Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Administrator

What is going on with that small plastic side window? almost seems out of place and cost cutting effort, why not use plastic cover instead of glass. it would have looked a bit mor cohesive without that plastic cover. I know it was on the previous model as well but no need to carry it over, change it into glass and make it look better.

once I see it in person, I can make a better assessment of it, but for now I am borderline. the rear lights seem odd and not blobby enough to go with the rest of the car.

what is the starting price in the US?

As for the kia soul, I think that looks slightly better, perhaps more sportier or even mini suv like.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

If it's priced competitively enough, I just might be able to forgive Nissan for making the bottom third of the car so damn blob-like. The feature set is definitely compelling (especially if that automatic climate control is standard)... I've got my eyes on that Ash Blue color already. It's growing on me. Fast.

Last edited by anonms; 11-19-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
I despise it. If that's a "cube" then I'm Barack Obama.
I sort of agree with you, i mean on one hand i find it to be cool enough in its own unique way but the original Cube was MUCH better looking and far more funky. Dunno, this might be a better car underneath and if it is priced reasonably i might, at some point, consider getting one second hand just because it manages to stand out from the crowd but still...Mk1 Cube is way nicer looking judging from photos alone

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 PM

I don't like these types of cars, just not my thing.

What I can't believe, is that Nissan Australia is actually considering this thing here. Nissan Australia doesn't do anything this interesting. And just imagine one of these parked in the same showroom and a long side a GT-R!!

So far, Australia has missed seeing these types of cars, but Kia will be the first with the Soul.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Nondescript Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
I sort of agree with you, i mean on one hand i find it to be cool enough in its own unique way but the original Cube was MUCH better looking and far more funky. Dunno, this might be a better car underneath and if it is priced reasonably i might, at some point, consider getting one second hand just because it manages to stand out from the crowd but still...Mk1 Cube is way nicer looking judging from photos alone
Actually, the MK1 Cube was even uglier than the new MK3 Cube: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...an_Cube_01.jpg

The Cube that everything thinks is the Mk1 is actually the MK2.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:35 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
Actually, the MK1 Cube was even uglier than the new MK3 Cube: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/3/37/20071216111059!1999_Nissan_Cube_01.jpg

The Cube that everything thinks is the Mk1 is actually the MK2.
Yikes! Thanks for correcting me mate, that "real" Mk1 is horrible looking

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Nondescript Member

Haha indeed.

The only real improvement the Mk3 has over the Mk2 has is the interior IMO. I really don't like the Mk2's interior.

But I've pretty much reached the point of liking the new Cube. This is going to make choosing between the xD and the Fit a lot harder now. >.>
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to MtViewGuy188

If Nissan prices it correctly, the new Cube will finally replace my old Honda Civic HX CVT coupe. My Civic has served me well but it is starting to get a bit long in the tooth. Besides, I can use a vehicle with four side doors since I am carrying more passengers nowadays.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

it's growing on me alot. i still think it's too blobby to be seriously called "cube" (then again, what about this car is truly serious?), yet i find the design as a whole very coherent and far more impressive than that of the xB. what's also helped my impression of this car is that i've been looking at pictures of the mk2 and it doesn't look as wonderful as i remembered. it's a very impressive design, but it actually looks a bit too upright and perhaps too subtle in its detailing for such an off-beat car, which can't be said of the mk3 thanks to its apparently lower roofline and more exaggerated surface features.

i'm looking forward to seeing this in person...
Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

It's unique, funky, quirky, and avant-garde, but appears to be a dead-on competitor to the Scion XD and the Kia Soul.