes from 0-60 in five seconds! There's as abundance of development at Volkswagen AG and it's divisions, along with BMW and Mercedes-Benz for EV, and going in the premium territory. Porsche has that J1 platform for the Mission E and others, and Audi will utilize it, too. There's also the PPE in development for high-end vehicles, and the SPE for supercars and 2-door models, according to reports. There's much at Jaguar/Land-Rover as the next-generation large XJ sedan is set to be all-electric. Pininfarina announced it's automotive brand, that these will be full EVs. Also, you have developments going on at GM and Ford for various levels of EV. Let's not forget the independent brands, such as Faraday Future, and much more, many out of China, or Chinese-backed.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Raconteur

Ahh yes...two men of one mind.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Ahh yes...two men of one mind.
True, and there is much excitement in the industry to report on and follow with the technology moving forward, it's dazzling and progressive! Also, I know that being that you're a TVR fan, that new Griffith from the resurrected iconic British marque is nothing short of sensational, and I understand that the lineup is set to expand! I would also hope that the USDM is in it's sights.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
True, and there is much excitement in the industry to report on and follow with the technology moving forward, it's dazzling and progressive! Also, I know that being that you're a TVR fan, that new Griffith from the resurrected iconic British marque is nothing short of sensational, and I understand that the lineup is set to expand! I would also hope that the USDM is in it's sights.
Old news:

4 models are planned.
The first two are the Griffith and a convertible.
The raiding of Mustang components was done specifically for durability and emissions.
The car was designed from the outset to pass crash standards.
When TVR returns, the 10 speed automatic to be used by the Shelby Mustang GT500 will be available and likely the preferable transmission
Old 05-21-2018, 07:34 PM
CSS Veteran

I have heard that Porsche is looking at maybe going turbo for the next 911 GT3 with a DCT.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:50 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv65 View Post
I have heard that Porsche is looking at maybe going turbo for the next 911 GT3 with a DCT.
From what I've read by the next gen. 911 all versions will be Turbo, and the manual is also not around for overly long anymore.