CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-18-2015, 04:33 PM
mHawk's Avatar
mHawk mHawk is offline
Mahindra Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 580
Default

While it does look nice I just think more could of been done. I was expecting a bit more from the styling department. It is going to be interesting to see with four cylinder pony car comes up trumps against the Camaro's new 2.0ltr Turbo and the Mustang's 2.3 EcoBoost.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-19-2015, 01:18 AM
AM2's Avatar
AM2 AM2 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
I'm fine with an evolutionary exterior. The rear is a bit meh, and I wish there was more glass area, but overall not bad at all, a bit more fluid than the boxy current car which is nice. The interior looks much better, I look forward to seeing it in person.
I think the rear half of the greenhouse is the weakest part of the overall design, particularly the shape of the rear side windows, it adds visual mass over the rear wheels.

Profile of the 2016 Camaro vs the 2015 Mustang

Last edited by AM2; 05-19-2015 at 01:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-19-2015, 04:53 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,866
Default

Lazy effort by GM and it's sad because I'm certain the new Camaro is a leap forward as the current Mustang is over the DEW Lite Mustang.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-19-2015, 05:19 AM
Nicktyelor's Avatar
Nicktyelor Nicktyelor is offline
The Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM2 View Post
I think the rear half of the greenhouse is the weakest part of the overall design, particularly the shape of the rear side windows, it adds visual mass over the rear wheels.

Profile of the 2016 Camaro vs the 2015 Mustang
The roofline of the Mustang is just so damn sexy. Chevy stuck with the hotwheels-style flat roof and got messy with the DLO. Mustang also looks much cleaner and more sleek in comparison to the Camaro's fussiness. I'm sure it will still sell like hot cakes though.
__________________
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Superamerica Superamerica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
The roofline of the Mustang is just so damn sexy. Chevy stuck with the hotwheels-style flat roof and got messy with the DLO. Mustang also looks much cleaner and more sleek in comparison to the Camaro's fussiness. I'm sure it will still sell like hot cakes though.
I agree that the Mustang's roofline is sexy. I actually think Ford executed the entire car pretty well. But I like the Camaro more. I like its bold lines and am curious to see which one turns out to be a better car to drive. I would take the Camaro over the Mustang, personally, because I've always loved every generation of the Camaro, especially the 80s bodystyle. And I just prefer Chevys over Fords overall.
__________________
2014 Dodge Avenger
2018 Buick LaCrosse
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-19-2015, 03:59 PM
caarmike caarmike is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,822
Default

The Camaro is the hands down winner for me. The Mustang roofline just slopes down and dosen't do much else, It's lost any trace of the historic Mustang "kick-up" in the quarter panel. Now the back half of the car just looks saggy. The Camaro has more energy, it looks like it's actually going somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-19-2015, 04:54 PM
AM2's Avatar
AM2 AM2 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
The Camaro is the hands down winner for me. The Mustang roofline just slopes down and dosen't do much else, It's lost any trace of the historic Mustang "kick-up" in the quarter panel. Now the back half of the car just looks saggy. The Camaro has more energy, it looks like it's actually going somewhere.


I still see some Mustang-ness in the profile and basic lines.

1st gen vs 6th gen Camaro


Last edited by AM2; 05-19-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,092
Default

The 'new' design is growing on me...now that I've looked at it a few times on a screen other than my iPhone - it's growing on me.

I'm still not sold on the back end - but do like the slope of the roof to the trunk.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-19-2015, 11:18 PM
exl500 exl500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 530
Default

The Mustang looks like the better coupe. I suspect the Camaro will be the better looking convertible.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-20-2015, 01:40 AM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl500 View Post
The Mustang looks like the better coupe. I suspect the Camaro will be the better looking convertible.
Agreed. The Mustang looks the far better resolved IMO.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:30 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy