Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2016, 01:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
If they could sell it in the USA for Mitsubishi Mirage prices, they could probably move 20-30K units a year.
I'm sure that will be the European price level. probably even slightly below. So it should be doable in the US as well, no question.

But question is if federalization is justified for these figures given the potential sales you mention, taken the Mitsubishi pricing in account. Plus: Being form the same factory as the Global EcoSport, we yet haves to see if it's not a bit rubbish. So probably you don't miss out on much...
Old 06-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I'm sure that will be the European price level. probably even slightly below. So it should be doable in the US as well, no question.

But question is if federalization is justified for these figures given the potential sales you mention, taken the Mitsubishi pricing in account. Plus: Being form the same factory as the Global EcoSport, we yet haves to see if it's not a bit rubbish. So probably you don't miss out on much...
Here the Mirage has weekend sales at $9999 though usually it's a $12-13K price. The Spark is in the $12-14K range and the Fiesta is $14K up and at that price point $2K is a massive amount, so Ford has nothing in that class.

Federalizing it for the USA should be a snap given European safety and emissions standards.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:10 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Dumb question - is there really a market for a car in this class? Off the top of my head I think it's exclusively occupied by Mits / Nissan - neither of which sell well. Plus the N/A market is VERY focused on CUV's right now - marginalizing sales of other GREAT products (ie - migration of consumers from mid-sized sedans to CUV's).
Old 06-08-2016, 08:36 PM

Why has it got side indicators in the front wings AND the door mirrors?
Old 06-09-2016, 07:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajprice View Post
Why has it got side indicators in the front wings AND the door mirrors?
FIrst I thought the same - but closer inspection tells us that the front wings carry horrible and cheap looking chrome fake side vents like the Escape/Kuga. Just , to save costs (probably 0,2 cents), it doesn't even have fake black vents inside....
Old 06-09-2016, 11:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Dumb question - is there really a market for a car in this class? Off the top of my head I think it's exclusively occupied by Mits / Nissan - neither of which sell well. Plus the N/A market is VERY focused on CUV's right now - marginalizing sales of other GREAT products (ie - migration of consumers from mid-sized sedans to CUV's).
Yeah, it's hard to imagine choosing this over a used Fiesta or Focus.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
Yeah, it's hard to imagine choosing this over a used Fiesta or Focus.
Especially given that it Europe it starts only like 1000 Euro below a Fiesta list wise, but given the Fiesta is better equipped (AC, power windows standard), the difference is already shrinking quickly. Plus, Ford is giving massive incentives towards Fiestas, given it is well into it's lifecycle (yet looks and feels more modern and mature), so I guess once comparably equipped and available discounts taken into account, a Fiesta will be even cheaper to buy.I guess most of these will end up (like the current Ka already) as base rental cars in holiday resorts or dealer cars you get when your proper Ford is serviced....
Old 06-09-2016, 12:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

For once, i have to agree that i don't see the business case for this car. I guess Ford has the clue but i can't see it.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Kind of hilarious that the check engine light is on in this interior pic...

Old 06-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Intelligent answer: The bottom-feeder segment has good sales. Granted they are not Civic/Corolla level, but this is the price segment that the Chinese will likely put a vehicle into, so getting there now and developing the market for the established brands makes a lot of sense.

Chevy Spark 35K
Mitsubishi Mirage 25K
Nissan Versa 153K
Hyundai Accent 80K

The Spark and Mirage are hampered by not having sedan equivalents, but that has changed for Mitsubishi. The Spark is getting a sedan version and a softroader version of the hatchback.

The Mirage is helping keep Mitsubishi afloat in the USA. The last Spark was a great product and the new one is much improved. When the Mustang is paid off, I may very well buy a Spark Activ for my daughter.