Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 02:27 AM
CSS Veteran

I want to apoligize for the long wait for my return, but asalways I have plenty of news to report, asnd we have reachednew levels on this website/forum, so Congradulations to all of us for sharing the news and rumors of all levels, I appreciate it all! Also Thanks 63Bonneville for continuing the legacywithout me, I'm very happy tosee someone has done so!!!!!

So lets get into it all, shall we?

UPDATE~!!!!!

Bugatti's Bordeaux, will be offically rolled out at the Bugatti Centenaire Celebration in Molsheim this is actually a greatove if you ask me since it is roughly the same week as Frankfurt's Autoshow, so we will see a huge partyand reveal of thisodel. According to my sources Bugatti could very well bring something truly special to Frankfurt, since it will not bring the Bordeaux, also my source has revealed to me that it will carry a quad-turbo 8.0 liter W-16producing 816 BHP, which is great for a modle of it's size. with a topspeed slated for 215 MPH. Expect this model to be extremely Bugatti and elegantly styled to say the least.

Bentley will rollout the Grand Bentley at Pebble Beach will will turn the world on it's ear with it's new MDS cylinder deactivation system and the new twin-turbo 6.75 liter V-8 which is likely to also be flex-fuel and will be good for roughly 575 BHP with hotter versions to follow. Expect this model to be larger and more luxurious then the outgoing Arnage.

Lagonda has put a hold on the SUV, not the saloon, the saloon could actually be revealed to the public at an upcoming autoshow, I will do some digging on this news for you all and update it later this week.

Since I have been away, I have gotten plenty of news on McLaren. My sources have revealed to me that McLaren's P11 has entered final stages of development, and could be shown at LA's Autoshow with a roadster version slated to be revealed sometime next year if this is the case. I am currently in Europe and I have heard form some of my sources that McLaren has started planning for the new F1 hypercar. Thismodel will be powered by a high revving V-8 with as much as 800 BHP and a topspeed of 241 MPH. Also my sources have revealed to me that McLaren engineering team has has desided to have a unique engine designed and devreloped for the McLaren range of models. According to my sources this engine will displace roughly 5.5 liter and will be food for 580 BHP in the P11, 630BHP in the P12, and 800 BHP in the P13.

More news to come for you all, I'm about to spend some time with my wife and daughter, so I will try to post some more news shortly? Stay tuned
Old 07-28-2009, 03:26 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Welcome back, MCLAREN, and you're technically the 1000th post - I was the 1000th reply in the thread.

I hope all is well with your trip and stay in Europe and I wish you all a safe and sound return. Enjoy the time, too with your wife and daughter, and my best to your family! I was glad and honored to keep up the legacy in the meantime, but, I have no sources, I just go by information appearing on other automotive news and enthusiast sites.

Yes, plenty of reports have surfaced on the Bugatti Bordeaux, especially since the first teaser got out, and you do mention the Bugatti Centenaire Celebration in Molsheim event for it's roll-out; that must be the private event that the articles have indicated, that's focused on the dealers and customers/owners.

The Grand Bentley/Arnarge successor is really gaining anticipation, will be a great highlight at Pebble Beach, and it appears to have some spectacular engineering as part of the package!

With Lagonda, that's the impression I get, that the crossover/SUV concept is on hold, or scuttled, and not the reported saloon, I'll wait to hear and find out more on this, I'm looking forward to the second, and apparently more serious effort.

I believe some recent reports regarding McLaren, and it's latest efforts for a stellar line of sportsters have surfaced, with mule pics of the P11 - indeed something well-worth the anticipation!

I'll look forward to the next news and update installment!

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 07-28-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:36 PM
CSS Oldtimer

To build on my last post, today (7/28/09) Ferrari released the official photos and specs of it's F430 successor, the 458 Italia, and it's said to debut at Frankfurt. There is already a thread in another forum in this site dedicated to this F430 successor. Being that the new 458 Italia is set for Frankfurt, then, as we heard here, the production-close Enzo successor concept, and/or the hybrid supercar concept is likely slated for L.A.late this year. Below is a link to a report on the Ferrari 458 Italia:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/28/o...he-458-italia/

Now to add to this post, an unrelated matter to the Ferrari, and I don't know if this belongs in a supercar thread or not, but this is something that I came across today, as well, and it has to do with a USA independent builder named Velozzi, one which I've never hear of before. Reason for the mention is that this company, according to a report, launched a a crossover plug-in hybrid car, a crossover called the Solo, with an on-board micro turbine battery charger, to charge the Lithium-Ion batteries, not unlike the Fisker Karma. But where the Karma has a GM sourced EcoTech I-4 turbo to charge batteries, the Solo utilizes a small turbine engine, which can run on a multitude of fuels.

A funny thing, in the past, and in this thread, I mentioned the Chrysler Patriot concept race-car of the early 90s, which contained a hybrid system which consisted of a gas-turbine. This Velozzi Solo appears to build on this concept, for street and practical use, although the turbine does not drive the wheels in the Solo, as it did on the Patriot concept. Also, speaking of gas-turbines, this report reminded me of the Project 1221, a supercar in development which is said to have a turbine mill, with high power.

Below is a link to the recent article on the Velozzi Solo:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/241907/

Below here is the Velozzi company website:

http://www.velozzi.org/index.html

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 07-28-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Additional material
Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 PM
CSS Veteran

Thank you very much for that, I appreciate it alot, and tghis trip is different thanks in part of the new models that are being revealed across Europe.

Yes, the Ferrari 458 Italia, will be on hand at Frankfurt, but the reason for the early press release is to further gage customer reaction. This model is truly something great, and with 570 BHP it will prove to be a truly faast sportscar. As you heard here Ferrari will roll out a concept for there new hybrid drive system late this year, and my sources are saying it will be the Ferrari FX70 in thinly veiled production form. The engine is slated to be a twin-turbo direct injection V-8 with a possible displacement of 5.0 liters, meaning it will be very closely developed along side the 458 Italia's V-8 but producing 794 BHP. Along weith this we could see a K.E.R.S. system mated to the front wheels, that will be activated by a button in the cockpit, this Kinetic energy will be stored in the front storage compartment, and will send extra horsepower to the front wheels, which will give this model rear wheel bias 4 wheel drive.

With the Ferrari news of the 458 Italia, and the new hybrid concept from Ferrari, I truly wouldn't be surprised if McLaren offically rolls out the P11 in close to production trim at an upcoming autoshow. McLaren has been rumored to be showing the P11 at the LA autoshow, but I believe it will be shown at a European Autoshow early next year. Also the new F1 currently known as P13/ Can-AM, rumors suggest that Frank Stephenson has designed a truly extreme hypercar, and my sources suggest that it will have a truly unique design language, as well as plenty of Formula 1 technology.

Porsche, with Wendelin Wiedking stepping down as C.E.O., VAG has started the role reversal of Porsche's takeover, and in the aftermath of it all we will see the rebirth of Auto Union, with Ferdinand Piech, and Martin Wintercorn taking the top seats of the new company. Along with this news comes news of Porsche's new supercar that will be based on the RS Spyder alot like the Carrera GT. According to my sources Porsche has started planning a new twin-turbo V-8 displacing 5.0 liters androducing as much as 750 BHP, this new engine will bemated toa faster version of the PDK 7 speed duel-clutch transmission that will send the power to the rear wheels. The body panels will be made of carbon fiber, and we can expect it to be lighter then the Carrera GT. With a estimated topspeed of 230 MPH, this model will showcase just how far Porsche will go to bring back it's performence benchmark.

Also Bugatti will build a light weight supercar, currently codenamed Aerolithe, this model will be the true successor to the Veyron, and won't arrive until after producion fo the Veyron Grand Sport ends at Molsheim. It will be roughly half the weight of the Veyron thanks in part to a aluminum spaceframe, and bodypanels made of carbon fiber and aluminum. Expect 4 wheel drive, and a new duel-clutch transmission, and powered by a new TSI supercharger fed twin-turbo system, producing as much as 1100 BHP and will raise the topspeed bar to new heights. According to my sources also at the Centenaire Celebration Bugatti is slated to roll out a final edition of the Veyron coupe, this model is said to feature a larger horsepower rating then the current coupe. Rumors suggest it will produce as much as the 1200 BHP and a topspeed of 268 MPH. My sources have revealed to me that this model will feature Matte Bugatti Blue painted fenders, with a bare carbon fiber spine of this model.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM

Impressive work MCLAREN, your stats on the Ferrari 458 and SLS were very very close.

Also, about the Porsche GT1 supercar: yes with Wendelin Wiedeking gone, there is high possibility of such an extreme supercar. But why do you think it will be turbocharged? I have reasons to not believe so. In any case we will find out within the next year or so.

Last edited by Stratos; 07-28-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member

First of all thanks Boneville for you interest, and then just to say WOW to the new Ferrari 458, just amazing how good look this car, really really love it. Ive just read a rumour on another forum that points 707 hp for the Black Series version of the new SLS.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
CSS Veteran

Porsche's future lies within the twin-turbo V-8, the V-10 was leftover from early LeMans racers, and with Porsche's Cayenne and Panamera both coming in turbo form, a naturally aspirated form engine is unlikwely, especially with Piech back in charge through the tie-up with VAG. The only other choice would be build and developed a new twin-turbo Flat-12, and recapture the 917 Can-AM racers. But the twin-turbo is a huge part of Porsche future. Porsche would not build a sportscar that will keep it close to the 911 Turbo/GT2/GT3, they would like a model with plenty of power and performence that will keep them on par with Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, amoungst other companies. Porsche truly wants a huge benchmark model snd will need to make a statement to the rest of the supercarf world this time around.

The rumor of the twin-turbo version of the SLS AMG are true, this new model will have 707 BHP and it is currently rumored to be labeled as a Black Series. This model will arrive soon after the plug-in version of the SLS and SLS Roadster. My sources suggest it will be able to reach a topspeed of 220 MPH, thanks in part to the use of carbon fiber body panels instead of aluminum. Also expect this model to feature more extreme aerodynamic measures since ti will be some 150 kgs lighter then the coupe. Expect to see bare carbon fiber on the side vents and down the center section between the gullwing doors. We can also expect to see a roadster version of the SLS Black Series.

Also my sources are following the Wendelin Wiedking story very closely and so far have stated to me that he has been in contact with Daimler AG, BMW AG, and even Brabus. One source has stated that Daimler AG would like to bring him on board to help with the development cost cutting for Maybach, and AMG's next generation Black Series and AMG model line. HWA will help with development of unique chassis while AMG will work on the road development. Also Aston Martin could be looking to him for the same job with Project Romeo and Juliet currently being ironed out between Aston Martin/Lagonda and Daimler AG, the reason for this rumor is namely due to the fact that Dr. Ulrich Bez is a old Porsche C.E.O. and has history with Wendelin Wiedking, and would it would help to ha ve him on board with Lagonda coming back. in a perfect world the Lagonda would bring Wedelin Wiedking to head up Lagonda on behalf of Aston Martin while Daimler AG would bring in Wolfgang Bernhard to help with Maybach's ties with Lagonda.

Last edited by MCLAREN P_10; 07-28-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I've seen in this thread earlier on that there would be a higher-powered, higher level of the SLS/Gullwing would be further down the road.

Going onto the mention where Wendelin Wiedking may wind up, as well as the mention of Project Romeo & Juliet in the last post, there was a report recently regarding development of a V12 for Mercedes-Benz (not for AMG models), which indicates to me that Project Romeo & Juliet is moving forward, and below is something I had posted up-thread, in post #975. Of course, I heard this news here, before it hit elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
Here's something that just appeared today (7/13/09) regarding the development of a new V12 by Mercedes-Benz. This is something I had read, long before, and in this very thread first, before it hit the media via other automotive-related sites, thanks to MCLAREN and information from his sources. This is also further indication of Project Romeo and Juliet between Daimler and Aston-Martin/Lagonda moving forward. The link to the report is posted below:

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/mercedes-...-new-v12-unit/

Of course, as reported here, AMG will not make use of the V12, a series of Twin-Turbo, D.I. V8s of various levels will be utilized for AMG models. Also, the V12 is not only for Mercedes-Benz models (likely the S-Class sedan and coupe and SL-Class), but for Aston-Martin models and certainly Lagondas, as well.
There looks to be further indication, according to the previous post, that Lagonda is into development, and the SUV/crossover may be scuttled, but not Lagonda itself as well as the upcoming uber-saloon - this I would look forward to seeing!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
Porsche's future lies within the twin-turbo V-8, the V-10 was leftover from early LeMans racers, and with Porsche's Cayenne and Panamera both coming in turbo form, a naturally aspirated form engine is unlikwely,...
The Carrera GT's V10 was a race unit that never raced. The RS Spyder's V8 is a development of that same unit. I would expect this GT1 supercar's engine to have its roots in the same, and not the Cayenne/Panamera's V8.

The whole point of this car is for Porsche to quickly produce a racecar, which thru homologation can be entered in the GT1 class at ALMS, FIA GT and LeMans. Their rules no not favor turbocharging for the GT1 class; now of course this may change in the near future, with the ACO still pondering turbocharging for the GT1 class. In that case, we may see turbos appear in the Porsche supercar accordingly, but as for now, no turbos is what I've heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
The only other choice would be build and developed a new twin-turbo Flat-12, and recapture the 917 Can-AM racers. But the twin-turbo is a huge part of Porsche future. Porsche would not build a sportscar that will keep it close to the 911 Turbo/GT2/GT3, they would like a model with plenty of power and performence that will keep them on par with Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, amoungst other companies. Porsche truly wants a huge benchmark model snd will need to make a statement to the rest of the supercarf world this time around.
Agreed that Piech is a megalomaniac but forcing a development of an entirely new Boxer engine just for the sake of tradition, is just dumb. Porsche has an excellent engine that they could otherwise use, and no I'm not looking at the Cayenne/Panamera's V8.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:07 AM
CSS Veteran

What you say is true, but to think that Porsche will develop a race bred engine instead of just having the Motorsports wing to rework the engine, namely enlarging the displacement and adding larger turbos. Piech has plans for the new direction for Auto Union or Porsche- VAG by whatever name the company will have plenty ofnew projects to spread around the markets. Piech is looking to cement his legacy once and for all, and if you ask me he will do that in the next generation of models from VAG such as the Audi AVUS, Grand Bentley, Bugatti Aerolithe, Bugatti Bordeaux, Lamborghini JOTA, and Lamborghini Estoque, all of these models will get the greenlight with the push of Piech.

I have offically seen the Bentley Grand Bentley saloon, and it looks great, since I have been here in Europe the offical model can be seen on Carmagazine.co.uk, and those are the factory pictures too. The new engine twin-turbo 6.75 liter flex-fuel V-8 that will feature a cylinder deactivation system and should be good for as much as 575 BHP in base form, with more powerful version with as much as 610 BHP. We can expect to see the Brooklands/Azure successor in roughly a years time span.

Bugatti Bordeaux will feature a aluminum spaceframe chassis shared with the Bentley Grand Bentley, and will feature a 8.0 liter quad-turbo W-16 mounted upfront and mated to a 7 speed DSG transaxle. I have seen a sketch of this model, and what I have seen of it, the front end looks very unique, with a hint of Veyron cues, while there rear end is very Porsche Panamera meaning a shooting-brake like saloon. This model will be large and pricey to say the least, but also expect this model to come in a coupe and cabriolet version, but my sources are saying don't be surprised if there is a coupe-cabriolet.