Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 PM

Finally. Very glad to see Cadillac moving into the class they belong. The competition against the Germans will still be fierce, though Lexus would probably not stand a chance.

Proportions look very good. I'm actually somewhat afraid that with the camo removed, it may slim down too much (but hopefully not). The only odd thing I noticed, and yes, its a development test mule, but there is only a single exhaust in the rear. The camo is styled as if there were two, but the competition will certainly brag that they have more shiny looking things in the back :) Perhaps the V model will set it straight.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:01 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Agree. I've seen multiple sites referring to it as the LTS. For me at 52, that's too close to LTD (a tarted up Ford Galaxie). I've loved Cadillac's concept names Imag, Evoq, Converj, Ciel, and Elmiraj and have to think THOSE names are much more expensive sounding that ATS, CTS, DTS, STS, XTS, SRX, XLR, LTS...
Serious brownie points for remembering all those alphabet soup names. I agree Elmiraj sounds wonderful, esp since everybody, even Kia, has jumped on the alphabet-soup bandwagon...
Old 09-25-2014, 12:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Well, this is depressing. Apparently, changing the naming convention at Infiniti wasn't enough. The "LTS" will be called the "CT6" and future cars will all follow this pattern "CT#"

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/24/c...tion-official/

I'm calling MAJOR fail with this one. It's bad enough to move to a mess of letters, but throwing in numbers is just idiotic.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Well, this is depressing. Apparently, changing the naming convention at Infiniti wasn't enough. The "LTS" will be called the "CT6" and future cars will all follow this pattern "CT#"

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/24/c...tion-official/

I'm calling MAJOR fail with this one. It's bad enough to move to a mess of letters, but throwing in numbers is just idiotic.
What is Johan de Nutjob's preocupation with name changes? IF ANYTHING Cadillac should have been taken back to NAMES like Elmiraj (big sedan), Ciel (big coupe/convertible, Imaj (midsize sedan) and so on.

Cadillac was at it's greatest with names Biarritz, Seville, Deville, Eldorado...and coming up with new names, gotta-own styling, and priced 15% lower than a Mercedes when comparably equipped would have have been a recipe for success.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:23 AM

Quote:
What is Johan de Nutjob's preocupation with name changes? IF ANYTHING Cadillac should have been taken back to NAMES like Elmiraj (big sedan), Ciel (big coupe/convertible, Imaj (midsize sedan) and so on.

Cadillac was at it's greatest with names Biarritz, Seville, Deville, Eldorado...and coming up with new names, gotta-own styling, and priced 15% lower than a Mercedes when comparably equipped would have have been a recipe for success.
Johan de Nysschen is either really, REALLY good or Cadillac is going to be in deep sh*t. It took several decades to turn the company around and make it as successful as it is today (though, there is still room for improvement). However, a move like this may do more harm than good. He must have some very good data that he was able to convince the management of Renault-Nissan AND GM to allow such a move. I'm still confused as to what all of the new Infinitis are called.

I do hope that GM nails this product. The competition is tough. Even though Nysschen claims that new Cadillacs are priced just right and are better than competition, I have not seen much in the media that actually says so.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:11 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonium959 View Post
I'm still confused as to what all of the new Infinitis are called.

I do hope that GM nails this product. The competition is tough. Even though Nysschen claims that new Cadillacs are priced just right and are better than competition, I have not seen much in the media that actually says so.
That's just the point, you say "the new Infiniti's" opposed to the new G35 or FX35. It refocuses people's attention on the brand name instead of individual models, or so that's what they want you to believe. It also creates a clear path for moving up into more expensive vehicles (start at a 50, then move up to a 60, then a 70, etc). I think there's truth in it, especially for something like a Navigator, which almost wasn't associated with being a Lincoln during its heyday. Escalade was in a similar situation, although the badges are so big you can't be confused.

The three letter Cadillac names are relatively recent, and were controversial when first adopted. Only thing stupid with Cadillac is that if you want to go against an A8 or a 750 or a Q70, don't call it a CT6. Sounds like marketing 101 that something with a 6 is less premium than a 7 or 8. The current CTS should be the CT6, leaving the top spot car as CT8.

Last edited by IcedG35; 09-25-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:31 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Johan de Nysschen is either really, REALLY good or Cadillac is going to be in deep sh*t. It took several decades to turn the company around and make it as successful as it is today (though, there is still room for improvement). However, a move like this may do more harm than good. He must have some very good data that he was able to convince the management of Renault-Nissan AND GM to allow such a move. I'm still confused as to what all of the new Infinitis are called.

Infiniti would not have let Johan de Nutbag get away if he was competent. He jumped because they were D-O-N-E with him.

GM hiring him was moronic. Audi was done with him. He crapped his pants at Infiniti and now Cadillac hired the idiot.

I wonder if Johan de Nutscratch is paid under the table by VWAG to get hired and grenade competing brands.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I wonder if Johan de Nutscratch is paid under the table by VWAG to get hired and grenade competing brands.
Oh, man, the conspiracy theorem has totally crossed my mind. Everyone knows that VAG wants to be #1 world player. This definately suits them :)
Old 09-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Oh, man, the conspiracy theorem has totally crossed my mind. Everyone knows that VAG wants to be #1 world player. This definately suits them :)
It has to gall VWAG that Cadillac has more sales volume than Audi in the USA.;)
Old 09-26-2014, 04:24 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

so like how is this going to work with 3 sedans currently below the CT6? Or is the XTS going to go away, leaving ATS, CTS, and this as CT2, CT4, and CT6 respectively. God, typing those out just makes me hate it even more.

No - against the wall