Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 07:36 PM
The Lurker

Default 2016 Cadillac CT6

Article title say it all. FINALLY the Caddy RWD flagship we've been waiting for. Looks promising with some nice classic proportions.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/22/c...hip-spy-shots/

Old 01-22-2014, 07:46 PM

Finally!!! Hopefully this lives up and is something great. No offense to GM but this has taken a lot longer than I would have thought....better late than never
Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Looking good so far! Far cry from the XTS, which is a great thing!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:03 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Absolutely love it! It also appears huge, too! I'm also wondering if a production 2-door Elmiraj coupe would get the greenlight, too, whether it keeps that name, or gets an alphanumeric designation. It would appear logical, being you have an ATS coupe introduced, a new-generation CTS coupe on the horizon, according to reports that I've come across, so, why not a large flagship coupe? If it's just the sedan that is produced, I won't complain, for at least Cadillac moved forward on it all.

Also, I still see a place for the front-drive-bias XTS, for sizewise, it's larger than the CTS but smaller than the upcoming Omega-based flagship, and being FWD and FWD-bias AWD, it doesn't alienate the older-demographic, though it's far more forward and advance than the DTS it succeeded. Also, you have a higher-end and higher-performance XTS-V-Sport with the twin-turbo 3.6L V6, in AWD setup, but not with lesser torque than the CTS V-Sport and the upcoming ATS-V, which will utilize that mill.

This new flagship (LTS?), as well as the Escalade, now, and once again adds validity to a part of the lyrics the "Not Fade Away", performed by rock-greats, The Rolling Stones and The Grateful Dead, "My love is bigger than a Cadillac..."...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB8pUZVLEzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7sNSduf7Gc
Old 01-23-2014, 01:14 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Another photoset with a different prototype:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-lts-2016.html

With all the camo on it reminds of a generic large early '80s American sedan. Hopefully the design underneath is more modern, or more retro.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

The camo could really hide a lot, as we've all seen with various vehicles that were released via they're official photos vs. the spy-shots. This Omega-chassis Cadillac, to me, looks like it would be the overall size of a regular-wheelbase Rolls-Royce Ghost. That would set it apart from the near 5-meter long new CTS, and greater than the XTS, of course.

I'm also hoping that GM decides to recoup some of the development costs of this RWD Omega platform, and not only with the hope of a production Elmiraj coupe to compliment the sedan, but also for a large Buick RWD flagship model, too.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 01-23-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:58 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve70 View Post
...No offense to GM but this has taken a lot longer than I would have thought....better late than never
Their strategy is prudent. They used two generations of the CTS to reestablish the brand and to establish the CTS as a true "American premium" product. They learned from the utter failure of the STS not to move too quickly. They are now moving in rapid succession with the ATS, XTS, new CTS, and now this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Looking good so far! Far cry from the XTS, which is a great thing!
Cadillac may have the last laugh with an ES/IS approach to the XTS/LTS.

The XTS is selling 20K units a year more than the S Class--granted apples to oranges--but those buyers are not going elsewhere. Cadillac is in fact a presence in the lower priced area of the big premium sedan market. Now factor in the RWD model when it arrives. Could Cadillac sell 13K units a year in NA like the Mercedes S?

Yes! With clever marketing (perhaps iconoclastic or nostalgic), price escalation control (the Germans are notorious for making every option a huge price bump), and attractive leasing to get the product out the door. Offering "conquest" leases to Mercedes owners to drop their Benz would be a cheeky move. Very "American" in approach.

Now price the LTS-V advantageously, make it arrive quickly, and Cadillac could be quite predatory. Dare we dream of class leading hybridization?

Cadillac understood that it had to buy into the market when the CTS replaced the Catera, but now the CTS has erased the taint of the Cadillopel and is equally priced relative to the Germans, not value priced. The ATS is priced very similar to the Germans.

This could be a huge victory for Cadillac.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:38 AM
The Lurker

Is LTS a confirmed trademark or name for this thing? That would be a shame... Alphabet Soup is such a drag in the auto industry. Ciel and Elmiraj were very elegant names to begin with. Heck, Eldorado would be a damn great name too.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I'm super excited for this. A real bona-fide American flagship sedan; it'll be better to drive than any of its competitors, too, if it follows in the footsteps of the ATS and CTS. Looks like it has loads of presence - at first I thought it should be a bit sleeker but, really, a Cadillac flagship should be at least a little stately.

As for the name...DeVille would be the obvious choice for a "real" name, although using one of the concepts' names would be interesting too...I'd favor Ciel. But LTS is good, I think. I'll be surprised if it's called something else.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:39 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
Is LTS a confirmed trademark or name for this thing? That would be a shame... Alphabet Soup is such a drag in the auto industry. Ciel and Elmiraj were very elegant names to begin with. Heck, Eldorado would be a damn great name too.
Agree. I've seen multiple sites referring to it as the LTS. For me at 52, that's too close to LTD (a tarted up Ford Galaxie). I've loved Cadillac's concept names Imag, Evoq, Converj, Ciel, and Elmiraj and have to think THOSE names are much more expensive sounding that ATS, CTS, DTS, STS, XTS, SRX, XLR, LTS...

By naming this the Elmiraj and then doing a CTS coupesedan called Eldorado would be a delight.