Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Mahindra Fan

While it does look nice I just think more could of been done. I was expecting a bit more from the styling department. It is going to be interesting to see with four cylinder pony car comes up trumps against the Camaro's new 2.0ltr Turbo and the Mustang's 2.3 EcoBoost.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
I'm fine with an evolutionary exterior. The rear is a bit meh, and I wish there was more glass area, but overall not bad at all, a bit more fluid than the boxy current car which is nice. The interior looks much better, I look forward to seeing it in person.
I think the rear half of the greenhouse is the weakest part of the overall design, particularly the shape of the rear side windows, it adds visual mass over the rear wheels.

Profile of the 2016 Camaro vs the 2015 Mustang

Last edited by AM2; 05-19-2015 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:53 AM
Raconteur

Lazy effort by GM and it's sad because I'm certain the new Camaro is a leap forward as the current Mustang is over the DEW Lite Mustang.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:19 AM
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM2 View Post
I think the rear half of the greenhouse is the weakest part of the overall design, particularly the shape of the rear side windows, it adds visual mass over the rear wheels.

Profile of the 2016 Camaro vs the 2015 Mustang
The roofline of the Mustang is just so damn sexy. Chevy stuck with the hotwheels-style flat roof and got messy with the DLO. Mustang also looks much cleaner and more sleek in comparison to the Camaro's fussiness. I'm sure it will still sell like hot cakes though.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
The roofline of the Mustang is just so damn sexy. Chevy stuck with the hotwheels-style flat roof and got messy with the DLO. Mustang also looks much cleaner and more sleek in comparison to the Camaro's fussiness. I'm sure it will still sell like hot cakes though.
I agree that the Mustang's roofline is sexy. I actually think Ford executed the entire car pretty well. But I like the Camaro more. I like its bold lines and am curious to see which one turns out to be a better car to drive. I would take the Camaro over the Mustang, personally, because I've always loved every generation of the Camaro, especially the 80s bodystyle. And I just prefer Chevys over Fords overall.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The Camaro is the hands down winner for me. The Mustang roofline just slopes down and dosen't do much else, It's lost any trace of the historic Mustang "kick-up" in the quarter panel. Now the back half of the car just looks saggy. The Camaro has more energy, it looks like it's actually going somewhere.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
The Camaro is the hands down winner for me. The Mustang roofline just slopes down and dosen't do much else, It's lost any trace of the historic Mustang "kick-up" in the quarter panel. Now the back half of the car just looks saggy. The Camaro has more energy, it looks like it's actually going somewhere.

I still see some Mustang-ness in the profile and basic lines.

1st gen vs 6th gen Camaro

Last edited by AM2; 05-19-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The 'new' design is growing on me...now that I've looked at it a few times on a screen other than my iPhone - it's growing on me.

I'm still not sold on the back end - but do like the slope of the roof to the trunk.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:18 PM

The Mustang looks like the better coupe. I suspect the Camaro will be the better looking convertible.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:40 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl500 View Post
The Mustang looks like the better coupe. I suspect the Camaro will be the better looking convertible.
Agreed. The Mustang looks the far better resolved IMO.