FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2016, 09:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2018 BMW 3 Series

First spy shots:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/3-s...the-first-time
Old 01-12-2016, 09:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SO basically the current car with larger nostrils (and presumably larger lights, as seen on the new 7 series). Up till now, always one 3 series was a big departure (E21, E36, E90), whilst one was a more subtle evolution of the theme before (E30, E46, F30), but I guess this will be another mildest evolution of the current car. I wonder if it will be enough in this growing and more and more competitive segment.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
SO basically the current car with larger nostrils (and presumably larger lights, as seen on the new 7 series). Up till now, always one 3 series was a big departure (E21, E36, E90), whilst one was a more subtle evolution of the theme before (E30, E46, F30), but I guess this will be another mildest evolution of the current car. I wonder if it will be enough in this growing and more and more competitive segment.
Not surprised really. Evolutionary design is usually par for the course at BMW unfortunately.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Looks like it will receive a new bumper design, almost like a facelift. Guess any radical impressions I've seen recently went out the window.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Isn't it a bit early to have prototypes driving around? I would say the current gen is working rather well commercially. On the other hand, the upcoming 5er is taking forever to be shown. Strange...
Old 01-12-2016, 02:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
Isn't it a bit early to have prototypes driving around? I would say the current gen is working rather well commercially. On the other hand, the upcoming 5er is taking forever to be shown. Strange...
Not really. The current-gen came out as a 2012 in 2011, so after model year 2017 it will have been on the market for 5 years.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:03 PM

Looks like 1999 BMW. Or was it 1991? They all look the same. Boring.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:18 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousteau View Post
Looks like 1999 BMW.
I was totally thinking late 1990's 5-Series when I saw the spy pic! Although that was one of my fav BMW models....
Old 01-13-2016, 01:01 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I was totally thinking late 1990's 5-Series when I saw the spy pic! Although that was one of my fav BMW models....
With BMW and Audi standing still by churning out new cars that look a decade old, Lincoln could easily market the Continental against that stasis, grab customers wanting style and a bit more spaciousness for the price.

Cadillac needs an entirely new look and NOW is the time to strike i.e. while BMW and Audi are sleeping.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
With BMW and Audi standing still by churning out new cars that look a decade old, Lincoln could easily market the Continental against that stasis, grab customers wanting style and a bit more spaciousness for the price.

Cadillac needs an entirely new look and NOW is the time to strike i.e. while BMW and Audi are sleeping.
talking about stale... the tail of the lincoln continental. something only a 70 yo could love. the front was much better in the prototype, too. and the dash, while nice, looks like a blinged up fusion dash (particularly the instrument cluster's shape). BMW and Audi, I agree, are sleeping and not as sharp as, say, 15 years ago (I still miss my 2000 323 Ci coupe, though I don't miss the relatively frequent and co$tly visits to the $tealership), still sell well. They sell because they represent German luxury, and Lincoln simply doesn't have that appeal. Cadillac is trying.