Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2018, 09:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegro View Post
Such pretty GM cars coming out. Everything looks so nice.
Then go to a dealer. Sorry, never again.
They need to take control of what happens at the dealer. Until then, never another GM product.
3 years ago, I would have whole heartedly agreed with you - then I had my buying experience w/ GM.... Mazda was a complete gong show...Honda was ok, but when I'm spending new car dollars, I don't want 'ok; Toyota was arrogant and Ford was useless... GM was on their game (at least at my dealership); they were knowledgeable, no pressure, thorough and spoke to my wife (it was HER car, I was just there b/c I'm a car geek) to ensure SHE had all the questions answered.

Mazda however should be ashamed of themselves for their dealership. We were SO CLOSE to buying a Mazda (my previous car was one - and it was solid)....they didn't return calls, knew little of the product and nothing about 'upgrading' (ie - they told me that I wasn't able to get my windows tinted through them, nor was I able to buy upgraded rims through them - which they sold through service!).... worst of all, I they wouldn't give me a quote on how much the car would cost!!!! I remember telling them, 'ok, we're interested, let me know how much we're talking about - including what's my trade worth' - and they didn't ever get back to me. And it wasn't just the sales guy was poor (which he was) -he had a wall of awards he'd won for sales?!?
Old 04-09-2018, 10:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

He probably decided you were a Saturday afternoon tire kicker...... Similar experience once at an Acura dealer when I had two kids in tow.....Never again.
Actually, its best that I go on my own. My wife is useless. She'd pay list.....
Old 04-10-2018, 12:16 AM
Raconteur

Locally...

Ford/Lincoln, Mercedes/Volvo/Subaru, Buick/GMC/Lexus, Chevrolet, VW/Porsche/Audi very professional.

Honda and Toyota arrogant and unprofessional.

Mazda/Chrysler/Jeep/Alfa-Romeo/Fiat/Maserati/Dodge/Ram (one owner) will lie and coerce for a deal